test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

StormWarden Combat Build: Blade Storm or Seeker's Vengeance

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
My HR is a Stormwarden Combat build.

The primary personal I use is Aspect of the Pack with only 3 points invested as my offhand uses this personal.

As for a second personals I go between Blade Storm, Seeker's Vengeance, and Lone Wolf. I rarely use Lone Wolf but if I find myself dying in content than I like I will use that over the other two, which rarely happens.

What I would like to know is that should I just slot Seeker's Vengeance / Blade Storm or should I swap between them based on content? Such as using Blade Storm up to the boss and swap in Seeker's Vengeance on the boss.

Or should I forgo Aspect of the Pack and slot Blade Storm and Seeker's Vengeance?

I'm new to the HR world and still trying to figure out this class.

I tried to play as a Trapper and Archer and I do not like either build, though I do have loadouts for those builds but I like how combat plays.

Comments

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    If you like combat then I would say go for Seekers all the time, I wouldn't bother with Blade Storm. You can try Aspect Of The Serpent, so your range powers will hit harder (every tick of Thorn Ward). If you have troubles with sruvivability then go with Lone Wolf and switch to Seekers during boss fights and remember to place yourself well behind the boss.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

If you like combat then I would say go for Seekers all the time, I wouldn't bother with Blade Storm. You can try Aspect Of The Serpent, so your range powers will hit harder (every tick of Thorn Ward). If you have troubles with sruvivability then go with Lone Wolf and switch to Seekers during boss fights and remember to place yourself well behind the boss.

Thanks for your feedback. I will just go with Seeker's Vengeance than.

Do you have any recommendations for the artifact neck and waist?

Not sure what is recommend: Orcus set, Lostmauth set or Dex Belt & Duelist Cloak

I am currently using the Dex Belt and Duelist Cloak on my combat HR.

My current artifacts are Lantern of Revelation (main), Sigil of Controller, Heart of the Blue Dragon and Symbol of Water

I went all crit to help offset the critical chance loss as a combat HR.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Hey.

As for neck/belt I run with greater Dex belt and Duelist Cloak. It's BiS imho and gives us more raw damage with Disciple of Dexterity than Orcus Set (which is situational and doesn't proc some of HR powers).

As for artifacts, my choice are:

Wheel of Elem, Lantern, Lostmauth Horn (would change this one but I'm fine with it for now) and Eye of the Giant (really good stats and viable as a main artifact).

I recently upgraded Soul Sight Crystal to mythic and I'm swapping Wheel for it when fighting bosses in ToNG.

I would say that also these ones are viable for secondary artifacts (stat boosters):

Fragmented Key of Stars, Tiamat Orb (awesome stats!), Kessel Spheres, Thayan Book of the Dead, GWF Sigil (also nice as primary artifact on mobs).
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Hey.

As for neck/belt I run with greater Dex belt and Duelist Cloak. It's BiS imho and gives us more raw damage with Disciple of Dexterity than Orcus Set (which is situational and doesn't proc some of HR powers).

As for artifacts, my choice are:

Wheel of Elem, Lantern, Lostmauth Horn (would change this one but I'm fine with it for now) and Eye of the Giant (really good stats and viable as a main artifact).

I recently upgraded Soul Sight Crystal to mythic and I'm swapping Wheel for it when fighting bosses in ToNG.

I would say that also these ones are viable for secondary artifacts (stat boosters):

Fragmented Key of Stars, Tiamat Orb (awesome stats!), Kessel Spheres, Thayan Book of the Dead, GWF Sigil (also nice as primary artifact on mobs).

Thanks for sharing your input on the artifact gear for the neck and waist. I will stick with what I got than.

As for the artifacts themselves, I went with ones that had 1K Crit when mythical to help offset the crit chance lose from the Skirmishers Gambit feat. The other stats on those are fairly balanced with Power, Armor Pen, Recovery and Deflection. I use the lantern for my main as it offers a debuff, otherwise I would not even use one.