test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[XBOX] Swords of Chult launch issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings adventurers and welcome to Swords of Chult!

For the first week of Swords of Chult, we will be collecting bug or issue reports on Xbox One that began after the release of the latest module. Issues that were resolved but have come back after this release are also relevant but please do not report existing older issues that had not yet been fixed.

Thank you!

Comments

• ogpaulycogpaulyc Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Sword Of Chult: Merchant Princes Folly Chest ARE Bugged: https://youtu.be/7NFzJbwJNsc

Here is a video clip of 3 attempts at the chest.
    1st attempt was successful, 2nd attempt was not successful, and the third wasn't either.
    Keep in mind this was all in the matter of a 30 minute time frame. I never logged out or disconnected, just que'd right back in.
    Everyone else was able to get rewards, except for me.

*Edit Update: Has happened for the 5th time now, and has happened to GF Dr Evil
    **Edit Update #2: On the map there are 3 locations to where the chest is. The middle, the left and the right, (assuming youre facing the stairs to go up to Port Nyanzaru) The 2 chest in the middle and the left do not give rewards, only the right chest does. This has been my testing after 22 runs, and getting rewards from the right chest 4 times, and the other chest 0 times.
    Post edited by ogpaulyc on
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    ogpaulyc said:

Sword Of Chult: Merchant Princes Folly Chest ARE Bugged:

1st attempt was successful, 2nd attempt was not successful, and the third wasn't either.
    Keep in mind this was all in the matter of a 30 minute time frame. I never logged out or disconnected, just que'd right back in.

**Edit Update #2: On the map there are 3 locations to where the chest is. The middle, the left and the right, (assuming youre facing the stairs to go up to Port Nyanzaru) The 2 chest in the middle and the left do not give rewards, only the right chest does. This has been my testing after 22 runs, and getting rewards from the right chest 4 times, and the other chest 0 times.

Are you re-queuing directly from the instance/map? You should exit the area and then re-queue. This should allow you to get the chests.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    kreatyve said:

When attempting to split a stack of items while having "Show By Bag" set to "Off" it tells me my inventory is full, despite having plenty of empty bag space.

This is being looked into :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Just to add it to the list, Stone of Health is currently using 2 charges (fix incoming for PC, so I assume fix incoming for console ASAP).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • puggy2527puggy2527 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    So the inventory patch note takes me to the PC version where it must be nice to have a mouse scroll. I must say that from a console view point this is a step back as we do not have a mouse scroll to quickly go through each bag. What use to take 2 right trigger pulls to get to bag #3 and see everything in the whole bag now takes 3 trigger pulls to go to bag #4. Or 2 trigger pulls and 2+ button pushes down on the d-pad depending on the size of your bag 3. This is a lazy oversight.
    Post edited by puggy2527 on
  • morgrim66morgrim66 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    No need for feedback. Working as intended.
    Morria Grim 16,133 DC
    Morgrim Orcbane 16,530 CW
    Bloodlust Barbie 15,646 OP Tank
  • ogpaulycogpaulyc Member Posts: 32 Arc User

ogpaulyc said:

Sword Of Chult: Merchant Princes Folly Chest ARE Bugged:

Are you re-queuing directly from the instance/map? You should exit the area and then re-queue. This should allow you to get the chests.
    Yes, I am re-queuing directly from the instance/map. But how would that explain, other who stay in the instance with me, who are able to get loot. - I have done that and started to get loot.

Thank you.
  • kraze351#2728 kraze351 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    When I tried the new random public matches it put me in an FBI and would not let is vote to abandon when the first person quit out. Then everyone left and it would not load more players in. I didn't want to get a penalty for everyone quitting out of dungeon on me and no reinforcements.
    Kali Aurora
    Reckless Mortals GH 20
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User

When I tried the new random public matches it put me in an FBI and would not let is vote to abandon when the first person quit out. Then everyone left and it would not load more players in. I didn't want to get a penalty for everyone quitting out of dungeon on me and no reinforcements.

When one person leave first everyone else can leave instance without penalty. And system is quite lazy and will take time to find people -> on PC I need to go to queue window and under queue management click "request reinforcement" to get new people right away.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    The patch notes said there was to be a fixed damage weapon in trade of blades, I could not find them in there
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Setting the new "Show Bags" buttons to Off and then back to On does not work.
    Example:
    • I went into the settings, set Show Bags to Off (or No I don't remember the actual word used)
    • I looked at what it did to my bags and said "OMG I hate this"
    • Went back into settings and reverted Show Bags to On (or Yes)
    • Bags did not revert to the original view with the tabs up top for each bag.
    • I had to switch characters and come back to the toon to see the changes
    • Fix please

On a separate but related note...fire your UI designer because the new bag format is HORRENDOUS for consoles. Who thought this was a good idea? Was this tested? Does you UI designer realize that we don't have a scroll wheel on console?

