test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180108a.2

Comments

• nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    "Transcendent Lightning Enchantment: The Lightning Burst effect can now crit."

The root feature on Transcendent Terror isn't working and hasn't been for some time now. Can we please get this fixed? If you aren't going to fix it, then remove the tooltip and buff the damage %.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    assidis said:

"Smolder and Rimefire Smolder should now properly be affected by Chilling Presence."
    it does not work.

It does.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Awesome patch notes.

• kraullerkrauller Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Tomb of The Nine Gods - Ghost Buged, he does not appear, Module 13 Preview Version NW.95.20180108a.2: https://youtu.be/oFNOki2ae8o
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    TR - Twisted Grin

It suffers from the exact same problem that Shadowborn did where it procs on any tic from any damage. Is it possible to make this feat proc on encounters and dailies in the exact same way you all changed Shadowborn?

Thank you
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • xavier1731xavier1731 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Tomb of The Nine Gods - Ghost bugged it does not appear and the players end up falling off the platform.
    Module 13 Preview Version NW.95.20180108a.2:https://youtu.be/0gt1PVdwwEE
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    @terramak

I saw a lot of great nerfs to DODC to drop it into same tier as temp SW and MoF CW, in return we get a minor buff in solo content, which is a wider inner circle Flamestrike. Is it possible to give us more, such as repair our pathetic heroic feats? These had been reported since beta and they are useless from every aspect.

Initiate of faith: At 5th point of this feat we get crit equal to 1% of our power. 40k base power for 1% crit with 5 feat points. WoW.
    Domain's Synergy: At 5th point of this feat you get 5% of your recovery more. Even worse, at low recovery you get nothing, with high recovery, due to diminishing return, you still get nothing.
    Battlewise + Sooth: Who really needs threat reduction? LoL.
    Cleanse: The ICD is implemented for other class's sake, can we remove or reduce it now?

We always got nerfed for other classes sake, can we remove some of the older nerf on us? HG cooldown? Gift of Haste? Hope we can get a proper response on these thanks.
    Post edited by jazzfong on
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @jazzfong its 100k power for 1% crit basicly its a useless feat.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Many of the QoL changes are great. The changes to loadouts, so far as I've briefly tested, are awesome, thanks for listening to player feedback. The addition of a cosmetics tab is also great work (would still like to see a tab for zone specific currencies like Storm King and River district). However, in looking at all the potential "fixes" for abilities, I still notice a glaring oversight.

PVPers have complained for mods now how broken SoD is in PVP and there is zero adjustment to that capstone. There were many adjustments to TRs, yet none address how utterly broken that class remains in PVP. I'll be honest, I can do nothing but shake my head at the distinct disconnect between player feedback regarding PVP and its blatantly obvious lack of prioritization.

There is a lot in the patch notes, and I don't want to simply dismiss all the improvements out of hand, however when something that has been reported, re-reported, ACT'd, video'd, and discussed ad nauseum on the forums is completely and utterly ignored... I can only throw my hands up and say "they've given up on PVP".

I'm sure more player feedback on these changes on the PTR will pour in as we have more opportunity to test them. I'm also glad to see so many changes that I think have been based on player feedback. However, I feel you sometimes strain at a gnat while swallowing a camel and this is a prime example of exactly that. When you adjust at wills like sly flourish and ignore massively unbalanced capstones in the PVP arena, there is a problem with the triage system.

One of the biggest complaints I hear from other players is a blatant imbalance that is allowed to continue for mods and mods despite being appropriately reported with as much feedback as we can give. Apparently, this trend has yet to be addressed, I can only hope that one day it will be.

Thanks for your time.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Many of the QoL changes are great. The changes to loadouts, so far as I've briefly tested, are awesome, thanks for listening to player feedback. The addition of a cosmetics tab is also great work (would still like to see a tab for zone specific currencies like Storm King and River district). However, in looking at all the potential "fixes" for abilities, I still notice a glaring oversight.

PVPers have complained for mods now how broken SoD is in PVP and there is zero adjustment to that capstone. There were many adjustments to TRs, yet none address how utterly broken that class remains in PVP. I'll be honest, I can do nothing but shake my head at the distinct disconnect between player feedback regarding PVP and its blatantly obvious lack of prioritization.

There is a lot in the patch notes, and I don't want to simply dismiss all the improvements out of hand, however when something that has been reported, re-reported, ACT'd, video'd, and discussed ad nauseum on the forums is completely and utterly ignored... I can only throw my hands up and say "they've given up on PVP".

I'm sure more player feedback on these changes on the PTR will pour in as we have more opportunity to test them. I'm also glad to see so many changes that I think have been based on player feedback. However, I feel you sometimes strain at a gnat while swallowing a camel and this is a prime example of exactly that. When you adjust at wills like sly flourish and ignore massively unbalanced capstones in the PVP arena, there is a problem with the triage system.

One of the biggest complaints I hear from other players is a blatant imbalance that is allowed to continue for mods and mods despite being appropriately reported with as much feedback as we can give. Apparently, this trend has yet to be addressed, I can only hope that one day it will be.

