test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Masterwork Professions Vol. IV & V

asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Masterwork Professions Volumes IV & V

Greetings adventurers, this thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the following topics:
  • Newly added masterwork professions quests.
  • Newly added masterwork recipes from recipe books volume IV and V.
  • Newly added materials used for recipe books volume IV and V.
  • Newly added explorer's charts.
  • Newly added equipment and items created by volume IV and V masterwork recipes.
Module 13: Lost City of Omu will see the addition of new masterwork professions recipes, quests and explorer's charts. Adventurers who meet the requirements (which involves having completed the previous quest series for any profession) will be able to obtain a new quest in their stronghold and through that series, gain access to the fourth and fifth volume of masterwork recipe books. In addition, new explorer's charts have been added which involve gathering materials in Soshenstar and the Lost City.

Please keep in mind, as always: everything on preview is subject to change. There is no guarantee what you see on preview will translate directly when the module launches on the live server. In particular, for this feature, there are some planned adjustments and known issues with some of the recipes, so please don't take the exact quantities and materials for each recipe on preview as law.

Thank you for taking the time to play on preview and provide feedback, see you in Chult!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: I can't purchase the Omu explorer chart even though I meet the indicated requirements and have sufficient guild marks.

Feedback: The recipe to make the Bronzewood bow costs too many materials, I don't think anyone will want to buy it for the price I will need to charge.

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2018

If there is a new SH weapon set for CW and it costs 3x more than other classes for some obscure reason as has been the trend for the past 2 series of masterwork gear, some tables will be flipped. Can you please be reasonable when it comes to the costing of items, it is ridiculous that the CW class is unfairly (yes unfairly) discriminated against arbitrarily when it comes to the reagents required to make these sets.

Amen to that.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    timor211 said:

Please add some space to profession bag ; inventory is already full !

I would be happy to buy more professions bag space .. I am so desperate for it
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    mynaam said:

timor211 said:

Please add some space to profession bag ; inventory is already full !

Did they not double that inventory size with mod 12?

If there is a new SH weapon set for CW and it costs 3x more than other classes for some obscure reason as has been the trend for the past 2 series of masterwork gear, some tables will be flipped. Can you please be reasonable when it comes to the costing of items, it is ridiculous that the CW class is unfairly (yes unfairly) discriminated against arbitrarily when it comes to the reagents required to make these sets.

+1
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    As long as those items are a single, extremely rare profession item, the price will be high. Make them common, but higher in quantity. So basically like lanolin/dragon moult or whatever.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    With these changes I am giving up on Masterwork.

I'm looking at what I need just for the Artificing quest.

Fartouched orb - that one requires 3 Fartouched Residuum
    Fartouched Pact Blade - that one requires 3 Fartouched residuum as well
    Brightsilver Holy Symbol - that one "only" requires 2 Fartouched Residuum.

8 Fartouched residuum (and with only a 75% success chance, you will probably require 10 or so on the average)

It's just not worth it - the items you can make with Masterwork are not good enough to justify the cost. Masterwork is dead for me.

Sorry.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited January 2018
    The stats of the new Masterwork III items are ... wrong.

See - same stats. Would be a decent item for me, but considering it is a multi-million AD process to get Masterwork III, it is not worth bothering just to get a higher IL. I am kind-of guessing that someone copy/pasted over the MW II items and just changed the name.

If the items really have significantly higher stats, then maybe, maybe MW IV is just horrendously expensive, instead of being plain worthless.
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2018

I think the price is pretty reasonable.
    (damn lol 5 people already got the bait) nice job xD

Post edited by wickedduck22#9795 on
    edited January 2018

You totally missed the point. The issue is that weapons for CWs and SWs are much more expensive to make than weapons for the other classes not just that they are expensive.
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    adinosii said:

You totally missed the point. The issue is that weapons for CWs and SWs are much more expensive to make than weapons for the other classes not just that they are expensive.

I think you totally missed the point. :)
  • lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I think ducko is just trolling sharp
    I agree with those complaining about fartouched residuum and relative weapons. CWs, SWs and DCs have a too high weapons cost compared to other classes who instead have reasonable overall prices.

Consequentially, artificing lvl IV cost is exaggerated imho.

I think, in any case, that 1 of the 3 needed objects in all new masterworks quests should be a chult crafted object for two reasons: 1. cost would be a bit cheaper and 2. it would connect more consistently stronghold crafting with chult crafting.
    I saw chult is involved with second quest but it just felt to be not enough to me.

I couldn't check the rest cause i didn't have time to unlock it
  • sniffa#1407 sniffa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Hello. wondering how you access the new masterwork recipes? Last time you could purchase them through the bazaar.

Hello. wondering how you access the new masterwork recipes? Last time you could purchase them through the bazaar.

You go to your guild, get a quest, then to Chult and talk to the right people.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    adinosii said:

You go to your guild, get a quest, then to Chult and talk to the right people.
    IF we see it as alone point of view yes is expensive. But a team of 5 poeple have it for breakfast to go farm sp-fbi or guild effort. AND i am from the guys that do it almost alone the masterwork thing.
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited January 2018

mynaam said:

I would like to see an account-wide bag for the professions.
    This +1000

As far as the new MW quest requirements are concerned the cost does indeed seem rather high. In my opinion the biggest issue is that the majority of stuff required is tied to guild marks which are arbitrarily capped. Initially GMarks were given an arbitrary cap and the things we needed GMarks for were relatively few. Nowadays the things we use GMarks for has increased dramatically and the amount we can earn has remained mostly stagnant. I would be much happier if I could just farm for GMarks for as long as I wanted, whenever I wanted, and earn GMarks at a consistent rate without some arbitrary limit to how much I can earn in any given amount of time. This was always the single most detrimental factor in my leveling of masterwork professions.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

Not sure if it is a bug or not but completing quests for lvl IV recipes doesn't start the one for lvl V. Maybe it's related to "taking credits" quest? Close to impossible to complete it since it needs new resources to craft items.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    -delete me
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I used to be irked that masterworks are locked behind GH12+ guilds, but anymore I'm grateful I'm not tempted to blow what resources I have on these boondoggles.

