test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Lost City of Omu Hunts

Comments

• preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

Pretend this is written in garish teal... I won't participate in making important comments harder to read

Since these items are flagged as unique and unstackable though mailable, the emergent mechanism of mailing trophies and lures is supported by item properties, and since it is well known this is being done, we can assume this is intended

So, the intent is for us to mail them to ourselves if we want to have more than one

MMO players farm and grind... that does not change for one feature

Items stored in a player's mail or in their shared bank slots are not backed up, so if your account is compromised or somehow something goes wrong, those items cannot be restored by Cryptic

Encouraging players to store valuable items using methods that are not backed up is seriously bad practice

@asterdahl If someone's account is compromised, will the support team be able to recover any lures or trophies they had stored in their mail or shared storage?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Hunts were designed to be a social feature, providing guilds and groups of friends with an opportunity to do some open world content that's not as restrictive as normal instance play. In addition, we wanted players to have the opportunity to form groups spontaneously and make new social connections in a setting that forced players to communicate and had real downtime. (Fast-paced queued content is not always the easiest place to make new connections, as there's rarely any time to talk.) This is something the design team felt was missing from the landscape pre-module 12.

I'm glad you emphasised "guilds and groups of friends" there.

Personally I find basically 0 value in doing this, and its a pretty common attitude in my guild/alliance. The reason there is no value is its grinding content. "Farming" any of the hunt marks in Chult (either River or Omu)is a process of running in a circle repeatedly killing the same mobs for the chance of a trophy dropping.

As both level 1 and level 2 hunts require multiple attempts to generate the materials needed to attempt the level 3 hunt this means farming is required to try and get the rewards, both the +5 gear and the drops from level 2 and 3 hunts.

This can be a group activity on a number of levels, from the person with all the Hunts unlocked managing the creation of lures to just helping each other farm faster.

The unnecessary burden on this process is the way that trophies interact with the inventory; no stacking, cannot be picked up if 1 is in inventory. Removing this burden on the task at a minimum is one less burden that players have to overcome to enjoy this content.

Keeping in mind that I like Chult and I like the idea of Hunts, its these sorts of niggling things with inventory management and so on that makes it annoying (that's before we start talking about drop rates (0 trophies from 3 marks this morning testing Omu with my SW) and spawn rates that force the grind (which I acknowledge your comment wrt gear level availability as justifying).
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    @asterdahl At least respond to the stackable thing. •-• Personally I like hunts, and no I don't do them with friends typically, except to explain it to them like I did wih my friend last week thats about it, I do them on my downtime when im by myself, with music in the backgorund. The only issues I have with them is the difference is the following:

<ul><li>Lack of differing rng on different lures you farm. There's certain lures within the same tier that'll take a lot longer to farm, yet seem to have practically the exact same rng since there in the same tier. >.> Im sorry, but something that can take 30 minutes to farm compared to something I can farm in 2 minutes shouldn't have the same droprate.
    <li>The rng, on rng, on rng plays off the first one. If you're going to do this you can't have all the groups having the same rng to drop the items were after if something has one spawn I expect it to have a much higher chance vs something with a million spawns. : P
    <li>Lack of stacking, next to all players even though its frown upon use thier mail to store the lures simply beacuse it'd be very in-effective if we didn't, but even that takes up about 15-20 minutes of a players time (for console, less for pc since copy n' paste name) due to sending things to yourself constantly when it comes to farming em, and making the lures themselves. -w- </ul>

Other than that I enjoyed the hunts, I do agree with the Auction House thing that's what Ive told my friends in the past, but yes take what's above into consideration, I am a farmer of the hunts I don't buy them, Ive put a lot of hours into farming even after I got my rings. -w- I still want to see it improved and thats a good place to start, the idea is fine, just make it more player friendly and logical... cx
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    asterdahl said:

Make the trinkets stackable and postable on AH, thanks.

We have no plans to allow the posting of hunt lures or trophies on the auction house. We are intentionally limiting these items to trading as we'd like to focus on maintaining the hunts feature as a social feature. Whether this means primarily running hunts with friends and guildmates, or engaging in direct trades with other players, that's up to you. Hunts are designed to be a feature that helps adventurers make new connections and give them something to do with their existing connections.

If sales were allowed on the auction house, the amount of socialization that occurs as part of the feature would be severely diminished. In addition, these items will lose their value much more quickly as engaging in the market will be easier, and at any given moment players will have access to all trophies and lures that are on sale, as opposed to the subset of those that are available at the time they check with others interested in trading. We'd like to encourage players to hunt their own marks, or to socialize with other players to make trades.

