test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP as DC

ebriel127ebriel127 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
From the other threads, I have seen that the DC isn’t really a viable class in PvP. But due to the seasonal event and getting a few Xbox cards for Christmas, I ended up getting a free load out for my DC. I already had a DO grind/solo and AC group buffs, so thought PvP would be a good use of the 3rd slot.
But I am clueless in PvP. I had tried Donination a few times while leveling and never really cared for it. So I am going into this basically blind. I’m a drow with ~12500 in gear. Eventually I’ll get gear specific for this load. I am thinking to try prioritizing Deflect, HP, Recovery, and AP gain for survival and to spam dailies.
I’m thinking AC/DC is the path as Anointed Armor looks necessary, using Fervor too. For Powers I was thinking Sunburst normal mode as an interrupt, BtS as a divinity stun, but I’m not sure the third. Bastion for heals? Chains for CC & dps? DG for a little of everything? Astral Shield even if they nerfed it? Geas sounds good for PvP but maybe I understand it wrong. Dailies would be AArmy plus Hallowed Ground or Divine Armor.
Anyone have advice (other than “dc sux in PvP, play a TR”)? Please let me know. Thank you.

Comments

• eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I usually stick to divine oracle as the damage bonus is passive and it outperforms the powershare from ac in pvp (no bondings and aa gets stripped pretty fast). Stack any type of heal that u can get from ur mounts. I like foresight i think its called (mainly pve so i dont use it other that pvp) and TI. Hollow ground is a must and divine armor is a good back up. I usually switch between debuff and heals depending how i wanna play. Heals is good and tanky but debuff helps ur parties damage.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Stack 15k arp, then pray the other team dont have high il pvp char or TR/GFs.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    chains cc is useless, I've never seen it provide any meaningful cc in pvp.

Daunting Light is to hard to reliably hit a pvp target (though its pretty potent when it does)

Divine Glow should always be on your bar as its a heal, a damage, a defense buff, and in divine a damage buff.

Consider empowered BTS or FF for the party buff. FF also has a slow that can be useful and hits reasonably hard.
  • chiennedeluxechiennedeluxe Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Healing support Dc:
    1) Deflect
    2) HP
    3) Power

Papa Smurf / Uncle Ben --DC
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    PVP DC is tough, all what ppl say above is corrcet.
    you need to focus on party heals and buffs (faithfull or rightuous), avoid 1:1 situations as you are uselss for it.
    the more ppl around you the more effective you are.

*DO is probably better buffer, but AC at low GS is bit more tanky.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Just some further explaination and info:
    1. 15k arp + Templar's Domain + Righteous 10% arp feat = Pierce 60% DR of your target. Post 15k arp, stack power.
    2. Stacking Deflect may not be as useful as stacking HP in most cases.
    3. Trans Feytouched and Negation (High Deflect)/Shadowclad (Low Deflect)/Elven (Shorter cc and More Stamina) are a must in order to survive in enemy group.
    4. No matter you go after tank healer build or glass cannon build, 2 GFs/TRs can immediately cc and kill u.
    5. DPS build is slightly better against CW, your nature predator and helps to clear up the node but the difficulty is higher.
    6. Geas may be helpful if your IL is low.
    7. Get a lion if you are rich.

Thats all. GL.
  • ebriel127ebriel127 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Thank you all. I haven’t tried it yet. How important is gear with tenacity? In other mmos the PvP-star was super important. How big is it here?
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @ebriel127 said:
    > Thank you all. I haven’t tried it yet. How important is gear with tenacity? In other mmos the PvP-star was super important. How big is it here?

If ur on console, on Tuesday the next mod drops and u wont need tenacity gear to be decent, if ur on pc go u dont need tenacity. Idk how much of a stat boost the pvp gear gives u over pve gear in 12b tbh tho.
  • ebriel127ebriel127 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    > @eclipseblood#1326 said:
    >
    > If ur on console, on Tuesday the next mod drops and u wont need tenacity gear to be decent, if ur on pc go u dont need tenacity. Idk how much of a stat boost the pvp gear gives u over pve gear in 12b tbh tho.

Xbox, so thanks. I’ll see what 12b brings but not stress over the gear right now. My ilv is 12500 so decent but definitely not great.