test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyrs Paladium is hiring! "The 30-70+ Year Olds Guild"

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Hello!

I'm new to Neverwinter, and so far, I've just been cruising through the Sword Coast Chronicles Campaign list... finished Ebon Downs, about to start Vellosk, and already my Wood Elf Hunter Ranger is in his mid-40s level-wise. I skipped the PvP and Tyranny of Dragons entries on the list. The former, I'm not really the PvP type, and the latter initially was just a ball of confusion... But on Sunday, I learned of dungeons and Harper "dailies", and ToD makes a little more sense now...

In my first Dungeon, the other two PUG members took off without me. I'd never been in there before and I spent the whole time just running after them (somehow they ran faster than I could) leaving me to solo assorted mobs that I couldn't run away from along the way... I managed to catch up (they had to wait a while, LOL), but when the final boss came up, he was dead before I got more than 2-3 arrows off. That was an unsatisfactory experience. Almost put me off Neverwinter entirely... Especially, when I learned this game expects its players to run a dungeon (at least) daily.

But the next day, my Dungeon run was much better, two strangers and I went through at a decent pace, and it was good fun. I tried to converse with those two, make friends, but they were the silent type apparently. No response.

I'd like to join a Guild more like the latter in speed, but friendlier. When I solo campaign missions, I like to explore behind things. When the glittery path is sparkling down to the right, but there's a hallway to the left... I'm going left. Would I expect that every time on a daily dungeon crawl? No... but zerging (nice term I learned from your site) isn't for me either.

I'm a 44yo male. I live in So Cal with my GF and Dog (no kids). I usually play daily, mostly at night, after work (Systems Analyst, by trade).

My main intent right now with the game is to go through all the "story mode" campaign stuff. I'm enjoying checking it off as I go down the list. But I would like a group of people to chat with in-game as I go. Make friends. Ask questions (some day be able to answer questions, lol). Dungeon crawl with. Beat up dragons together (got to fight Charthraxis in Neverdeath a few times now, that's fun!). That sort of thing.

Your Guild's mature, no drama, no zerging, credo I think could be a good fit for me.

I have questions:
    1. Are you recruiting?
    2. Do you pronounce Tyrs like "tears"?
    3. Do you guys require TeamSpeak (or other similar voice-chatting)? While I have a nice headset/mic, and would participate when I could, my computer is in the same room as our TV (that my GF watches), so in early evening I couldn't be talking, and in late evenings after she goes to bed (I'm the night owl), I'd have to keep it down. Mostly I'd be typing in game chat (or I suppose in TS chat). When she's out, or if I make special arrangements, I'd be able to go full voice comms... Just not regularly.
    4. What is the average airspeed of an unladen swallow?
    :)

Look forward to hearing from you. TTFN.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Howdy lordhavelock!

Thank you for the in depth look into what you are seeking. Excellent read and I believe well worth your effort as Tyrs Paladium definitely possess what you are looking for.

Answers:

1. Oh Yes.

2. Tyrs = Tears (After the D&D and Nordic god Tyr)

3. Teamspeak is NOT required, but we strongly recommended using it to listen in on guild and alliance runs. Using it just to listen is ok. When you can or wish to speak have at. All guild rules apply in Teamspeak and on our forums as well as in game so drama and pressure is non existent here. Inclusion, Teamwork and Camaraderie. That's what you find in abundance here in Tyrs.

4. LOL!! A Monty Python reference... yup you'll fit in here just fine!

There is a whole world of fun awaiting you .. just head on over to our website when you have a few minutes and fill out an application. We'll see to it that the response is as brisk as the Benny Hill theme song! http://tyrspaladium.com

Post edited by aandrethegiant on

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited September 2017
    In Honor of Labor Day in the US... Movin' on up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIjEauGiRLo

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited March 2018

Gone, But Not Forgotten.

• jenellahjenellah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Hi... My name is Jasmary ingame. I'm 45 and looking for a friendly, helpful guild that is looking for a healer. I like to have fun, make friends and am totally drama-free! I used to play DAOC and TERA but love the storyline here just can't seem to meet anyone! I play all times of day usually mon-thurs. Would like to meet someone about joining. Also... I need some help! LOL Thank you!
    edited March 2018
    Your days of meeting noone are over Jasmary !

