test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't give "Freddy the Freeloaders" the boot...

Comments

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    I am in the mood, i would love to fall into my sword lol, was in CN, which by today's standard is a walk through the park, but not, if you got them people we talk about here.

It was a pain in my neck, all my team mates had just crappy mixed gear from all around the game, not even suited for their classes, most didn't have weapon or armor enchants, just artificially pushed IL to the minimum point so they could get in and since they could get in, it was obvious they have a better geared toon, which unlocked the epic dungeons for them.

"Thanks" to PUG Q couldn't leave, cause didn't wanted to eat the penalty.

Few days ago was in a leveling dungeon, one player left at the start, so i was left with a zero geared player, he died like 10 times just through normal ToS, then went AFK and i couldn't do anything, couldn't kick him, since the system message told me, we aren't enough to initiate a vote kick. I was faced again, what to do, leave since an idiot went AFK on me or eat the penalty. Finally after a few PMs he decided we can go on, but i would bet my salary, he calculated the time left and enjoyed every minute of messing with me.

Did i say i "love" PUG Q? :s
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    asterotg said:

If the Devs would hear my friends swear in team speak about random que and exploiters, they might rethink their bright idea.

I know for a fact, some of them did download another MMO and started playing it together after a few 'unlucky encounters' in random que.

If you have limited play time of one or two hours a day and you have to waste 20-40 minutes on a regular basis to leechers and exploiters, it is a solid argument, so spent your time and money elsewhere. If you have more time on your hand and you run random skirmishes/ dungeon on more chars, you are more likely, to get grouped with one of those and if this happens each day multiple times, your BS tolerance might get down to zero.

Most ppl play, to have fun. Where is the fun, in being forced to group up with random players, who exploit the HAMSTER out of the game and waste your time.

Entirely this! 100% Like it would describe my guild/my Friends and me!

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Because of this, they cannot be vote-kicked because the system responds to a vote-kick by saying "they have not been in the instance long enough".

Thank you for the report. Sorry to hear you are running into players who behave like this. That message shouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they are offline, but instead is referring to a grace period all players are given upon being matched into a group before they can be kicked.

Have you tried vote-kicking them after 5 minutes have elapsed from when you entered the map? It should be possible to kick them after the grace period has elapsed even if they disconnected before being transferred to the map. Currently we don't have any plans to allow players to be kicked inside the grace period, to prevent abuse, even if they do happen to disconnect.

However, if offline players are unable to be kicked after the grace period that is a serious issue. Our team was always able to kick offline players after the grace period internally, so please let us know if you are unable to do so.
    ToDG, PoM, if someone DC's to avoid the leaver penalty, you have to wait at the camp site for 5 minutes before you can kick and progress as you cannot start the instance until you have gathered your party.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    Wow spunkmeier, you have the worst luck. While I have seen an increase in folks who want to just ride, I have not even come close to your experiance. I feel for you.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Report them?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wyld#8417 wyld Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Spunk - like you, I have had WONDERFUL luck with the Random Queue system. Granted, I am on PS4, and the system is still new, but I have been stuck with nothing BUT these craptastic freeloaders and disconnectors. I am then penalized for wanting to jump out and into a legitimate run.

Great thinking, devs!

To be completely honest, I'd much prefer the old dungeon system back.

Dont know how and dont think it would do any good anyway.

Help menu; Request GM Assistance; Player Behaviour; fill out the ticket.

Maybe it will help in the long term, maybe it won't, but not doing anything won't help at all.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    asterdahl said:

Because of this, they cannot be vote-kicked because the system responds to a vote-kick by saying "they have not been in the instance long enough".

Thank you for the report. Sorry to hear you are running into players who behave like this. That message shouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they are offline, but instead is referring to a grace period all players are given upon being matched into a group before they can be kicked.

Have you tried vote-kicking them after 5 minutes have elapsed from when you entered the map? It should be possible to kick them after the grace period has elapsed even if they disconnected before being transferred to the map. Currently we don't have any plans to allow players to be kicked inside the grace period, to prevent abuse, even if they do happen to disconnect.

However, if offline players are unable to be kicked after the grace period that is a serious issue. Our team was always able to kick offline players after the grace period internally, so please let us know if you are unable to do so.
    I saw one do that the other day while I was in IG - but honestly I don't know why people disconnect because they require to finish the dungeon or skirmish to get the AD. Still we waited for close to 4 minutes while we couldn't kick him or even start the Madness. Still we waited until we could finally kick them because they had been given plenty of time to reconnect.

The problem on the flip side for why kicking had limitations placed on it - if people remember previously people were kicking people not for valid reasons in the past but based on their class or item level. Now we have 'a few' people who login to a dungeon from time to time and D/C just to hold up others it seems.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Yesterday I did 5 random skirmishes. 2 MotHs which went without incident and in fact doing 14.8 million of the 16 million damage done in the skirmish was fun on one of them.

The other 3 were PoM/ToDG where I joined part way through when gold was already out of the question. As it happens they were done reasonably fast and I got the second ring each time.