Thanks for your time.

I have to zengree about this. Some really great changes but some of it makes me facepalm and most of them are about TR/GF. Also some of the CWs fixes seems to be on paper, I refer you to fabricates post earlier in the thread.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    There is a lot of great stuff and many improvements according to Bugtober.
    But I also can´t see the will to change current issues in terms of classbalance, buffruns and PVP.
    I did not see many changes that will impact dominant classes in PVE same as PVP, same as I can´t find a solution towards the absence of striker classes in endcontent to some degree.
    Can´t tell what TR will be like in mod 13 atm. Warlock may get a spot in buffer groups as a supporter, but will still be less effective compared to a second DO/DC (even being nerfed) and a mof CW, same as that class is not gonna be from bigger interest in terms of dps/striker.

Maybe that task is simply to huge to solve. Guess I have to accept those buffruns, dominant classes as now and the current state of PVP (if it can be called a state).
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    We'd like to reduce the potency of bringing two Devoted Clerics to a party, and instead open that spot in high-end groups to other classes that can provide offensive support.

ok! but where is damage of Tamplock, MoF or TR Saboteur ??
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

We'd like to reduce the potency of bringing two Devoted Clerics to a party, and instead open that spot in high-end groups to other classes that can provide offensive support.

ok! but where is damage of Tamplock, MoF or TR Saboteur ??
    Templock is supposed to be a support (heals/buffs), MoF is a debuffer, and Sabo is a DPS -> low CD, more BF, and now with BF proccing lightning, even better.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    so what the other 'offensive support' class in this game?
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• iceylolz11iceylolz11 Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Trickster Rogue
    • Duelist's Flurry can now trigger weapon enhancements with each hit against the target.
    • Gloaming Cut: This power's tooltip has been updated to clarify its functionality. Functionality has not changed.
    • Impact Shot now deals approximately 20% more damage.
    • Impact Shot now calculates based on the correct amount of charges left; it had previously thought the player had fewer charges than they actually did.
    • Oppressive Damage: An issue has been fixed where the rank-up values were providing much more damage than intended. To compensate for this change, the base damage has been increased, and this power now scales with player stats.
    • Path of the Blade can now proc the Lostmauth's Vengeance effect.
    • Path of the Blade now procs weapon enchantments on the first hit only.
    • Path of the Blade now deals an extra tick of damage.
    • Path of the Blade now hits up to 5 targets, increased from 3.
    • Razor Action now has a 30' radius at rank 1, and no longer increases by 5' per rank.
    • Razor Action no longer deals Piercing damage.
    • Razor Action now scales with buffs / Power.
    • Razor Action: The artifact off-hand bonus for this power has been redesigned. It now increases Damage and Run Speed by 2% for each target hit by Razor Action.
    • Shadow of Demise: This effect now only takes into account the damage dealt by the Trickster Rogue who applied it, even when several are applied at once.
    • Shadowborn: This feat has been changed to the following effect: Whenever you enter stealth, your next encounter or daily power deals an additional 5/10/15/20/25% damage as physical damage.
    • Shadowy Opportunity now deals 10/20/30/40/50% weapon damage, down from 20/40/60/80/100%, but now scales with player stats.
    • Sly Flourish now increases enemy damage taken by 10%, rather than reducing enemy armor.
    • Smoke Bomb now procs weapon enchantments on the first hit.
    • Smoke Bomb now deals an extra tick of damage. Damage for each tick has been reduced to compensate for the extra tick.
    • Tenacious Concealment: This power now grants 20% Stealth Loss reduction and 5% Stealth Regeneration at each rank.
    • Tenacious Concealment: This power no longer grants Stealth Regeneration while taking damage.
    • Tenacious Concealment: Rank 4 of this power should now properly function.
    • Tenacious Concealment: The Artifact Off-hand bonus has been increased to 20% Stealth Loss reduction.
    currently saboteur TR cant regain stealth to 100% while being attacked, even when you use shadow strike. only way to get 100% stealth is using lurker's or having tenacious concealment slotted

• niszdog#4897 niszdog Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Can anyone on PC confirm if there is a change to feytouched only triggering the DMG boost from daily power usage.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @terramak @balanced#2849

Guys, assuming the patch notes actually match the SW changes, you just nerfed Pillar of Power buff for allies in mod 13, I mean this:

"Pillar of Power: This now grants half of its normal buff value to allies who stand in it.

Power of the Nine Hells: This no longer increases Pillar of Power's buff value for allies."

Balanced, as you tested yourself when I pointed it out to you, PoP with maxed out Pot9H is a 18% dps increase for allies and 12% without it so, with (according to mod 13 patch notes) PoP granting half of its buff value (24% for caster) for allies (12%) you effectively are nerfing PoP buff for allies by 6%, you said yourself PoP was gonna grant 75% of its buff value to allies to match that 18% so why didn't that make it to these patch notes?