Between Tyrs Paladium and our alliance consisting of Guild Medieval and Neverwinter SOLO and Warriors of Light and the Last Watch and Refuge of the Lone Wolves and Cult of the Disciples of Tiamat.... you will be making many good friends and receiving all the help you could ever want very soon!!! :)

Please fill out an application on our website!! :)tyrspaladium.shivtr.com

• crystalai#3187 crystalai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello!

I'm Crystalai and I'm 31 years old with a job in the depths of retail and 2 cat children. The thought of posting to a guild thread with the knowledge that guild space is fairly small makes me a little nervous, but here I go.

I have a scourge warlock named Heian Duskwalker (Yay, random name generator!) that I started playing just a few weeks ago. I had no intentions to get into this game at all after downloading it and giving it a try, but now I have a hard time putting it down. I didn't even plan to get in to the warlock as much as I have and my alt-itis is having a rough time with finally having a character I can call a main after years of playing MMOS. I'm currently at level 64, but I feel like there's so much I don't quite understand and so much to learn. And so, I feel its time to venture into the guild territory and meet people now that I'm pretty certain I'll be staying for a while.

I don't aim to be the best, I just aim to have fun and collect as many things as I can during the journey. Most days I play in the evenings eastern time. But sometimes, I will play early mornings before work so that I can get dailies out of the way and crash when I get home. Yay, clopen and double shifts.

The one thing that drew me to your guild was the idea of players having a positive attitude toward the game. I began wondering if other people were playing the same game I was when I'd read comments like "This game is dying/dead." (I see people everywhere and sometimes even have to change channels to get less competition for quest mobs/items.) or came across the doomsayers for whatever update there was/is going to be.

I also like the idea of actually being able to experience things rather than racing through them. So far, I've forgone several of the dungeons (and I have no idea what skirmishes are about) since I don't know what I'm doing and the few that I've done have been with randoms who were well versed in them and I felt bad for hitting all of the traps or lagging behind because I didn't know they took a shortcut. I also tend to solo the daily quests for fear of not being much help because I might not go as fast as other people would like. Can I play the role of newbie without having to pretend I'm pro? Because that'd be pretty cool.

I don't entirely know if anything in this long-winded post here is relevant, but the first post in the thread said to post here so, I am. So, hi!
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    Hi! Uh... i've been with the guild something like a thousand years ago (I stopped playing a bit after Tiamat, when my old PC imploded, so I'm not sure what happened later, i've probably been kicked for inactivity after a while). I actually forgot about the game meanwhile.

Now I'm back, any chance I could get back in? I have a bunch of lv 60 characters and I really need to get up to date with the game! :P

This was me BTW: http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com/t4187-hello-everyone
  • danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Ha ha, I hear you crystalai, seems like you don't have to look far to find the doom & gloomers :-p Tackling your nerves has paid off, I think you'd be a great fit with Tyrs! We are recruiting, and we have a great friendly playerbase that can assist in answering your questions. If you head over to tyrspaladium.com you can fill out an application and we'll get right on it!

ryugasirius, welcome back! Yeah, unfortunately Cryptics account limit forces us to do some cleanup every so often. We also have launched a new guild website! If you could, head over to tyrspaladium.com and create an account as the site you linked is no longer in use. And if you could, fill out our new application and be sure to specify that you were previously in the guild!

Thank you!
    edited March 2018
    Well met Crystalai & Ryugasirius! Looking forward to reading your intros on tyrspaladium.com!! Welcome home Ryugasirius :)

• kalten22kalten22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello gentlemen and ladies , I'm a USMC vet been playing D&D since I was 10 years old. Remember the red blue books that came in the box with the cheesy plastic dice your dog liked to chew on? I still play D&D now an then even taught my children how to play ,they love it when I DM. I'm not very computer savvy so I don't know exactly how to make contact in game with anyone but my email is kalten22senjak@yahoo.com its a fun only email meaning game related. You all interest me because of the patriotism!! The understanding of what our people have done for us ,absolutely love it. My guild is dead only two of us seem to play and I'm not happy if I'm not part of a team. Ive been playing this game since 2011 back when I was recovering from the cancer ,I'm good now though it could be back. I'm almost 49 years old and love this game and want to hook up with like minded folks ,I don't do drama and have no aspiration to be in command I'm happy as a simple grunt :wink:
    Having just returned there are many many changes I have several characters but only one 60 from back when a 60 could do DR ....long story short I'm hunting for a online family style (doesn't have to be gingerbread and candy canes mind you...Marin corp style or military style is fine. II have many characters from level 11 to 65. Gimme a shot and lets see what happens if you think I might fit in.
  • vorena#3664 vorena Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Hiya Kalten22 o/

You sound like you found the right place! We have a lot of veterans in our guild and Tyrs Paladium is all about camaraderie and helpfulness. We have a great group of folks and I think you might make a great fit here. Head over to our site tyrspaladium.com and fill out an app for our NW chapter. I'll keep my eye out for it :)

edited March 2018
    kalten22 said:

Hello gentlemen and ladies , I'm a USMC vet been playing D&D since I was 10 years old.

Well met Kalten22. Thank you for your service! You will make many friends here in Tyrs Paladium, and in short order!

Vorena knows what she's talking about! :) I think you'll fit right in.

Howdy all!

The Tyrs Paladium guild and the Neverwinter FELLOWSHIP will be meeting tonight in our Discord with anyone in Neverwinter who would like to help us as we launch a Homes For Troops real life event. This is an amazing non profit organization that builds homes for disabled veterans.

We are gathering at 9PM EDT in our discord. Here's the link --- https://discord.gg/vMYpHD

edited March 2018
    Tyrs Paladium is Neverwinter's first guild, as ROCK STEADY and people friendly as they come.

Organized from the top to the bottom, it's our PEOPLE from all walks of life that make us who we are.

We are the premiere destination guild in Neverwinter for anyone who wants to share their time with others. Camaraderie & Teamwork are the mortar that holds the rocks together.

Special thanks to our Neverwinter guild leader Vorena, and all our awesome officers.

-- Aandre the Giant, Co Founder of Tyrs Paladium

• ruestir#9073 ruestir Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm interested in joining your guild if you're still recruiting. I have 2 characters, a HR lvl 70 (that I started almost 6 months ago) and a OP lvl 64 who'll be 70 here by the end of the week I think. I played through all of the original campaign with my HR and am currently trying to finish Sharandar, Elemental Evil and the Dragon campaigns pretty much simultaneously with him. My OP has been skipping up levels pretty fast due to doing the daily dungeons and skirmishes, which seems to break some of the beginning quests somehow and I can't proceed in some areas. Not the end of the world, just curious. At any rate, I'm just looking for fun people to run with and help other new players out with what little knowledge I've gleaned. I'm an older gamer, late 40's, who's just looking for a drama free group to game with.
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Hi ruestir, Thank you for your interest in our guild. We are still recruiting, and it sounds like you might fit right in. Head over to www.tyrspaladium.com and fill out an application. Someone will get back to you ASAP with a response.
  • kajeliskajelis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi, I'm interested in joining the guild. I just came back to Neverwinter about a week and a half ago and went ahead with a fresh start. I've been experimenting with a few different classes and right now have been maining a Drow TR and have reached Level 40 yesterday. I'm 38 years old and when i'm not working or coaching youth volleyball I relax with some gaming. I find that MMO's are more fun when you play with others and since I live in Hawaii there have been times when I find myself solo in games since my late night is many peoples early morning. I recently got my brother to check out the game and he's on the east coast, so when he isn't busy with his two infant daughters we try to game together. I had a great experience in the past when I was a part of a guild on SWToR and even though none of us play anymore many of us stay connected to this day. I enjoy the camaraderie of experiencing the different content with others and if you don't already have guildies in Hawaii then I could be the first :smile:
    Hey Kajelis o/ We are still recruiting and from the sounds of it you should fit right in. We focus on camaraderie and fun :) Hop over to tyrspaladium.com and fill out an app. We're usually pretty quick about responding. Happy New Year!

Tyrs Paladium's site has changed back to our humble abode...

Click here to fill out an application!

edited March 2018

Guild leadership, including our officers, in Tyrs Paladium's NEVERWINTER Chapter has NEVER been stronger.