I understand this may not be the response you were hoping for, but I wanted to let you know that we have heard this feedback, and it's currently not something we plan to change.
    Trading, not so much, but it did made some of the guildies to hunt regardless of their ability to comprehend every intrinsic value of the game and just to have some fun time socializing via discord when we find a hunt or something similar.

I could find someone who's IL 11000 and someone with IL 16000 cooperating together regardless of their class, skill, knowledge, role etc. And all classes could play happily!

I am completely okay with the way this system works and I can freely say that it is one of the best features since it actually isn't really bot friendly (huge bravo for that) and much more can be achieved with a group rather than going alone. And i said this after getting some experience and it's also nice to see it directly from your statement to which I completely agree. Not everyone plays this to be an overachiever and hunts negate the necessity for the people to fall into the elitism trap of having to finish the end-game dungeons and skirmishes in order to be the best. And after some time people lose enthusiasm to farm one the same dungeon with maybe 4 people, tops.

I can proudly say that I organize Chult hunt events with my guild. And it did bring people together. At one time there were 15 of us taking up strategic positions. And that is something that we will remember as a part of the guild event/hunt. Everyone got together and we all helped eachother out in terms of achieving the gear as the prize. And normally in the solo variant they'd never achieve it due to the necessity to work as a group. And THAT is what MMO is all about in it's core. You guys, developers, producers, community managers or whoever finally achieved that and that's the reason why I came back after a year of pause. I see potential in what MOD13 brings (and I hope that in the future there could be some nice changes for the CW, any changes, really, the class lives for theorycrafting and so do many cw's find great enthusiasm in tinkering)

Anywho, on the negative side : I did notice, however, that lately rarely any drop comes from the hunts for me. I've killed over 20 Smilodons, Venomtails and those Eotyrannuses alongside with the Batiri's with receiving maybe one or two trophies altogether. Like the RNG wen't extremely low or something and made it extremely frustrating. And I tested it by being in the same party with the people. As soon as I left the party, there were drops of the trophies but with me in the party - not really.
    It's like two weeks ago the drop rate diminished to extreme rates. I've also noticed that HR's get two trophies sometimes as well as that the GWF's have far more luck in finding the trophies.

The trophy that seems to fall more than usual is the Ogre's bone from the two big ogre undeads. Those things overflow, while rest of the trophies do not come equally good.

I don't know how this works exactly, but the drop rate seriously diminished after some time which made less and less people interested in pursuing this.

Proposition : Since the trophies are already very rare to be found due to the way they drop only from the rare mobs, their drop rate should always be 100%.

Spending 6 hours in the S. River is nobody's idea of fun. Nope. The game's majority is represented by people with jobs, families and obligations who can't really spend 6 hours waiting for some scorpion to show up. And as an organizer, getting everyone to fit a certain time-span, there's always issues and problems, I assure you of that. And I assure you that we tried over the past months.
    And people can easily stop socializing and lose their enthusiasm when the trophies do not fall even after killing so many rare spawns which happened with some people who don't share my enthusiasm.
    That really needs to change since the Trophy pursuing seems to be the meta currently (it's a good meta, I really enjoy it).

Even if the drop rate would be 1/3 it would still be great, but I recently killed over 20 of each without getting any trophy. I don't know what's with that but I was not going to write a ticket for something arbitrary like that. The problem is, it's not just me but my guildies and friends too.

I wonder is there a cap on how many trophies per week you can gather or something?
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • erzsebeththeevilerzsebeththeevil Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Please make them stackable...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    For me, what would really help would be if those voodoo dolls were account-bound instead of character-bound. I mean, really -- you guys gave us an extra bag in M12 because we were already slammed with character-bound inventory items, then took a bunch of slots away with those voodoo dolls (for that matter, does anyone even use them?) I'm about to just discard every voodoo doll on every alt because they've become such a nuisance.

Now if you really want to win friends, change those Winter Festival scarves to account-bound and let them stack. I can stack scarves in my dresser drawer, so why can't my character?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    @c1k4ml3kc3
    Just one thing, who told you that GWFs have better luck? I rarely get any trophies on my GWF. My TR gets more, but that's what RNG is.
    Also, all classes can get 2x trophy. It really depends on RNG because this whole game is one big RNG.

