test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180108a.2

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    @terramak
    bug 1: hunter ranger's carefull attack does not deal damage consistently (seems like it can proc once every 15 - 20 sec if any.... instead of once with 1 sec cooldown)
    bug 2: my tr is often unable to restealth if it does not use a power before.
    bug 3: level up reward can be claimed 50 and more times in a row
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Oppressor Capstone:
    The capstone for shatter strike states that your control powers proc a hit for 33% of weapon damage against control immune targets. In reality, every power procs the hit for 33% of weapon damage, on every tick.
  • assidisassidis Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    "Smolder and Rimefire Smolder should now properly be affected by Chilling Presence."
    it does not work.
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    drko44 said:

Genie's Gifts can now purchase currencies for the Maze Engine and Storm King's Thunder.

where? I cant find the relic vendor in those areas

I found the vendor for the Maze Engine. You have to go to the Gauntlgrym Supplier Dwarf in Mantol-Derith. I have yet to find the one for the Storm King's Thunder.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    No idea how to make text red nor do I care enough to look, but...

Single Primal assault ring, the buff bar apparently shows 2x buff.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    What is the cap for maximum fashion bag slots?
  • wizzy#0870 wizzy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Whats been done to help balance the classes who can no longer multi proc weapon enchants?

Whats been done to help balance the classes who can no longer multi proc weapon enchants?

Probably the half a pages worth of fixes will help :p
  • drko44drko44 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2018

drko44 said:

Genie's Gifts can now purchase currencies for the Maze Engine and Storm King's Thunder.

where? I cant find the relic vendor in those areas

I found the vendor for the Maze Engine. You have to go to the Gauntlgrym Supplier Dwarf in Mantol-Derith. I have yet to find the one for the Storm King's Thunder.

thanks a lot dude
    that got me thinking so i went and looked at all, its at the Reghead Tribesfolk or in the store you enter from the campaign window

edit
    the maze one is nice, gives you 10 pieces per genie gift so you are done with 3 of them
    the skt one... 10 reputation per seems quite low. we need 80 to get all boons... maybe crank that up to a 100 haha or at least 50
  • wizzy#0870 wizzy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Probably the half a pages worth of fixes will help :p
    Fixes does not necessarily mean balancing. And as some people have pointed out, some of those fixes aren't actually fixed yet.
    No new fashion with new mod?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Terrific list! Please keep it up!

It's extremely gratifying to see that the Foundry is finally getting some love. Can I request some extra assets? There are no Nasher assets available, which makes creating Blacklake District quests kind of difficult. Also, there are no Underdark assets if I recall. Another asset that's missing is the upright exhaust pipe used in stills (e.g. the ones the lizardfolk use to purify water and the redcaps use to ferment sap). I know, it's a nitpick :wink:

I also have a general Foundry question. When we create costumes, there are always four color swatches shown, but the fourth one never seems to do anything. What does it do?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • stepmania#9336 stepmania Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    fire-wizard is dead,thanks.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    #1: @terramak I don't see the fix for GF and OP shielding - the animation fix and delay reduction promised in the October Bugfix Thread. Did those not make it to Mod13, or did you miss them when compiling the patch notes?

#2: As @asterdahl said here back in July, all new rings are supposed to have two slots. However, the 12B rings in the Mysterious Merchant (eg "Ring Of The Wily") have only one slot.

Can we get those fixed?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    terramak said:

Combat and Powers, pt. 3

• Scourge Warlock
      • Brood of Hadar: All ticks of this power now properly apply Creeping Death.
      • Brutal Curse now increases Tyrannical Curse's damage debuff by 2/4/6/8/10%, in addition to Warlock Curse.
      • Creeping Death: Damage has been increased to 75% (up from 60%).
      • Critical Promise: Damage has been reduced to 4/8/12/16/20% (down from 10/20/30/40/50%), but now scales with buffs / Power.
      • Daughter's Promise: The damage dealt from this power now scales with power/buffs.
      • Dreadtheft: This power has been updated. It now ticks twice per second, lasts up to 6 seconds, and its damage per tick has been significantly increased.
      • Dreadtheft now procs weapon enchantments on every tick.
      • Fiery Bolt: The Curse-Synergy of this power should now be based off the target it hits.
      • Flames of Empowerment: This power now properly improves when buffed by Artifact Off-hand powers.
      • Immolation Spirits should now correctly deal increased damage to targets affected by Warlock's Curse.
      • Killing Curse: Damage has increased to 5/10/15/20/25% (up from 3/6/9/12/15%), and now scales with buffs / Power.
      • Killing Curse: An issue where this feat was dealing less damage than intended has been addressed.
      • Lesser Curse now keeps its tick timer when replaced. (Example: If it dealt damage 1.0 seconds ago, and a warlock re-applies it, it will deal damage 0.5 seconds from now instead of 1.5 seconds from now.)
      • Murderous Flames: The damage dealt by this power is no longer doubly reduced by level differences between the player and enemy.
      • Pillar of Power can now critically strike.
      • Pillar of Power: This now grants half of its normal buff value to allies who stand in it.
      • Power of the Nine Hells: This no longer increases Pillar of Power's buff value for allies.
      • Soul Bonding: Allies now deal 20% increased damage to targets affected by your Warlock's Curse.
      • Soul Scorch: The total damage dealt by the DoT portion of this power should now match the initial hit.
      • Tyrannical Curse now increases damage by 25%, increased from 20%.
      • Tyrannical Curse no longer has reduced effectiveness against level 73 enemies.
      • Tyrannical Curse: The damage done from this power should now correctly scale with Armor Penetration.
      • Vampiric Embrace: When consuming a Curse, this power now properly provides Temporary HP.
      • Wraith's Shadow should now correctly deal increased damage to targets affected by Warlock's Curse.
    • Scourge Warlock - Temptation Feat Update
      • Dev Note: We're hoping to make Temptation viable once more in the endgame environment. These changes, combined with the various class changes above, should hopefully get us closer to that goal.
      • Hope Stealer: Tooltip has been updated.
      • Dark Revelry: Tooltip has been updated.
      • Dark Revelry: This buff can now be refreshed while active.
      • Aura of Cruelty: Now also grants 10% Life Steal Severity.
      • Aura of Despair: Now also causes enemies to take 5% increased damage.
      • Darkness: Now causes enemies to take 10% increased damage from you.
      • Darkness: Tooltip updated to mention Harrowstorm (functionality unchanged).
      • Eldritch Momentum: This feat has been reworked and now triggers when a daily power is used.
      • Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, 3/6/9/12/15% of your stamina when a daily is used.
      • Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, combat advantage for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds.
      • Soul Bonding: Now passively grants 10% Life Steal Chance.
      • Soul Bonding: Now causes Warlock's Bargain to heal nearby allies for the full amount.
    • Scourge Warlock - Damnation Feat Update
      • Dev note: While less has changed in this tree, we hope these changes may be enough to make Damnation more viable.
      • Ghastly Commander: Damage has been increased to 3/6/9/12/15%.
      • Ghastly Commander: Lifesteal Chance has been increased to 1/2/3/4/5% (up from 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6/2.0%).
    • Trickster Rogue
      • Duelist's Flurry can now trigger weapon enhancements with each hit against the target.
      • Gloaming Cut: This power's tooltip has been updated to clarify its functionality. Functionality has not changed.
      • Impact Shot now deals approximately 20% more damage.
      • Impact Shot now calculates based on the correct amount of charges left; it had previously thought the player had fewer charges than they actually did.
      • Oppressive Damage: An issue has been fixed where the rank-up values were providing much more damage than intended. To compensate for this change, the base damage has been increased, and this power now scales with player stats.
      • Path of the Blade can now proc the Lostmauth's Vengeance effect.
      • Path of the Blade now procs weapon enchantments on the first hit only.
      • Path of the Blade now deals an extra tick of damage.
      • Path of the Blade now hits up to 5 targets, increased from 3.
      • Razor Action now has a 30' radius at rank 1, and no longer increases by 5' per rank.
      • Razor Action no longer deals Piercing damage.
      • Razor Action now scales with buffs / Power.
      • Razor Action: The artifact off-hand bonus for this power has been redesigned. It now increases Damage and Run Speed by 2% for each target hit by Razor Action.
      • Shadow of Demise: This effect now only takes into account the damage dealt by the Trickster Rogue who applied it, even when several are applied at once.
      • Shadowborn: This feat has been changed to the following effect: Whenever you enter stealth, your next encounter or daily power deals an additional 5/10/15/20/25% damage as physical damage.
      • Shadowy Opportunity now deals 10/20/30/40/50% weapon damage, down from 20/40/60/80/100%, but now scales with player stats.
      • Sly Flourish now increases enemy damage taken by 10%, rather than reducing enemy armor.
      • Smoke Bomb now procs weapon enchantments on the first hit.
      • Smoke Bomb now deals an extra tick of damage. Damage for each tick has been reduced to compensate for the extra tick.
      • Tenacious Concealment: This power now grants 20% Stealth Loss reduction and 5% Stealth Regeneration at each rank.
      • Tenacious Concealment: This power no longer grants Stealth Regeneration while taking damage.
      • Tenacious Concealment: Rank 4 of this power should now properly function.
      • Tenacious Concealment: The Artifact Off-hand bonus has been increased to 20% Stealth Loss reduction.
    Companions
    • All Companion powers that taunt should now say so in their power descriptions.
    • Certain companions had more base stats than intended, and have had their stats lowered to match other, similar quality companions.
      • This affects the following companions: Erinyes, Netherese Warlock, Werewolf
    • Companions that teleport behind enemies will no longer teleport behind the Dragon Turtle in Sea of Moving Ice.
      • This affects the following companions: Blink Dog, Mercenary, Owl, Phase Spider, Shadow Demon, Xuna
    • Flying companions now have increased speed while the player is mounted.
    • Hawk and Owl companions now more consistently engage in battle when the player is in range of the enemy.
    • Makos: The tooltip for Meteor Blast is now more accurate to the damage it deals.
    • Shadow Demon: This companion's Active Companion Bonus now respects its 30-second cooldown, and now only affects a single strike.
    • Sprites now follow the player earlier when the player moves out of range.
    • The damage of the Active Bonuses for Lightfoot Thief and Renegade Evoker has been restored.
      • These had been inadvertently lowered in the item level rescaling of Module 11b: Shroud of Souls.
      • The tooltips have been updated to make it clear the damage scales based on your level, not the companion's.
    • Zhentarim Warlock: Hellfire Eruption now correctly deals AoE damage.
    • Zhentarim Warlock: Arcane Warpings has been replaced with Arcane Boost. (This does not affect functionality.)
    Enchantments and Enhancements
    • Feytouched Enchantment: This enchantment no longer procs multiple times from the same power.
    • Transcendent Lightning Enchantment: The Lightning Burst effect can now crit.
    Mounts
    • More mount flourish animations can now be interrupted by movement.
    General
    • Dragonborn Fury: This passive racial power now has a smaller refresh time, so that when new gear is equipped, the power will update sooner with the updated stats applied.
    • Moon Elf, Half Elf, and Half Orc racial powers now have unique icons.
    • PvP: Health potion pickups no longer become unusable for the rest of the match if a stealthed rogue runs over them.
    • Several control powers have been adjusted to properly respect control resistances.
    • Versatile Defense (Human): This passive racial power now has a smaller refresh time, so that when new gear is equipped, the power will update sooner with the updated stats applied.
    thanks for destroying tenacious concealment for tr.

also can you fix the bug where "impossible to catch" bugs and just goes on cooldown without buffing if it is cast during a shift movement.
    (critical)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    pilar of power still dealt same base damage or was increased ? and radious pilar of power enlarge or still use for selfbuff ? why others clases dps have encounters AoE and sw not ?. Whit this changes suppos damnlocks use vampiric embrance or wrath of shadow on bosess for stak investure souls at max ?
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Non-stacking WoL. Again, not surprising, I had also expected this, and it affects ACs slightly more than DOS, as ACs typically have higher Power.
    I tend to agree with you. If I understand that correctly, it means that no DO is going to include WoL in a build because usually an AC has a higher power stat.
    Indirectly they nerfed as well:
    - the bonding runestones utility
    - the weapon enchantments scaling with power
    - the SW new buffs scaling with power.

Anyhow i believe that the 2 DCs "meta" is not completely dead despite the nerf (to be tested against other options): (HG+FF) + (AA+BtS) are still there.
    On the other hand, I hope my SW to be useful again.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

Oppressor Capstone:
    The capstone for shatter strike states that your control powers proc a hit for 33% of weapon damage against control immune targets. In reality, every power procs the hit for 33% of weapon damage, on every tick.

Hopping this is working as intended, it would make Opressor tree viable. Just fix the text.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Rightous AC-DC spends powerebuffs +CG+ByS+FF/BtS+AP gain+encounter reset+heal+mitigationtool. DO spends TI instead of powerbuffs but HG is a great buff too.
    The class is set in stone in every meta with any gear at any time 100%.
    At moderat powerstats that AC will use HG all time, since it's far more consistent DPS/mitigation than AA, hard to overcome a 1.35 multiplier by a 30% powerbuff.
    At specific bossencounter he will rely on AA over HG, right.
    With endgear you might go towards double daily, at least a viable option as AC/DC, you might not get there, even being BIS.