Thank you for your dedication to make Tyrs Paladium THE place to play for those who value TEAMWORK, and fun and CAMARADERIE that you can remember for a lifetime.

• anhuneddanhunedd Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Just saying hello - I've put an application in today on your Shivtr site, so might just be seeing you in game shortly.
    edited February 2018

We DO IT OLD SCHOOL.

edited March 2018

... Just like the sign says! ;)

edited March 2018

Yep, we are Old School. And proud of it.

We accept all different player levels into Tyrs, from new to hardened game vets. Yet, we are quite selective who we choose. We are looking for people who want to learn, and/or want to give back to others in the guild. We seek veterans who share our style of play. We seek those that want to be part of a tight band of brothers and sisters.

Are you an old school gamer? New to Neverwinter?

Or, you may be one of the truly brave, such as active military or a Veteran. We are VERY PROUD of our military contingent that has always been among our ranks since the VERY BEGINNING. We are a VERY military friendly guild.

In Tyrs, you get to play among good people who play to have fun. The character we seek is a unique blend, you either have it, or you don't.

You want CAMARADERIE and TEAMWORK? We got it all day and night.

If you think you'd be a good fit, and you care about playing hard, having fun, but never leaving your guildie behind, hit me up in the thread, personal message, or in game.

Aandre the Giant
    TYRS PALADIUM GUILD FOUNDER
    2018 marks our 10th YEAR!!

edited May 2018
    How some guilds experience camaraderie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N5_a_NpyyE

How members of Tyrs Paladium experience camaraderie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cp6mKbRTQY

ALL TYRS PALADIUM AND NEVERWINTER FELLOWSHIP MEMBERS

Please join us for Tyrs Paladium's oldest and longest running in game event. Since 2008, this event has been running. It's our 10th year.

I'm proud that we've never, made a single political statement, we have no intention period other than remembering and honoring the men and women who died while serving in the military, on the last Monday of May. Initially an event honoring those we lost from the US military, these days we honor those lost in all countries our guildies and friends reside in. We spend time with friends and families, and all members of our ceremonies have someone in mind when they come to our events that they would like to honor. WE STAND WITH YOU.

Thank you.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them." - a US VETERAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg

edited May 2018
    We are about to embark on perhaps our greatest adventure yet. Our finest guild event.

The Folds of Honor Mission:

https://youtu.be/XxMbz2Za6ss

http://support.foldsofhonor.org/site/TR?team_id=1875&fr_id=1150&pg=team

On the 10th Anniversary of our Memorial Day in-game gatherings, the Tyrs Paladium Guild is proud to stand with the Folds of Honor and we are committed to raise money to help the Foundation realize its mission of providing educational scholarships to the children and spouses of our fallen and disabled servicemen and women.

I have stood with THOUSANDS of gamers in these ten years, who came to our gatherings to simply HONOR THEIR MOTHER, FATHER, SON & DAUGHTER. GRANDFATHER or GRANDMOTHER. FRIEND.

Right now... we are raising money to HONOR ALL THESE HEROES we gathered to remember, who gave it all.... IN THEIR NAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in their names, we are paying it forward so children who've lost a parent can have their college education TAKEN CARE OF!!!

Making a donation is easy and secure! Just click the Donate button on this page to make a donation that will be credited to our fundraising efforts. Any amount you can donate will be greatly appreciated!

Together, we can honor those heroes who stood guard over our freedoms and make a difference in the lives of their families who have sacrifice so much.

Whether your loved one was from the Americas, Canada, England, Germany, Australia, Ireland, Italy or from any other country... THIS IS FOR THEM.

Thank you for supporting Tyrs Paladium, and more importantly, the mission of the Folds of Honor Foundation!

Check out our OFFICIAL FOLDS OF HONOR PAGE and DONATE!!

http://support.foldsofhonor.org/site/TR?team_id=1875&fr_id=1150&pg=team

• joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Hi there,

After reading this thread I thought it sounded like a guild I would be interested in working with.

However, tried to sign up on your website, but the captcha never loaded - I refreshed several times and all I got was:
    Verification: reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load.

I've tried it on several browsers as well :(
    @joshrandhall Sending you a PM to see if I can help figure that out