Worst experience the day before. Zone into ToDG, player disconnects. We wait, can't kick him 3 minutes in, another player gets bored, walks out the door and logs without quitting the team. Original player reconnects almost immediately, eventually I've had enough and abandon and take the penalty, but you need to be able to kick much faster.
    I had a problem yesterday with connectivity. Had my DC in a random dungeon. Ended up in GWD. Never even made it up the stairs. Kept freezing, server not responding. Game crashed. Did what I could on my end to smooth things out (restarted comp and the router). When I went back into the game for some reason my DC had the leaver penalty active. Queue up GWF #1 and on with the game.
    Another variant today. IG 3x14K+DPS, 2x 6K. We complete the first phase in no time, the 3 highups vote to go on, at which point the 2 6Ks clearly go afk and simply stay dead for the remainder as we complete gold, we can't kick them because there are 2 of them.
  • rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User

Another variant today. IG 3x14K+DPS, 2x 6K. We complete the first phase in no time, the 3 highups vote to go on, at which point the 2 6Ks clearly go afk and simply stay dead for the remainder as we complete gold, we can't kick them because there are 2 of them.

I wait to see what others vote. If two or more vote to leave I vote with them. Frankly IG is kinda crappy that way, most people just want to get their AD from random, not going for Gold level items.

Maybe they were protesting being roped into doing gold. I don't blame them.

They are abusing a HAMSTER system, gold was going to be fast and painless with the amount of DPS we had (I've done longer PoMs and ToDGs) they weren't going to be contributing much anyway, but that they're allowed to simply stay dead and get the rewards is ridiculous.
  • trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Anyone that votes leave should be allowed to leave at the level they completed with applicable rewards.

Anyone that votes leave and is forced to stay should be given bonus rewards per stage they are forced to remain.

Wondering who would race to hit "leave" for the possible bonus and the group possibly get enough leave votes to end the run LoL

ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

greywynd said:

Anyone that votes leave should be allowed to leave at the level they completed with applicable rewards.

Anyone that votes leave and is forced to stay should be given bonus rewards per stage they are forced to remain.

Wondering who would race to hit "leave" for the possible bonus and the group possibly get enough leave votes to end the run LoL

Lesson learned 0,o

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I had a lot of time today so when I queued for random we went to Cragmire Crypts one player didn't move from assembly point the other player and I waited a couple of minutes at the first mob so see if they would catch up, after a little more time they showed as disconnected so the other player and I went on...

We cleared the dungeon and somehow was able to open the boss gate with the one player still showing disconnected.

We took out the boss and collected the chest. The other player left and I jumped up on the chest and just stayed there doing some inventory housekeeping, professions and such. After a while the one player who had been showing disconnected all the while we were in the dungeon came in collected their chest and left.

I didn't think about getting their character name at the time but it was disturbingly funny for me that it turned out that way, it wasn't the first time something like that happened on a random which is why I decided to wait to see if it happened again.

I wish there was some way to block a person who doesn't even participate from entering to collect the chest at the end when they didn't do anything to help clear the dungeon... not to be vindictive but to keep people from doing that intentionally using the technique as an exploit...
    DD~
    Had you left with them disconnected the instance would have closed and they would have nothing to collect.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Had you left with them disconnected the instance would have closed and they would have nothing to collect.

Nice to know, I'll keep that in mind.

DD~
    Frankly this is a dev issue that should be easy to address. If you are disconnected for over a minute, hell lets say two, you should auto kick.

Keep in mind that you might get a late add, I have selected random and got popped right at the boss fight door after the boss kill.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2018

... I have selected random and got popped right at the boss fight door after the boss kill.

I had this happen to me last night. I entered the dungeon to find everything cleared out and the purple bar saying my party was waiting for me. Odd but man did it make the dungeon run quick.

EDIT: Fixed Spelling Error
    Post edited by dafrca#4810 on
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I am so fed up with this, I just leave the party and take the leavers penalty. While I have 20 characters (including my leadership alts) with better gear, then most ppl running random skirmish, I would not make others carry my low geared alts. If all my 13k+ chars (6) have leavers penalty, happened once, I stop playing.

They need to adjust min IL. The new gear and guild boons inflate ppls IL without contributing enough to their performance. A friend did gear up an praying alt with R 7s and TONG gear. With a few campaign boons and guild boons he did hit 13k in a few hours. I know, that not everyone can farm 500 IL gear, but the hunt drops are just a matter of grind and give 480 IL.

Maybe a grace period of 6 month for new players, to que without min IL and a mandatory min IL of 8k IL for skirmishes and a higher min IL for all other dungeons for everyone else is in order, to force ppl running an alt army, to gear their alts up and contribute to the fight.

I hate wasting my time in epic dungeons tanking and doing DPS on whatever character I joined with, bc everyone else just scratched min IL and cant contribute at all.

PS for the love of god, pls spec your 7K DC as DO and your 7k CW as MOF, so you can at last give some buffs and debuffs in group content instead of near to no dps/ power share.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    asterotg said:

PS for the love of god, pls spec your 7K DC as DO and your 7k CW as MOF, so you can at last give some buffs and debuffs in group content instead of near to no dps/ power share.

That statement says more about how broken epic and end game content is with regards to healing and control. I mean you have to forget new players coming in the game, running all the low level content and having their DC heal and CW control and actually expect that same functionality hitting level 70+.

End game has come down to how to do as massive amounts of DPS or how to buff DSP or how to debuff massive amounts of opponent damage, and a bit of dodging for some classes.

• akichidakichid Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Thanks to "loadouts", characters can program DPS and debuff, depending on the situation they find themselves in...

IF a player takes the time and know how to use the loadouts which it appears a great many players, particularly newer, below 70 players don't.