test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Lost City of Omu Hunts

asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Lost City of Omu Hunts

Greetings adventurers, this thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the following topics:
  • Hunts in the Lost City of Omu.
  • The difficulty of Lost City hunt encounters.
  • Loot obtained from hunts in the Lost City.
Module 13: Lost City of Omu will see the addition of a new series of marks to hunt in the Lost City. Similar to hunts introduced in Module 12, you can exchange trophies you obtain from rare encounters in the Lost City for lures by speaking to hunters at Hunter's Square in Port Nyanzaru. Of course, new hunts means new loot as well, with each of the Lost City's hunt marks offering new drops.

Please keep in mind, as always: everything on preview is subject to change. There is no guarantee what you see on preview will translate directly when the module launches on the live server.

Thank you for taking the time to play on preview and provide feedback, see you in Chult!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: When I spawned the beholder mark, he fell into the lava and I was unable to attack him.

Feedback: Chitters was a lot easier than the other 1 star hunts, seems like he was doing a lot less damage to me overall.

Comments

• tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User

asterdahl said:

Make the trinkets stackable and postable on AH, thanks.

If sales were allowed on the auction house, the amount of socialization that occurs as part of the feature would be severely diminished. In addition, these items will lose their value much more quickly as engaging in the market will be easier, and at any given moment players will have access to all trophies and lures that are on sale, as opposed to the subset of those that are available at the time they check with others interested in trading. We'd like to encourage players to hunt their own marks, or to socialize with other players to make trades.

This reads like you're or whoever told you this answer is completely out of touch with the playerbase and game in general. I've both farmed and traded/bought lures over the last several months in order to farm for chances at +5 rings. I'm not entirely sure what social interaction you're imagining taking place but it isn't as glamourous or game changing as you seem to think. It involves 2 minutes with typically less then 4 words spoken between either party. There isn't some amazing conversation sparked by this encounter. There isn't a lifelong bond formed over a trade between 2 players that probably don't speak the same language.

Tell us what this is really about. You don't want to have to code the information necessary to allow us to sell these trinkets on the AH. Please don't tell me about the imagined social interactions you think I'm going to miss out on by having the convenience to buy my trinkets/lures off the AH.

This is bad game design and this is a bad explanation for it. You guys/gals are better than this.

+1

The excuse of "social interaction" that has the only result to annoy and loose players is one of the worst excuse I read on really long time. If you say "I dont care about it and I'm not bothering on changing it" is actually a better reason than the "social interaction" excuse.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Firstly, I have to join the chorus of people calling for stackable lures and trophies. Please? Pretty please?!

Secondly, I have to also agree that the current hunt system doesn't really do anything for socialization. If you want that, the best thing I can think of is to allow everyone in a party that takes down a hunt to have the same chances of personal loot drops. This would really incentivize partying up and working together to do hunts, gather things to make more lures, do higher hunts, etc. It would also make doing the top hunts less than laughably rare. And DON'T lower the drop rates either!

If nothing else, I just hope the new trophies and the monsters that drop them aren't so skewed in rarity. And would it be silly optimistic of me to hope for a similar revision for the current hunt marks and trophies?
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Last time Trinkets' uniqueness worked great aswell. "You can't buy them for AD off the AH, but using the AD to buy Marks of Potency and THEN trade for the Trinkets is totally fine." Why would the players not suffer through /trade chat anyway, right?

Make the trinkets stackable and postable on AH, thanks.

This just meant people asked 2 or 3 SMOP for 1 lure drop that means 225k AD for 1 piece of the lure .. before you have the fang (with fang could be 500k for a lure that can give nothing). if this was in the AH these exploiters and scammers will loose out ... any way only botters can have a massive amount of these items at the rate they drop one would think the idea is not to promote botting the way the current system does
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Not sure which thread to put this in, but this seems to be the most relevant.

My Weekly Haul says 100/100 and I cannot get more Lost Idols from either quests or as bonus loot (I get an error message about reaching cap), however my inventory only has 98/100 Lost Idols. As a result I cannot unlock the Hunts.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I bet it has nothing to do with socialization, it's a throttling mechanism, like the RNG on drops. It slows players down from completion.
    But instead of being blunt / truthful, and saying, "Look, we need to throttle somehow, and yet allow the very tenacious players to complete it first, it's either that or lowering the RNG even further, so we think this is the better solution"
    We have some imaginary socialization.

With the right reasons, the community can help offer solutions that will improve the experience, and will make a better game.

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Ok, 2 biggest issues that the devs haven't answered yet:

1) The lures should be stackable. It is EXTREMELY annoying when you kill a trex because you forgot to mail yourself a lure from 10 days ago.