Copy pasting your answer to me on this SW offficial thread (page #5)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1235687/official-m13-scourge-warlock-changes/p5

"Okay so, you were partially correct with your analysis. Pillar of Power grants the SW 12% at rank 1, and 24% at rank 4 of the power. That should be the same whether or not you have points in Power of the Nine Hells. (I also checked this myself to be sure)

The math on Pillar of Power buff, for allies, appeared to be wrong. (Or at least it didn't match the tooltip). It was granting 12% at rank 1 without any feat points spent. If you had 5/5 points in Power of the Nine Hells, it would add an additional 2% per rank of the power which ended up being an 18% boost at rank 4.

My intention here was definitely not to nerf Pillar of Power - so thank you for pointing that out! I'll update the patch note, but it's effectively going to be "Pillar of Power now provides 75% of its buff value to allies in its circle." This should match exactly what it was before with 5/5 points in Power of the Nine Hells."

This is what you said about PoP on page 1 of that thread to keep it buffing allies by the same % it does on live now:

"Power of the Nine Hells: No longer grants 10/20/30/40/50% of Pillar of Power's buff amount to allies
    Pillar of Power: Now grants 75% of its buff effect to allies standing in it"

Please check that out guys, PoP needs to give 75% of its buff value to continue to buff allies by 18% otherwise you are nerfing that down to 12%
  • vm71vm71 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    "Companions that teleport behind enemies will no longer teleport behind the Dragon Turtle in Sea of Moving Ice.
    This affects the following companions: Blink Dog, Mercenary, Owl, Phase Spider, Shadow Demon, Xuna" -
    This is good, but why is nothing said about Arania? She's not teleported, she's just transformed into a spider and dies.
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    @terramak

There is no official feedback thread in the preview subforum to provide feedback for the class and item balance changes for Mod 13. Are we expected to reply in this thread about those?
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I'm glad to see Spell Storm will be able to crit again, it'll make my Vorpal a little more viable. I do have concerns though about reports of it and various other entity powers not using the chars Crit %. Are they using the player's Crit Severity at least?

For the DC changes, this doesn't affect me much atm since I've basically retired from end-game content. Before with group content, DOs were the easier budget path and ACs were the harder rich path. It was nice that there was a budget option, but these changes make the budget aspect more apparent. It seems the solution to the 2-DC meta was just to nerf DOs (again). I don't see any of this having much impact on the 2 DC meta though, just makes it less capable. A high IL AC (and OP) will be considered the required member(s), while the DO will have more competition from MoF CWs and Tempt SWs. Which I guess is fine, but it raises the AC as the clearly dominant path, as long as it's sufficiently funded.

That said, I think the changes to reduce identical buffs from stacking between 2 DCs was a good call. The problem I see is that DOs got additional nerfs to HG and BtS, which are DO powers for all intents and purposes.

This brings me to another, larger point. Support classes have become completely dominant in the end-game because they are such good damage multipliers. However, the 2 clear winners are power-sharing DCs and power-sharing OPs. What do they have in common? Power-sharing. To do this effectively requires large amounts of high rank Radiant Enchants though, and therefore cost a lot. Power-sharing also causes an over-performance of Bondings, which helped instigate such steep nerfs to them. It seems power-sharing in general throws a lot of things out of balance and causes a lot of the niche power-spikes responsible for uber speed runs that make the devs and other players cry.

GFs used to share defense as power with Into the Fray and it was considered out of whack and got converted to a flat buff instead. I think ALL power and stat sharing powers, passives, feats, etc need to be cut and converted into flat buffs too. I know some people will hate me for saying it, but I think this is the primary cause of power disparity and peak levels of over-performance. They should be replaced with generous flat bonuses instead, just like what was done with GFs and ITF.

This would have 2 positive effects. It would stop some of the crazy power spikes we see, but more importantly, it would help level the playing field for supports (and make them easier to balance in relation to one another). It would also level the cost of ACs and OPs, because currently DOs, MoFs, and others buff pretty much as well at 12k as at 17k. AC and OP buffs are largely gear dependent.

On the negative side, unless the flat buffs were crazy good, it would weaken parties some overall. In general though, the buffs all around are probably just too dang good, hence the 4-support meta going on. If power sharing is eliminated, dungeon difficulty should be adjusted downward slightly to try and compensate.

Anyway, that's how I see it.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    pterias said:

I'm glad to see Spell Storm will be able to crit again, it'll make my Vorpal a little more viable. I do have concerns though about reports of it and various other entity powers not using the chars Crit %. Are they using the player's Crit Severity at least?

They do.
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Thanks for your time.

I have to zengree about this. Some really great changes but some of it makes me facepalm and most of them are about TR/GF. Also some of the CWs fixes seems to be on paper, I refer you to fabricates post earlier in the thread.
    If the changes to the CW actually go through as they listed in the notes then from a PVP perspective the SSM CW will be lethal. Having a single target skill that's not disintegrate will be huge in pvp. Dropping the feytouch seems to be for the best as well if you go fully offensive. A buffed IR + Dis will be lethal to a controlled target.

Again "PVP only," and IF the changes they wanted go through correctly. Im on console though so I can only theorycraft based on patch notes and you guys comments. Please keep them coming about the CW.
This discussion has been closed.