I went to post something from my 7th bag in the auction house and I had to manually go down through 6 RUNIC bags to get to the 7th! That is ridiculous. Same thing when I go to a vendor. I have to move things to my 1st bag just to sell them. These bag changes are beyond stupid.
  • puggy2527puggy2527 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Guardian Fighter's Griffon's Wrath no longer has a cool down timer and is not in the patch notes to have been removed. Please respond.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I traveled to River District, joined a group and went to switch instances (all within a minute) by pressing menu button > going to group member > hovered over move to their map instance (to view timer). I found it to say I had to wait just over 28 minutes to change instance. I did not wait the normal 3ish minutes and try, I loaded to Moonstone Mask and returned to River District.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • saeri#0665 saeri Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Not a bug, but a "quality of life"/user interface feedback: I agree with the comment above that current bag UI is not practical for current controller functionality (we have to click each time to move into bag space, this UI works if there's an ability to hover/scroll...very tedious at current state). This is especially challenging for long-time players who have invested in multiple runic bags.

As a result of the refinement system and because for the bag UI change, is there a consideration to change bags from character to account bound? Bag usage has fundamentally changed (we no longer hoard bags of items to save until 2x RP events), I believe there is now an opportunity to reassess this feature.
  • davidlef#2582 davidlef Member Posts: 12 Arc User

I traveled to River District, joined a group and went to switch instances (all within a minute) by pressing menu button > going to group member > hovered over move to their map instance (to view timer). I found it to say I had to wait just over 28 minutes to change instance. I did not wait the normal 3ish minutes and try, I loaded to Moonstone Mask and returned to River District.

I and a few others in my guild noticed this as well. You also seem to trigger this wait timer when exiting from mini-dungeons, for example the temples in the patrol quests in Chult. Any time you exit something that drops you into a zone, the timer sets to a 30 minute wait. However, I am not sure it actually lasts the duration. I do not remember seeing any reference to this in the notes or when 12b was released for PC. It certainly impedes being able to jump to particular instances for things like Draconic Heralds, King of Spines, and siege events without relying on someone already there to put you in a group.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

The patch notes said there was to be a fixed damage weapon in trade of blades, I could not find them in there

It took me a very long to find them on PC as well. When you walk into the Trade of Blades, turn right. Once in the room with 3 dummies, turn left until you see the vendor leaning against the wall.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User

I have further proof of why Fangbreaker and Spell Plague dungeons need to be taken out of the Epic Dungeon Ques list.

The requirement to have 28% everfrost damage resistance to access Fangbreaker is preventing access to this tier for anyone who has not done Storm Kings Thunder yet. Even above 11k cannot access the random quue tier.

Some people choose not to do Storm Kings because quite frankly it gives people a headache to go there. I'm not saying it's boring and takes forever.. actually it is,... but that's not the headache inducing quality. The color scheme being almost nothing but White in Bryn Shander and the lighting reflecting the way it does actually physically induces eye strain which causes a headache in a lot of people. A simple fix is add some various colors here and there and either change the lighting or lose the reflectiveness of the ground.

This.

I know it isn't reporting a bug, but I want to vocally agree. My eyes hurt and it makes me a little queasy, honestly. So that everfrost thing is not going to happen.
  • bottbolliusbottbollius Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    the random skirmish queue puts me in mad wizards lair 100% of the time no matter how many times i queue or which character i use. i am starting to get tired of this since it takes so long to do, sometimes it's quicker to abandon and try again in 30 but i still get mad wizards lair, why bother.
  • finalalex#7864 finalalex Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I don't know if this bug can be addressed to game or to xbox live system, however I post it.

1) Completing the new Skirmish, Marchant Prince's Folly, with a gold result unlocks the in-game achievement.
    2) The xbox live achievement register a 100% completion

What happens:
    the achievement remains locked for many players (not everyone, however)

What should happen:
    The achievement has to pop once it reaches 100% completion (i.e. once the Skirmish is completed with a gold result)
  • obsolete1979obsolete1979 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Completing the new skirmish and getting a gold only unlocks the ingame achievement for me and not the xbox live one. Tried completing it twice and still no luck. The achievement tracker stays at 0%
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    The final boss in MSP dropped a rank 7 enchant (wicked I think). I thought this was supposed to be rank 8 only. Yes, I found the note and now wish I had recorded the boss and chests because I am wondering if both chests provided Elven gear, one did for sure that I recall, but the second one...I am not sure:

Spellplague Caverns (Master)

A piece of Elven equipment is now guaranteed from both reward chests.
    Both chests in now have a chance of granting an Ostorian ring.
    The final boss now drops a Wicked Enchantment, Rank 8; as opposed to a chance of either a Rank 5, 6 or 7. (The chance of dropping a wicked enchantment has not been reduced.)
    Post edited by sundance777 on
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Speaking of the new skirmish. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Money yes!

This is all the decision makers see when they read your post.

I agree, one chest at the end of the skirmish that is locked behind a key is lame. The money grabs get clearer and clearer with every new mod.
  • junechick0623#7500 junechick0623 Member Posts: 1 New User
    There is a massive bug in Dwarven Valley with the daily quest on Xbox One. I saw that someone posted to the PS4 forum for the same bug issue, and apparently PC had this issue back in Nov. (another player in game was telling me). Does anybody know if its being looked into, or reported yet?