test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Svardborg Marks - Is it time to unbind them?

yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
It's been nearly a year since Svardborg released, and these days most players already have relic weapons or are woefully uninterested in getting them. The amount of people who have said they just discard the marks is astounding.

Why can't you just unbind them, so these players can sell them instead of just discarding them? The rng is appalling. But anything else of a similar nature in the game can be sold.

Players with Relics/no interest can make diamonds, and those of us with interest can shorten the grind. It's a win win.

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Once a new set becomes BiS -w-
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I've been 3 marks short of going legendary on my mainhand for ages. I really have little desire to run the content until my eyes bleed for little gain. I refuse to grind the campaign to make the keys which means it costs me legendary keys. I refuse to waste legendary keys on garbage drop rates. It's a carousel that doesn't stop spinning but I am able to get off the ride.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

Once a new set becomes BiS -w-

The MW2 Stronghold Weapons are already BIS for most classes due to the way the buff on them is working (at least on PC, the bonus applies to everyone all the time, which is not how the bonus reads). Relic is close, with the rest BIS in very special cases.

I agree with the OP. Most of SKT has been washed away and seen as a mistake....just nail the coffin and let people dump the extra marks, and call it a day. That said, its probably a moot point as I'm sure there will be more things to grind in M13.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Yeah I throw those out all the time, if I even open the chest and assuming someone forces me to run that trial...dead dead dead
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Would you rather be able to sell those on the AH Sundance?
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Of course, but I am sure they would be very low in value in short order, I would be happy to just be able to give them to people that need them (so I don't have to run MSVA with them...hehe)
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I doubt the superior marks would be cheap! Lol

But yes, that's a good reason too!
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    > @yiazzy said:
    > I doubt the superior marks would be cheap! Lol
    >
    > But yes, that's a good reason too!

Considering most endgame players are discarding them I would estimate maybe 100k at first but dropping quickly because people would start actually running msva again to sell the marks and market would overflow with undercutters.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I dont think they can unbind them, the old ones anyways, they tried that with the greater ostorian rings before and end up having it changed so that the newly aquired rings were bound to account but the old rings that were gotten before were still bound to character. Might have the same issue with this as well if its an issue to change the items bound status. Can anyone else confirm if im remembering this right?
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    They can make a trade vendor for them. And in the interest of wanting people to actually run content, they can make it so only the superior marks are unbound. Though I would like to be able to sell the hundreds of blue and purple marks I have.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

I dont think they can unbind them, the old ones anyways, they tried that with the greater ostorian rings before and end up having it changed so that the newly aquired rings were bound to account but the old rings that were gotten before were still bound to character. Might have the same issue with this as well if its an issue to change the items bound status. Can anyone else confirm if im remembering this right?

The rings were most likely an economical decision and not a technical one. They either didn't want to have to figure out a way to determine if they have been equipped or not (so they only changed ones that were never equipped), or they just didn't want the market flooded.

I agree with someone above...they would start out high and crash almost immediatley...so while it would help some people catch up, its certainly not going to entice people to go do MSVA (especially when MSVA is pretty easily ruined by people who don't have a clue).
  • kraze351#2728 kraze351 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    With them taking away the hero's challenge to get the blood ruby it is going to be even harder to get marks with people not wanting to run it. There really isn't anything I want out of that dungeon and everything in chests are bound. I do get our alliance to run some from time to time to help people out. :) Oh and I know this is gonna hurt sorry but I had over 20 of each legendary and stacks of 99 of others I used during double refinement so I didn't just discard them
    Kali Aurora
    Reckless Mortals GH 20