2) The ring droprate is bad. VERY bad. I've killed multiple dozens, prolly close to 100 Sirrush and KoS hunts, I don't have the Dino slayer +5 ring. I just hope new hunts will have better drop rate than that. Because these rings are... delicious.
  • expaxiexpaxi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The new rex in the area near the Tyrant often will only follow you around like a puppy. He fails to attack.
  • lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    <font color=cyan>Hunt system is fine,
    You guys don't understand the very efficient anti bot mechanic in it. For once i'm totally with devs </font>
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

I wanted to let you know that we have heard this feedback, and it's currently not something we plan to change.

Not allowing the lures and trophies to be traded on the AH is something we can live with. After all, most people probably use the lures/trophies they get. Not allowing them to stack is just plain annoying and outright silly.

Moreover, it actually works against your "socializing" goal. If they stacked, it probably would be more common to gather a group of people for something like a T-Rex farm run. Now, there is a lot of extra hassle - people with VIP constantly summoning mailboxes for those who don't.

It's just an annoyance, for no good reason. Please be sensible, and make lures/trophies stackable.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Aye. Being able to stack lures/trophies would make people do more trophy farming because they wouldnt have to worry about how much room they got and other stuff.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Hunt system is fine,

You guys don't understand the very efficient anti bot mechanic in it. For once i'm totally with devs

Bots? Maybe I am totally missing something, but why on earth should this have any effect on bots?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Hi all,

Ring of the Spellfinger +5 (or x)

This ring is clearly done for Hunters with a bow, or spellcasters

2 Defense slot make this item useless

Need to be updated to 2 offense slot.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • silverrrrrrrsilverrrrrrr Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Musshussu's Talon is shown as being a trophy used to purchase a 1 star hunt, when it actually a 1 star hunt and the talon is used to purchase a 2 star hunt.

Leader of Heralds of Lurid Dusk

Silv3ry on YouTube

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > I wanted to let you know that we have heard this feedback, and it's currently not something we plan to change.
    >
    >
    Unbelievable. The hunts are one of the worst ideas you ever implemented. Not only are you basically saying you don't care that we don't like it....you are now adding more.

You guys are really uninterested in keeping players. Keep continuing to do mlblatant money grabs, and expanding unpopular game aspects and it won't be an issue for long.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2018
    I just wanted to respond briefly to the numerous comments regarding the stackability and unique nature of the lures and trophies. We're considering what if any adjustments we plan to make, but are not ready to say anything at this time. I just want to be clear that we're not ignoring the feedback, we do see it. Thank you for the continued feedback.
    micky1p00 said:

I bet it has nothing to do with socialization, it's a throttling mechanism, like the RNG on drops. It slows players down from completion.
    But instead of being blunt / truthful, and saying, "Look, we need to throttle somehow, and yet allow the very tenacious players to complete it first, it's either that or lowering the RNG even further, so we think this is the better solution"
    We have some imaginary socialization.

As appealing as it is to attribute an answer one doesn't like to an ulterior, unspoken motive, I assure you that if I give a direct response to a comment I'm being entirely truthful. Also, as I indicated in my original post, maintaining rarity and value for longer is another reason that trophies and lures cannot be posted on the auction house.

We try to provide a mix of solo and group content. Generally, group content tends to be instance focused, and often it can be completed without the need to socialize with anyone.

Hunts were designed to be a social feature, providing guilds and groups of friends with an opportunity to do some open world content that's not as restrictive as normal instance play. In addition, we wanted players to have the opportunity to form groups spontaneously and make new social connections in a setting that forced players to communicate and had real downtime. (Fast-paced queued content is not always the easiest place to make new connections, as there's rarely any time to talk.) This is something the design team felt was missing from the landscape pre-module 12.

During early prototyping we considered making trophies and lures completely bound to character, however, in the end because we wanted this feature to encourage social play, we decided to allow trading. It's very difficult to allow trading without allowing players to essentially sell items to one another, so we accepted that this would happen. However, again, if we allowed them to be posted on the auction house, their price would drop in value more quickly and players would never be encouraged to team up and/or farm their own trophies and lures.

If neither of these answers is satisfying, and you generally don't find hunts appealing, there are other ways to obtain comparable equipment. Do keep in mind that hunts provide very high item level equipment without necessarily requiring high individual player skill or equipment to obtain, so we do need to balance the difficulty of obtaining lures carefully.

The development team does play anonymously on our live servers, and many of us are members of public guilds. There have been members of the development team who weren't originally involved with any of the hunt design who are members of guilds that have devoted a good deal of time to running hunts together and enjoy them as a laid back social feature. It's difficult to gather telemetry about how many players are playing hunts in this way, but we are certain there are some social groups that are enjoying the feature.

Tell us what this is really about. You don't want to have to code the information necessary to allow us to sell these trinkets on the AH.

When a new item is created, it's sellable on the auction house by default. Making an item unable to be posted is a simple boolean value on the item. I can assure you, the reasons that these items are unable to be posted are the reasons I provided.

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    asterdahl said:

It's nice that you respond, even to topics that may be negative in nature. Thank you and keep it going.
    FrozenFire