test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best mount

ebriel127ebriel127 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
So I lucked out and pulled a Glorious Resurgence Legendary pack. Now I could sell it for about 6MM AD or sit on it and sell it later probably for more. But I don’t have a legendary mount and I’m not sure when this opportunity is going to present itself again. So I’ve got it narrowed to three, but I’m not sure what is best for the end game.

Black Ice Warhorse +4000 power plus a DoT of around 12k damage over 1.5 seconds. This is the best flat stat but that’s about it.

RuneClad Manticore +1000 Power & Defense for me and +500 Power and defense to my party plus a knock back & pin ability for 1.5 seconds. Best for power share but worst for soloing.

Tenser’s disk +4000 recovery plus a 12 second self buff +10% to power, move 10% faster, +2 Str Dex Con & AC. Best power and my 2nd stat priority.

As a not my build is currently ilvl 12300. 28510 power, 6314 crit, 2280 ArPen, 9159 Recovery, 11535 defense. Usually run a buff/debuff/healer ACDC for group content.

I think the manticore is best due to the party buff. Though as I get better gear the boost from Tensers will be better for me.

Any advice?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    • A Blice Warhorse is probably the best of the investments.

However, when considering your base Power, I would sell the Legendary pack for a lot of Radiant 12s (for offensive slots)/a few Black Ice 12s (for defensive slots, used with Assassin's Covenant). The extra enchants and a +2k Power mount should give you a larger overall increase to base Power than simply getting the Blice Warhorse.
    • Runeclad Manticore is a waste of money and a legendary pack. The extra Power and Defense are unoticable for most players.
    • Tenser's Disk doesn't add to your powershare, making it mostly irrelevant for you. The +4k Recovery is not worth it on an AC setup (need max base power). The cooldown on DO abilities is rather low to begin with and you usually have more than enough Recovery to keep HG off cooldown unless you're running a DPS DO build (and even then, most fights are so short that you're usually going to have HG up 100% of the time).
    My personal suggestion would probably be to trade the Legendary pack for a War Painted Tyrannosaur for its debuff, as its debuff is quite good, and the +2000 Power/ArmPen is decent enough for an AC DC

If you can't trade for a Tyrannosaur Pack, you could get the Coastal Flail Snail (so you have dailies whenever you need them) or the Stalwart Golden Lion (if you think the other 4 people in your party have a death wish).

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    In a build, I consider the legendary mount to be the last item you invest in. If you sold it and got enchants, at least those enchants retain some value if you want to make changes later and if you change mains you can move them to the new character. Mounts are bound and permanent. Next mod they could introduce a new BIS mount. Legendary mounts are cool and gets you some wow factor with your friends but its not necessarily the best investment.

Also don't forget that mount speed is irrelevant in dungeons, Legendary mount speed may seem attractive but think about where your playing time is spent and you'll find the majority of it is spent on foot. Now if your into PVP that can be a very different discussion (you want to quickly get to caps) and would also impact which mount you want.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Bah. Unless you are very wealthy in the game, you only get a Legendary mount once in a very blue moon. Enjoy it! You have endless opportunity to upgrade enchants.

The Black Ice Warhorse is probably where I would go, although the Tyrannosaurus gives me pause.
  • archemedes#1363 archemedes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Coastal Flail Snail if you are a buff/de buff, with the trex coming in close behind. But personally enchants would be a better decision in the long wrong. Especially if you want to run end game content.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    heck even getting a couple rarer purple mounts with 3 x 5 full purple insignia bonuses might give you better bang for your buck
    and you could switch them around easily and adapt ..and also sell trade the purple insignia

and possibly upgrading / getting key missing companions and thier bonding gear

• almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    You never get wealthy by living in the moment

That's quite true and goes beyond NWO. Active investment and thinking ahead are the key!

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Take the power mount and be happy.

The new system to refine enchantment makes it fairly easily to rank enchantments and ranking them up to 12 now has higher odds.
  • ebriel127ebriel127 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I sold it for 6 mil and bought a bunch of r12s and upgraded my main companion.
    nice
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I have the legacy flail snail (+25% AP) and the black ice horse (+4k power) on my DC. For AC I use the 4k power, to boost AA. For DO I use the 4k power bc I have the daily up, before HGs cooldown is up and there is no other really useful daily.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    asterotg said:

I have the legacy flail snail (+25% AP) and the black ice horse (+4k power) on my DC. For AC I use the 4k power, to boost AA. For DO I use the 4k power bc I have the daily up, before HGs cooldown is up and there is no other really useful daily.