The DO-DC will be viable at less gear but miss powerbuffs, a pretty awesome buffer anyway, zero gear needed.
    At higher gear that DO-DC will be the better pick as long as BoB-powerbuff will not outnumber TI (a flat 20% buff.) in terms of dps, and as long as AA is not needed for any mitigation/CC immunity effects.
    In the end one player runs several loadouts, in need of AA he can switch.
    You might run your DO/crit setup same as your powerbuffer/recovery setup according to the groups and the bossencounter in the same dungeon.
    The only difference is that 2DC might not be set in stone in one group all time. I really hope we get to that point, same as striker classes get back into content, but think we are miles away from that point though.
    Anyway I thank devs for making alternatives at least viable.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    terramak said:

Guardian Fighter

• Jagged Blades: This feat now consistently procs on all powers that target foes.
    It procs consistently, but not as the way the tooltips describes it.

Bug: Jagged Blades isn't affecting all targets Critically hit

Jagged Blades' tooltip says "When you Critically Strike a foe, they begin bleeding". This imples that as long as you score a Crit on an enemy or any number of enemies, you place Jagged Blades.

This is false, if you use a power which targets multiple enemies, and your attack Crits on all enemies, only one target recieves Jagged Blades.

In this ACT screen, you can see I scored a Crit on the pinata using Enforced Threat, but the game only placed Jagged Blades on the training dummies.

In this ACT screen, I scored a Crit on a training dummy and a pinata using Lunging Strike, but Jagged Blades was only applied to the pinata.

In this ACT screen, I score WMS Crits on pinatas and dummies, but the only one Jagged Blade DoT was applied to the pinata.

• polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    One question.

Guardian Fighter
    Jagged Blades: This feat now consistently procs on all powers that target foes.
    Mark: This power can now properly be used while swinging with Weapon Master's Strike.

WHY? marks on strike was an Iron Vanguard mechanic. Why you did it?
    no damage decrease for GF??

YOU MAY NOT UPGRADE SW BECAUSE IT NEVER WILL BE A REAL DAMAGER WITH THIS!!!
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

edited January 2018
    A buffed 750% weapondamage DOT on every target ? GF = DOT class :)
    Maybe that's due to the fact that entity powers or call them aoe idk, only proc stuff once and WMS is considered to be an aoe ? That's what other classes also suffer from, some at least.
    Did you know that you can apply Jagged Blades on different target at once using some At wills?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

A buffed 750% weapondamage DOT on every target ? GF = DOT class :)

Maybe that's due to the fact that entity powers or call them aoe idk, only proc stuff once and WMS is considered to be an aoe ? That's what other classes also suffer from, some at least.

Did you know that you can apply Jagged Blades on different target at once using At wills?

I didn't think the weapon enchantment proc "fix" would apply to this, so... *shrugs*

I know that you could place Jagged Blades on multiple targets if you apply At-wills to each one. But what puzzled me was the tooltip, or, rather, the unclear tooltip.

I suppose Jagged Blades procs consistently, though I do think the tooltip should be more explicit about "you can only place one Jagged Blades on target per attack you cast".

• einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    They goofed and didn't put the Soul Bonding change in the Templock section.
    Post edited by einsieg on
    @einsieg
    It is mentioned, check them again
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    CW: Icy rays isn't affected by spelltwisting on tab and sometimes neither with cooldown reductions, it lasts its 12 seconds. no address on this? u are nerfing alot, i dont see any major rework on cw except for the storm spell feature that can now crit, no damage increase to anything, rays of enfeeeblement damage is minor to even consider it an increase, is this how you plan to balance the classes? while classes like trs can stay in perma stealth or OPs have infinite temp HP, cw controls only work on adds that die in a blink and still nothing.... ok!!!!! Also i dont see a rework on the fire archon not being in range for buffs or the melee companions like con artist falling off the platform at Ras nsi while other companions dont. AND another big tooltip you have to address is the paladin's Aura Of courage, make up your mind, Right now the tooltips states it works off the paladin's HP, which would make more sense because putting myself as an example, i have the feat, but dont know how much HP the others have, i can only calculate the damage with me as a reference. And as it is right now, the feat works off the allies HP instead, either you correct the tooltip or fix it to function properly
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
This discussion has been closed.