test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc in the Behind

mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
edited January 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/i73k88.png[/IMG]
The choice to force ARC to stay running as a separate application was not cool. On low end machines Neverwinter ran fine with only the client open. Those machines now struggle. Looking at ARC's growth into your finger probing that deep feels like a proctology exam in here folks. If you want to mandate that ARC launch all products, at least make the damn thing shut and relaunch. It's gotten to be cumbersome on those towers. I run an 8 core rig I use to animate and design in 3d for both engineering and animation sequencing. The fact that the idle CPU usage on the ARRAY of ARC subprograms steadily spiked this tower from >.3%(nominal) to 3%(on 8 cpu's, that's nonsense idle guys. Straight up.) drives me mad.(what the ..?!.. smh). I can support the inception product(Neverwinter). ARC is not that product. If this is soley on Perfect world, let me know so I can go bang on the right door again. Packet sniffs and traffic history is excessive access. I've been to their office and have no issue going again to present my back side for direct inspection by whichever one of them needs a peek, but you can bet your sweetness I'm getting that processing power back for everyone or droping by PWI again before dropping PWI.

Mod edited title to make it slightly more family-friendly.
Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Or you can just put the launcher directly in your taskbar, and never launch Arc again.
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    That's been removed. The launcher(GameClient.exe) will not do so any longer as was discussed a while ago. Some players that have not had a proper reinstall are still able to do so, but are also not fully patched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    The "Neverwinter" short cut I created is pointing to Neverwinter.exe. It does not bring up ARC and it runs GameClient.exe (as the only Neverwinter process running in Task Manager) after the login.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    For some time launching Neverwinter.exe would crash the client, so only GameClient.exe would work. I do see it's working from that executable now. Thanks Battlecry(plasticbat). I did not recheck that. Mod can delete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.