Good luck all.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

We're taking a look at these recipes, not only the new recipes but existing recipes that may have a significant higher cost for certain classes. I'll post an update in this thread with any adjustments.

Not sure if it is a bug or not but completing quests for lvl IV recipes doesn't start the one for lvl V. Maybe it's related to "taking credits" quest? Close to impossible to complete it since it needs new resources to craft items.

Indeed there is an intermediary quest between the volume IV and V quest. As opposed to with volumes I and II where the volume II quest had a huge number of items to create, the volume V quest involves making a single item. The quest "Taking Credit" takes the place of all the intermediary recipes that needed to be completed before the final task.

At the surface it's not significantly different in terms of the number of recipes you need to complete. However, you only need to complete "Taking Credit" once per character, meaning on your second profession the number of recipes you'll need to complete will be significantly lower. Or, if you're pursuing volume V on multiple professions at once, you can turn in recipes from either. In addition, recipes you turn in will net you Chultan trade credit, which you can exchange for extra epic masterwork tools.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    good job guys now instead of prices/ ingredients being reduced for artifacts weapons and stuff for cws to match other classes . it goes up for all classes to match cw .. now it will be "fair" for all : D
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    +1 @tiberiusrex

"was this intentional? honestly I just want to know. is this designed with the idea that anyone can jump in and be self made if they have the desire or is the ad sink only designed so whales have a chance at being more whaley? "
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

HAMSTER...

Most of us are in your boat... The general consensus is that in the early years of the game, when it was PC only, there were multiple exploits that allowed several players to attain incredible amounts of AD and Zen

Those exploits were patched, and in one case (Caturday) an actual rollback had to happen, but what we are left with is an incredibly broken and unbalanced economy in the PC version of the game where there exists a minority of the playerbase that essentially controls the economy

This affects the other versions of the game as well, apparently, as the loot droprates/binding/AD gain rates that have been altered dramatically in order to bring the PC economy hopefully back into hand seem to be tied to the droprates in the console versions of the game

Personally, I believe that the dev crew we have possess the knowledge of game economies to right the ship, eventually making awesome stuff like BiS and mastercrafting relatively easily attainable by all players willing to invest their time in those achievements, though right now we seem to be in a transitional state where certain things that might seem great are not available to all players, given the AD sinks that are having to be put into place
    asterdahl said:

At the surface it's not significantly different in terms of the number of recipes you need to complete. However, you only need to complete "Taking Credit" once per character, meaning on your second profession the number of recipes you'll need to complete will be significantly lower. Or, if you're pursuing volume V on multiple professions at once, you can turn in recipes from either. In addition, recipes you turn in will net you Chultan trade credit, which you can exchange for extra epic masterwork tools.

Sounds fair. But actually, just to clarify, "taking credits" popped up AFTER I took all other quests.
    Anyway, is it then possible to have new resources in preview bazar like residuum, manticore stuff etc? Farming them is a pain in the *** for only a testing purpose...
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    @tiberiusrex#6660
    @preechr#2215

I've started year ago so I don't know what exploits were in the past. But I strongly disagree you cannot make money in NW unless you did exploits. I used dozens of economy niches in latest months and I've earned a lot. If I were a bit more experienced and started trading I would be at better situation right now but still I've earned just several dozens mil last 2 months. I'm actually suprised when I see long time players who still don't have a lot of AD. And I'm tired of hearing "you're rich, you exploited or used rl money". I will give you simple examples (not everything works now and I'm not sharing everything):

Predit Superior enchantment price change. I bought 500 stones for 4k each. Sold them at 11k (so from 2kk I got 5kk) where the price is now around 30k ea.. so more patient people could get up to 13kk for 2kk initial investment
    Buy feeder artifact for 15-40k ea (before mod12b) and sell them for 80-140k during 2xRP. Worked for few 2xRP when I realized and I made a lot thanks to it
    Wait for glorious lockbox to drop, buy them for 60ea and sell them for 300-400 later (I usually buy up to 5000 so it's not headache)
    After this 2xdouble gems I figured out that cube of augumentation are a lot cheaper (people opened a lot of packs) and bought 1500 for 1.8-2k ea. Right now they're selling for 3k ea and if I wait to mod 13 (I also predicted new weapon sets) it's price will skyrocket too
    Hoard zen for every 40% sale. It's just free AD, buy wards, sell them, buy cheaper stuff on AH and wait few weeks. Right now you can still profit even on 15% discount cupouns due to high ward prices on AH
    You can use a lot of events like 40% sale + 2x shards + 2x guild mark +2x proffesion (+building in SH) to farm a lot of ingredients for sale. I'm too lazy for it but I heard people are making a lot through it.
    If you're not lazy as me you can also farm hunts..I see people making milions through it every week even after price drop. Any new content has potential to earn a lot thanks to people who wants something right now.
    .. the list goes on. They is so many niches and all you need is THINK.

Anyway I'm on boat that MW is just pain in the HAMSTER. I want to pursue it but as it currently stand it looks like big waste of money (well if I already had it I would profit but..). I think that it should be a lot easier to rank it up and just recipies cost should be high so only selected would craft it. People still profit from making armor kits and different things so easy to get masterwork shouldn't be issue. And ingredient for every class should be equally easy/hard to farm.. it never make any sense that difference of price for some classes were so high.