Sounds like you need recovery or the optimism mount power "Activating an Artifact power reduces all of your cooldowns by 35%."
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i am using stag, not the best for sure. but mount power damage is strong, even in PVP.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    putzboy78 said:

asterotg said:

Sounds like you need recovery or the optimism mount power "Activating an Artifact power reduces all of your cooldowns by 35%."

I don't know; it's hard to have too much AA. Maybe a heavy recovery build reaches a point where additional AP gain seems unnecessary, but a build that is either lower IL or more hybridized (i.e. not AC 100% of the time) won't be rocking that kind of base recovery.

For DO I can see the Armored Griffon being a nice bonus when another DC with Hastening Light isn't helping to reduce the cooldown on HG.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    asterotg said:

You can try lightning enchant, from my experience with pure/trans/unparalleled lightning, you will get your cd faster than your AP, but in most cases, getting a lesser lightning is sufficient enough.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

asterotg said:

To elaborate, if I am running as DO in a Tong run, the CD reduction provided by my group is enough, to chast perma HG...ok, in a good group.^^

I discussed with my fellow DCs, if recovery is viable for DO or AA. We decided, that the AC DC should stack power, as far as possible, to boost AA. With a DO DC, as far as it is possible to make a decision for MOD 3, we tend to see a dps build as most effective, that is, in a good group.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    asterotg said:

To elaborate, if I am running as DO in a Tong run, the CD reduction provided by my group is enough, to chast perma HG...ok, in a good group.^^

I discussed with my fellow DCs, if recovery is viable for DO or AA. We decided, that the AC DC should stack power, as far as possible, to boost AA. With a DO DC, as far as it is possible to make a decision for MOD 3, we tend to see a dps build as most effective, that is, in a good group.

This thread is about a mount. As for the DO DPS thought, please leave the damage to the classes that can actually produce damage. To often I see DO DPS go into runs and try so hard at being a DPS that they still fall behind a a MoF Buffer in damage, sad really but it is what it is.

The said, the OP sold it and benefited from the sale. It was an OK move but how many enchantments did he or she buy? 700 power per a R12 would require the player to get at minimum 6 enchantments to get the same power as a 4K mount. That is if the player had zero enchantments equipped. With most players already have R8 to get the same 4K power that player would need 10 R12 enchantments to get a similar bonus as the 4K mount. Not sure about you but, 10 enchantments at 500-700K AD each is almost the selling price of a legendary mount. That is why I made the recommendation I did above, get the 4K power mount and than use R8 enchantments. The power sharing would have gone up.

As for the OP upgrading a companion; as a DC that only impacts your IL and not your ability to power share. If you are getting critical stats needed for you build from your companion that are not power you may have gotten some benefit.

The other thing, the Legendary mount would have provided the player a 350 IL boost as well, which is not as much as going from R8 to R12 on enchantment and getting a Legendary companion, but it is still provides an increase in IL.

For a DC looking to boost their effective in group and IL the Legendary mount IMO is superior to selling it.

mounts our bound, enchants are not. Therefore enchants retain resale value while mounts are only valuable as long as they remain BIS for your build. I have over 60 mounts, obviously I don't use many of them, the ones i don't use are effectively worthless.

How would it not remain BIS? Class changes, new BIS introduced, nerf to powershare, inserted diminishing return on power. There are many ways that the mount could become effectively worthless in the near future.
    putzboy78 said:

mounts our bound, enchants are not. Therefore enchants retain resale value while mounts are only valuable as long as they remain BIS for your build. I have over 60 mounts, obviously I don't use many of them, the ones i don't use are effectively worthless.

How would it not remain BIS? Class changes, new BIS introduced, nerf to powershare, inserted diminishing return on power. There are many ways that the mount could become effectively worthless in the near future.

Even with all the changes the power mount IMO is a better investment than enchantments and here is why...

Legendary mounts are rare to get from a LB.

Enchantments are SUPER EASY to level up now. I leveled up a bunch from R8 to R12 without even trying and the cost to level the enchantment is much less than what the price of the enchantments are in the AH.

You also gain less power when swapping from a R7 or a R8 to a R12 enchantment than just taking the mount.

You lose out on mount combat power, the improved movement speed and the extra damage you take on your mount before you are knocked off your mount.

I personally would have taken the mount.

And yes you are right that the BiS build can change but since I started playing there has been and continue to be two true BiS for a DC and that is the Snail and the Power mounts and more recently the T-Rex for its debuff.

The OP would have benefited either way, selling or keeping the mount.

Enchantments are SUPER EASY to level up now. I leveled up a bunch from R8 to R12 without even trying and the cost to level the enchantment is much less than what the price of the enchantments are in the AH.

Then you can use the AD to level the enchants and have more enchants or still have your AD saved away for other upgrades.

Tenser was once BIS because it had recovery and the combat power buffed power.