I do agree that it should be MUCH higher - venomtails are rare enough on their own, let alone involving ANOTHER layer of RNG. Sure, it would inflate the more common lures eg. ogre bone (dont take that outta context), but considering that they're so easy to get right now, practically nothing would change.
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I absolutely dispise hunts. Making the lures/items that make lure stackable MIGHT get me interested, but due to the RNG on RNG I'll probably pass on hunts again. I personally would rather see theses hunts made into mini skimishes that are queueable, and the same goes for the HEs. Spending time in an ever descreasing populated 'adventure zone' trying to get in an instance for a HE is bad design. The only time I spent in Chult was to do 3 weekly quests. To max out the totems I needed for the rest of the week I did Folly. Dungeons, skirmishes, trials, and raids are what this game is all about, and chat let them know during the maintenance stream. But according to Foss concerning the old CN: "We hadn't dialled in what you wanted to play yet." LOL WHAT?
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

It's like two weeks ago the drop rate diminished to extreme rates. I've also noticed that HR's get two trophies sometimes as well as that the GWF's have far more luck in finding the trophies.

What's wrong with you and GWFs? I do main a GWF and if ever this was true, I'm pretty sure that RNG forgot me, as I'm pretty unlucky for rare mobs drops. This sentence alone gives you zero credibilty, some people are luckier than other and class doesn't play a role at all in that.

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    spending 3 SMOP for a piece of lure do not promote socializing it promotes botting. 225k Ad for 1 piece of lure. If this system stays i would cave and start farming hunts to make ad. easier than rnd Queues at least
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

- increase chance for +5 rings. The hunts are a too big RNG. I gave up on farming in the first week of mod12. As have many. I don't even visit chult unless I have to do a weekly.
    - stop forcing socialization for players in a way that you think it should be done. Majority of us us are grown ups and we know how to socialize without anyone forcing it on us.
    - make stacking possible

- if you truly want to increase socialization disregard the above and just make the party (each member of the party) that started the hunt to get the loot. That will increase socialization by a factor of x100. Example:
    I start the KoS hunt with 4 additional members in my party and we each get loot. Not just the person that owns the lure.
    Feedback done. We all win.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    For context why the lure stacking and RNG rings are bad:

1) I've killed hundreds of hunts. Not a single +5. Not even a hunter +5 but whatever.
    2) Dino Slayer +5 ring. Do you know what I saw recently? Someone selling it for 70 SMOPs. That's 5.25 MILLION AD.
    3) As I said in 1), i still dont have a single +5 chult ring. I gave up. You made a grinder quit your new content. It's just painful at this point.

But oh well.
  • lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

What bots? Bots don't gear for chult.

yeah guess why
    micky1p00 said:

And Dumb repetitive tasks are better for bots.
    Kill in area X, lure drops, mail lure to another account. Mail failed, full, mail to next in list, etc...

not even close to the real thing
  • organius#4038 organius Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Make the trinkets stackable and postable on AH, thanks.

We have no plans to allow the posting of hunt lures or trophies on the auction house. We are intentionally limiting these items to trading as we'd like to focus on maintaining the hunts feature as a social feature. Whether this means primarily running hunts with friends and guildmates, or engaging in direct trades with other players, that's up to you. Hunts are designed to be a feature that helps adventurers make new connections and give them something to do with their existing connections.

If sales were allowed on the auction house, the amount of socialization that occurs as part of the feature would be severely diminished. In addition, these items will lose their value much more quickly as engaging in the market will be easier, and at any given moment players will have access to all trophies and lures that are on sale, as opposed to the subset of those that are available at the time they check with others interested in trading. We'd like to encourage players to hunt their own marks, or to socialize with other players to make trades.

I understand this may not be the response you were hoping for, but I wanted to let you know that we have heard this feedback, and it's currently not something we plan to change.
    Let's talk about hunting.We all understand why you did so that the lures would not stacks.All this for pushing players buy Vip.I am not against that,its ok.But, as you know, mail has a limit and this limit is 20 lures/trophies,even 12 VIP not help.Is time to do right think and let the stack lures and trophies.
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Now, I could be wrong here (because I don't do hunts anymore due to the sheer tedium associated with them), but I remember trying to "socialize" with others and farm hunt marks. When a trophy DID drop, it became dog eat dog immediately as we all rolled need or greed for it. Now, if this is still the case (I'm not sure, I haven't done hunts in a while), then why not just make all hunt marks drop for everyone like T-Rex fangs. I'm not saying make them guaranteed drops, but to have everyone in the group get a drop when a trophy actually decides to drop. I understand there may be a balancing issue here with multiple trophies leading to more rapid allocation of hunt rewards, but the majority of people in Chult (in my experience) are solo players. I would love to group up with other random players and prowl around for hunt marks for a few hours. But in its current state the player that receives the trophy just leaves immediately. "Socializing" should be taken to mean between strangers as well, not just between guildies who will have each other's best interests in mind.

A similar issue exists with the hunt encounters as well. In a random group, the person who initiates the hunt and worked hard for their offering doesn't want to share their hard-earned loot with strangers (understandably so). If the rewards for hunts were instanced and not based on need or greed rolls, that would definitely enhance the "socialization" you are aiming for. The hunt system makes players hate each other and see each other as obstacles, not allies, especially if someone else comes by and kills the rare mob that you've been trying to get to spawn for the last hour.
  • thyuberdudethyuberdude Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    @asterdahl You've managed to at the very least beat me to death with your point on socializing. But speaking from my own experience. One of the biggest things that prevents me from wanting to trade with other players for trinkets and lures is the fact that it's a painstaking process. I have to trade items 1 for 1 then store whatever i just bought in my mailbox and start over. Doing this in some cases 20 times or more. The process is mind numbingly boring. AT the very least PLEASE make trinkets/trophies STACKABLE.
    Draco Metallum GF - Tank stuff till dead
    Draco Metallum GWF - Hit stuff till dead
    Draco Metallum CW - Debuff stuff till dead
    Draco Metallum DC - Buff stuff till dead
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2018

@c1k4ml3kc3
    Just one thing, who told you that GWFs have better luck? I rarely get any trophies on my GWF.

Nobody needs to "tell me" something regarding a personal observation. It's just my experience when farming since the beginning of the game. It doesn't have to be the case, it's just an observation in terms of the RNG experience.

For instance, on Remorhaz for the Black Ice gloves (back in Icewind dale) I received those gloves several times on the wizard class after long pauses, but not at all on other classes. I know TR people who were looking to find it for months without any luck. If I get it the first time I come into the encounter and barely do any particular damage, it's kind of faulty.

Another example : Discord and Discontent - Done over 30 beholders in SH alone and over 100 in groups, didn't receive Discord and Discontent. Come with a Warlock who dies twice in the process, get them first try.

That particularity reminded me of how the epic encounters worked back in Tiamat (not sure if it's still the case), but basically dying makes you to reach top charts because you heal-out yourself in the process of respawning. So you could just keep on dying in tiamat over the ledge and get 1st position without any particular damage/work involved. This is the reason why healers, for instance, would also reach top charts (including renegade wizards as well as temp warlocks). And without doing anything but dying, you get the best possible item available.

I do think that some classes have a better overall RNG for specific drops. It is not at all a chance that at a particular place venomtails drops twice and on others barely once in 20 tries.

Again, just my observation so it's okay if you don't want to believe or take it with a grain of salt. :)

I also agree with you that certain mobs are rarer to find, but then again there are other instances which would help you to cover more of a strategic position so it's not really an issue to farm once you really set your mind on it.

P.S. I got a +5 Ring from Chultan Treasure. >:) :p;)
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    overflow exp reward.. I was able to click it countless times.. got over 300 RAD and countless Opals / and other stones.. it finally went away.. but was fun none the less.. but def a bug
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    That was already acknowledged by the devs in a different thread that it is not working as intended.
  • liambradshaw#2102 liambradshaw Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Hunt system is mostly ok. Mostly. They really should stack even if the stack is only small and would it kill you to make the leg rings 1% more common. I've ran literally 1000s of batiri masks that I've both bought and farmed and only had 1 +5 ring drop.
    It has got to the point I can't face killing them anymore. Guess they won in the end.
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    The RNG behind the hunts needs to be improved. It is not enjoyable to spend hours running around trying to find a rare creature to then kill it and get nothing.

I spent over 2 hours one day and never saw a single rare creature - this does not make me want to continue to do the hunts as its a colossal time sink (and really feels like a waste of time).

The rare creatures need to spawn more often and they should always drop the trinket - or at the very least 50% of the time. There is too much RNG on top RNG to even get the lures not counting the RNG on top of that to get a decent drop.

I like the idea of the hunts/lures it just needs to actually feel like its worth doing.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    People are not socializing. People are fighting each other for "spots" on which hunt spawn.

Hunts are one of those mindless RNG grinds "kill mob and hope something drops". There was no such thing in Neverwinter and you locked a good gear behind hunts, so people have to grind it.

You don't force them to socialize. You force them to fight each other for rare mobs. That's basically reverse of what you stated @asterdahl
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    I also think if the aim is socializing lures shall drop for every person in party. Now it's ridiculous that when I see some rare monster by chance I drop my party so everyone have equal chance.. . And hunting in party would increase the chance (let's say now there is 20% for T1, doing it with 5 = 5 seperate chances for 20%, and if someone rolls it then everybody gets it). That would encourage everyone to form parties and not drop them. People could actually form strategies and teams.

And let's just stack it..it's just inconvenient and does not help in anything. I don't really care that there might be some "Tri hard" guy who will spend whole night farming lures and stackign will allow him to get a lot more. As a casual player I want just to log in for 30-60 mins, kill some things, get some lures, log off and then after some days kill hunts using lures. Not do whole micro managing buisness with sending lures in mails.
  • parovozik86parovozik86 Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Make the trinkets stackable.

+1

About socialization and botting: revolutionary way is to make spawn areas of hunting targets (maybe only part of it) open PVP zones. So players would challenge for spawn points and botters would be an easy targets. PVP players would get a chance to earn some financial values and players would be interested to evolve charecters in a PVP way.
    But i doubt that devs can provide this in NWO...

• theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Unique makes no sense.

First, this just makes the whole process worse. I have VIP and glad, because mercy for those poor souls who have to go back to Port (or beg in Zone) every time when they get something. And if they get 2 (rarely), they often stuck spamming Zone until someone with mailbox goes there and help. I'm not a bad person, but I can't always drop the zone I'm planning to do for hours, because someone need help again.

Farming is not socialising: "Hey pal, do you want to grind with me for 4 hours? Sounds fun, doesn't it? Hey, don't run away, it gives money for someone!" Seriously, the grind for T1 lures are boring and there's no added benefit if more player do it. T1 creatures are kind of challenging, T2 sure, but majorly you just grinding for T1 lures.

Unique should mean something. Having it unique, so only 1 exists at a time (Hedetet's searing core), but needing 5-10 to acquire something else (like Baccho's giant claw) really just seems as throttling the players. And the whole thing contradicts itself, because the game lets us only have one, but somehow expects sometimes us to have 5 or more (based on luck).

Other notes:

1, Getting nothing is just plain bad.

That 25 cap at totems caps up pretty fast. Map totems and hunt totems being in the same cap category is bad, either I'm waiting to open all the maps in a week where I not hunt or accept the loss of totems.

T1 should always drop gear. For grinders, it's just plain salvage, marginal payback, but if you call in guildies who can use that certain item, it's a helping hand. Except when you are left with 2 +1 and 1 +3 ring, because RNG did not want them to have something and everyone feeling bad.

Same when T2 does not give lure (so most of the time). When you engage in a fight and the expected result is "nothing", that's demotivating. If unique lures stop being a thing, I'd be okay to see the T2 lures and +5 rings chance to double up, but needing twice the item to make those lures. It remains in the same in value, but you lose less on the RNG wheel.

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Can you make at least the "New T-Rex" Razor... stackablle ? we need one with each other trophy to make T1 lure and keep coming back to Port Nyanzaru is a pain... also it burns one of the real social interactions here that is the T-rex farming...

You see i got 4 T-Rex in a row (Saturady night i think), the first one attending someone asking for help (people was saying he as a troll and ignoring the T-Rex Warning) i went there and with more 2 other people we killed the first one and started a queue group just after seing the 2nd one, and then we got a full rotation killing 4... 2 of these guys are in my friend list now

We can make new friends hunting tought targets but i never made a friend trading lures...

Make them all stackable pls, the Rex fang is just the most annyoing case...
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I wonder if they doubled the difficulty of killing hunt marks and targets in trade for doubling the drop rate of trophies OR dropped gear, would that be fair?

I mean, it seems unrealistic and kinda unfair to force us to believe a Big Claw doesn't ALWAYS have a spare pincer or a Smilodon doesn't ALWAYS have an extra fang, but I guess we live in a world where Orcus somehow manages to hide his wand 99% of the time when he dies, so meh....

This plus stackable lures and trophies? Would that make everybody happy?