test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

12B Random Que Concern

With the release of 12b finally released on console and going through all the changes implemented, a question that came to mind amongst many in the community and my guild is, "Why aren't random queues Tiered?" "Why is there not a Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 option?" The team that you take in a T1 is vastly different from one you take in a T3. For anyone that joins a que solo this would give them foreknowledge of what they were getting into. They would know they are making a decision to go into something that could be a great experience or it could be something that they spend a hour in and not even finish it. 5 people at 11k aren't going to be able to finish FBI or MSP. Many wouldn't even attempt it at that Gear Score. However, with this decision you're throwing new people, solo and veterans in to a melting pot where they don't know where they're gonna end up and then punish them if they decide to leave. As someone who enjoys this game could you please consider updating this system so it is more enjoyable for everyone.

Comments

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I agree, I don't want to be in FBI or MSP with more than one under geared character let alone more than one. I will forego the rAD on that and just continue make groups or run other things; The Cloak Tower, here I come!

The only use I see for the random queue right now is if I have a group of 5 players and we don't care what we run, which we we do from time to time, but we would typically run all the dungeons from the bottom up until the group was maxed out, either in ability or play time. So in reality, we do care what dungeon we run, so yeah, can't even use it for that...hmm

I think it needs to have FBI/MSP separated out or included with ToNG, you can't expect to have a chance at MSP or Malabogs (whatever the lowest dungeon is) in the same group, it it too broad of a level requirement.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Our concerns have been noted and the queues will be monitored.

Even though all these concerns were brought forth before 12B went live on PC...months ago.
    Even though they had pages and pages and pages of people voicing massive concern over the groupings.
    Even though numerous players have left the game, numerous players have stated they won't participate in queues that are forced on them, numerous players have said they don't understand why FBI/MSP is in with T1/T2 dungeons.
    Even though it just makes zero sense from any vantage point to group those together.

I have a feeling I know where our concerns will get us.
  • dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Our concerns will get us no where. If you watch devs streams or listen to pod cast they always say they are listen to us but they are not. Here is the reason they are not listening to us. Listening is a skill that must be learned. Hearing is involuntary therefore the devs (hear us) but are "not" listening to us. I hear my kids argue all the time, but I am not "listening" until I hear something I don't like. In the case of the devs they only listen when they hear something they like.

I don't like RQing and I will never use it, I am not going to be forced to play content I don't want to. You might as well say RAD has been hidden behind a loot box. Lol!!!
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    These same concerns and suggestions have been raised numerous times on the PC feedback forums since 12b was in the testing phase. The devs stated they want the system to be simple and adding tiers will make it complicated. They haven't had anything to say about it at all lately, so they are sticking to their guns. I would also venture to say that breaking the dungeons into tiers would mean some tiers wouldn't be used as often, and that was the whole point. To get queues for under used content to fire.

At some point there was some comment made about how FBI and MSP will actually be considered easier as the new content comes out down the road, but I don't think they are taking new players into account on that one. It doesn't matter how difficult you make future dungeons. For a 10.8k player, ETOS is not on the same planet as FBI. It never will be.

I will do the random leveling dungeons and the random skirmish queues but that is it. I would have ditched those too, but it looks like the bonding nerf has made ETOS salvage runs a bit slower. It was a hoot to see players (myself included) hit things in ETOS, take off, and then have to come back because they assumed the mobs were dead and they were not.

Anyway, a quick scroll through the PC forums will show that this is a huge frustrations, but at this juncture the devs feel like they have explained themselves enough and are done with the discussion.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    We need to keep the comments going on this on Console feedback, or they will look at the lack of feedback and assume we are less pissed off than PC players and call that a win.

The principle reason for FBI and MSPC being in with Shores, Valindras and ETOS is because FBI and MSPC are about as popular as root canal under no anesthetic. They dont care if those dungeons are successfully completed as long as they fire more often.

The official excuse reason for not moving FBI and MSPC to a higher tier is that lumping them in with TONG might upset high level players who would want to get their entire daily allowance of Seals Of The Brave from a single run through Heroes' Accord, which is a Random Queue of ONE dungeon, namely TONG.

My 12k OP has so far hit either FBI or a T1 such as Shores or Valindras. I could probably solo the T1s but cant survive FBI in a PUG due to bonding nerfs and group composition.
    Because I wont dash off and leave low level characters behind on leveling Randoms (why should I be forced to act like an arsehole to compensate for bad design judgement?) I have yet to run a Random Leveling Dungeon that hasnt taken more than twice as long as soloing Cloak Tower twice.

I'd love for the devs to simply explain how this situation improves either the speed at which I gain Bonus RAD, or avoid burnout running the dungeons I both want to do, and which provide an adequate challenge.

Devs?

Over to you..
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    We are definitely not less pissed off than PC players. We're just distracted by other games. Especially now that NWdevs have decided that they know what we want better than we do.

This change shouldn't anger me more than the bondings or the random queues but somehow it does.

I suppose it's because I can play with lower stats if i want. I don't use the RQs and can run dungeons my own way if I want. Yeah I don't get RAD but I will not be told how to play.

But the bag change is just horrendous and I can't skirt around out by avoiding it like random queues. Needless to say, my NW time has dropped dramatically over the last few months.