Lion still remains popular for PVP because it has a CC ability, buff, and protection.

Griffon still remains popular for artificer builds.

Strider for the spead freak builds out there (and yes I've seen them, they exist for even DC which doesn't take near as much advantage of it as a TR or GWF)

So yeah there is actually 7 generation of Legendary mounts you could have gone through by now depending on your builds (I have 4 of them).

Also you can't compare legendary mount to no mount, your really only comparing to an epic mount which are very affordable these days.

At the end of the day, Legendary Mounts should always be your last investment in PVE. Enchants will always have an advantage on mounts and companions because if i want to play another character I can move the enchants to that character and if I change my stat priority/configuration I can sell my enchants on the AH and retain 90% of their value (or even better trade them).

Yes the OP is very lucky, congrats to him on getting some RNG love (only time I've gotten a legendary mount it cost me 1100+ keys) and for making the smart investment with his fortunes.

Won't like though, legendary mounts are cool.
    They are cool. I like the extra speed and using the combat power.

And yeah you are right, it would not be 4K if the OP has a 2K power mount, it would only be 2K and yes enchantments would be if the player had at least a the 2K power mount.

I just would go for the legendary as enchantments are super easy to rank now to 13. 14 get expensive but 13, are not all that bad, even getting to 11 or 12 is pretty easy.

• ebriel127ebriel127 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    As the OP, I have a +2000 recovery mount. I should purchase an epic power one, but I just haven’t yet. I’m not really spending my AD on much right now, just converting to Zen when it drops low. Waiting for a sale or good coupon to extend my VIP.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Even with all the changes the power mount IMO is a better investment than enchantments and here is why...

Legendary mounts are rare to get from a LB.

+1

I see the OP made his choice, and not a bad one. I think the extra 2000 stats you get from the legendary mount can't be replaced by anything other than another legendary mount, however. That and the combat power and extra speed, as well as IL boost, are things you only get with your *first* leg mount. They don't exist until you have one--even if it *could* be nerfed in the future, it will never be useless.
    It's useless when you buy the new BIS and that mount is just sitting in your stable.
    putzboy78 said:

It's useless when you buy the new BIS and that mount is just sitting in your stable.

My guess is that the OP does not run the latest end game dungeon to reap the benefit of selling the highly sought after items in the game such as Harper Bard, Ultimate Enchanting Stone, etc...

And most players I know are in a similar boat, even those running T9. When they do get an UES in T9 they sell it as they still need to improve their enchantments, etc...

That said, many of the players I run with have stated if they get a Legendary Box they would pick the mount they want as they know and understand the odds of winning the mount form the LB is really low.

The OP made out but one thing to remember, not only do BiS mounts change but also enchantments as well.

Soon you will probably see many DO swapping out their Azures for other enchantments once WoL is fixed.
    however enchants retain some resell value so when changes occur they are can apply their value towards that adjustment

Why would WoL not stacking influence DO's not to stack Azures. If anything it encourages stacking more crit not less. Most end game DCs are running Black Ice anyhow.

The players your running with are wrong. There is no blanket statement about what to do with a legendary box. If your at/near BIS, the mount may make sense, if your at low-mid level selling and reinvesting make sense. If your already BIS then selling to hoard AD for investment later makes sense.

You lose out when you sell your enchantment. Going from a single to a double or triple stat enchantment is also more expensive. To truly swap my enchantments over to my other classes I will take a big loss on AD. It is why I am first working on my DC and getting everything she has to R13 first and foremost. Than I will work on my other characters, no rush on my end to get all my enchantments to R14 and the cost is not worth the gains IMO.

If I did get a legendary mount it would probably go to my CW, even if I could upgrade his enchantments by selling it.
  • kindgomofthemoonkindgomofthemoon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    So Tensers disk doesn't allow for the power share? I know it does the self-buff, but I didn't realize the additional power didn't get dispersed. So if you have 40,000 power and get 4,000 additional power, you still only share your base stat of 40k, not 44k?
    So for AC DC, black ice warhorse is still considered best?

Thanks for the help!
  • chaosity#1482 chaosity Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I had to buy the legendary pack, my account doesn't seem to have the luck to get a legendary pack.
    Took the Black Ice Warhorse for the +4000 power, i'd recommend this one for every powersharing AC DC. If you have the money left or the luck, take the Tenser's disk for the mount power, then with the mount bonus that gives you stats whenever you activate it, it rocks!

Powersharing counts for base power only, not for (temporary) buffs. So not for Tenser's disk buff.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    As of Mod13, Arcane Whirlwind has been added to the Legendary pack, making it cost the same as Black Ice horse. Both grant 4k power and I personally find the Whirlwind much more appealing aesthetically.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother