test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon Enchantments

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
edited December 2017 in The Temple
I've been through a few DC guides now, and each has a completely different take on WEs. My fresh 70 DC is currently running with a Perfect Dread I took from an old toon. Is it optimal, or should I be looking for something else? Is Frost better in most situations?

Comments

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    IMO
    T1: Dread* (dps), Frost (debuff)
    T2: Feytouched (dps), Vorpal* (dps), Plaguefire (debuff)
    T3: Lightning (dps), Bronzewood (dps/debuff), Terror (debuff)

*Assume Dread and Vorpal at 100% crit chance
    **Those with debuff tag are judged based on debuff magnitude, uptime and the effort needed to apply/mantain their debuffs.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    So you are saying that Lightning, Bronzewood and terror are best for endgame?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I think it was formatted in a tier-list of sorts.

I am guessing Tier 1 is the top tier choices, Tier 2 is the high tier, and Tier 3 are the midtier choices.

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Also you have to think about what you want to do with your build.

examples:

Dread/Vorpal are only enchants that directly impact healing potency
    Lightning can help reduce your cooldowns for more up time on you powers
    Feytouched reduces your targets damage, so it a damage debuff on target which reduce incoming damage
    Plaguefire's uptime can depend greatly on your playing style (pure healing skills don't proc it) so it can be difficult to keep fully procd. However Plaguefire can proc Fire of the Gods if you use that feat.

So there are positives and negatives for all and your playing style/focus will determine what's right for you. At endgame you will mostly see Dread or Frost.
    edited January 2018
    OK, I misread. I was thinking in terms of dungeon tiers, which tier 3 is the hardest. My playstyle is fluid at the moment as I'm pretty new to cleric (by nature I'm a little DPSy). But I'm a long way from 100% crit, so perhaps a switch to Frost is a good idea.

For the moment I switched to T Fey. Thanks for the ideas/help!
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    i think dread is the best, but that it's biggest problem.
    many double DC runs and even other classes use dread.
    for many runs i think i will be more usefull with frost, plague fire or terror.
    Post edited by plavia on
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I run Terror for its double debuff and how it is more single target vs. multi target. In all end game content, the most important thing is taking down the boss as fast as possible and Terror debuff helps groups achieve beating bosses faster. Most end game runs typically take under 30 minutes with me as the lone DC and when running with a DO using a Dread or Fey it takes even less time.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I prefer Dread - it suits my high-crit DO pretty well. However, I also carry a Frost enchant around, just in case there is someone else in the group that also has Dread.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    And about Bronzewwod? I'm testing it and it not seems so bad.....
    edited January 2018
    I've got my frost up to "Pure" now. If I ever get my crit up I might think about going back to dread. The meta pushes power over all else, from what I"ve seen.
    unfortianetly the weapon guide from @rjc9000 doesn't include DC but the logics are pretty easy apply to DC

If your looking for heals Dread > Vorpal > everything else

If your looking for debuff Frost > Terror > plague > ( I still don't trust our ability to keep plague stacked) > Dread (very likely someone else in party has it already so it doesn't stack)> Bronze > Vorpal

If your looking to dps and your crit chance is low, Fey > Dread/Vorpal

If you looking to dps and your crit chance is high, Dread/Vorpal > Fey

So basically any enchantment besides Dread, Frost, or Fey and you are making choices based on cost/availability not necessarily performance. In those cases some sacrifice is being made but there is nothing wrong with going within your budget or experimenting.
  • nninjannoob#2956 nninjannoob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I use almost always T. Dread, T. Plague and T. Terror

Selûne | Merlin

• Strawberry Yakuza •

edited January 2018
    putzboy78 said:

unfortianetly the weapon guide from @rjc9000 doesn't include DC but the logics are pretty easy apply to DC

If your looking for heals Dread > Vorpal > everything else

If your looking for debuff Frost > Terror > plague > ( I still don't trust our ability to keep plague stacked) > Dread (very likely someone else in party has it already so it doesn't stack)> Bronze > Vorpal

If your looking to dps and your crit chance is low, Fey > Dread/Vorpal

If you looking to dps and your crit chance is high, Dread/Vorpal > Fey

So basically any enchantment besides Dread, Frost, or Fey and you are making choices based on cost/availability not necessarily performance. In those cases some sacrifice is being made but there is nothing wrong with going within your budget or experimenting.

Plague Fire is great for a CW Buffer, not so much on a DC.

As for Dread vs Terror - I lean toward giving as much to the group as possible as a support player, especially on bosses, and Terror does exactly that. I would use a dread but on my CW or HR Trapper, not on my DC.

If I wanted to be a DPS DC I would use Fey for its increase in damage, otherwise I'm running a Terror.

Frost is a great one as well; however, it does have a down time and on bosses, downtime is not a good thing, the same applies to the Bronzewood.

If the devs made Trans/Unpar lose the downtime on Frost/Bronzewood I would consider swapping over to the Bronzewood.

As for budget, Terror right now is super cheap on PS4. I think I saw a Trans going for under a million the other day. Mine is ready to rank up to Unpar but I am holding off until I get all my other enchantments up to 13.
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    So none of you use the holy?
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

So none of you use the holy?

I dislike HA because much of its benefit is potentially wasted. Sometimes you simply don't need more mitigation or healing, not to mention that the uptime on those benefits is limited by the enchantment's ICD.

The other enchantments deal more damage and/or enable the group to output more damage, which is always welcome.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

BIS ACDC would use frost. Odds are that a BIS DC with Dread is really a DO DC using a loadout and is either to cheap to swap the enchants or maintain separate artifact weapons. Easy way to check is look at the artifact bonus. If its for HF its just a DO running an AC loadout.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    putzboy78 said:

BIS ACDC would use frost. Odds are that a BIS DC with Dread is really a DO DC using a loadout and is either to cheap to swap the enchants or maintain separate artifact weapons. Easy way to check is look at the artifact bonus. If its for HF its just a DO running an AC loadout.

Or just really really lazy for anything outside of end-game content. And since before / after I help you in CN or FBI I'll be back to dailies... do I really need to swap to Frost?

XD

But yes, if we're doing Tong or multi runs of FBI then sure give me a moment...

(Secretly, every time I unslot enchants I worry I'll accidentally destroy them instead. It's just not worth the stress outside of Tong)
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    If we run premade the OP uses frost, one DC uses dread for the debuff and the other one a terror. The two other spots are for dps GF and another DD.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    adinosii said:

I prefer Dread - it suits my high-crit DO pretty well. However, I also carry a Frost enchant around, just in case there is someone else in the group that also has Dread.

I thought with the changes to debuff and buffing that the Dread now stacks. Does the dread still not stack?
  • chaosity#1482 chaosity Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Weapon enchantment depends on your goal. I've searched internet aswell finding what to be the best weapon enchantment but there are many different answers.
    -if you have a high crit dps build, go for dread or vorpal
    -if you want buffing/debuffing, go for terror, frost or plague fire
    -in a lower crit build feytouched or lightning

I use plague fire myself, very good in DO as debuffing, in AC as healing or heal/buff also good but its harder to keep the stacks up, there terror might be a better/easier option. I don't like frost or holy avenger that much because its not a steady debuff.
    I thought about changing but said, nope, nevermind. I will keep with my terror. It was the original enchantment I got at the start for my DC and I still rock it today. No reason to change it over.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I'm going to pick up a plaguefire myself. I'm beginning to see it as the most versatile next to terror for my situation but I think it looks cooler so it gets the nod. I rarely see anybody using it except the occasional paladin.
    im actually the gwf carry

Bronzewood is currently BiS as the buff damage for you is actually applied to the group as well. If the deve fix it, than Frost becomes BiS again.
    grrouper said:

Bronzewood is currently BiS as the buff damage for you is actually applied to the group as well. If the deve fix it, than Frost becomes BiS again.
    Bronzewood does not proc the buff debuff from divine glow so tell me how is that best in slot. Plague Fire is still a top choice for AC only issue i am aware of is it does not proc fire of the gods and that's a DO's job anyways. Terror is pretty useless in most groups dread is always used by another class in party rather than the DC so bad choice. I prefer lightning on trash and depending on group i might keep it at boss or switch to frost or Bronzewood on my DO. I have Dread and Fey Touch also but they tend to just stay in my inventory. Once in awhile if i see DPS is low and playing AC i have a funny DPS build that i use with Feytouched and works pretty nice.
    Bronzewood is good as the buff from the enchantment is applied to everyone and not just the DC, that 16% buff in damage is a good buff to apply to your group.

As for Terror being useless; most BiS groups I run with rarely do I see more than 2 of the 3 sword debuff companions due to DPS being selfish players and they tend to have Air Archons summoned. The debuff from the terror helps, maybe not BiS but it is better than Fey or Lighting that I see some DCs using.

Dread works if no other player is using dread. Holy Avenger is another enchantment worth considering as well but usually I see that on the Pally, so I stick with my Terror because the AC I run with uses the Frost. I could go Plague Fire but that is typically used by the GF or the CW buffers I run with. I also would equipped the Bronzewood but again, a GF I run with has that so it mostly stays in my shared bank.

I stick with the terror as most of the groups I run with I do not see that enchantments. 8% debuff in the enemies defense and damage output is ok and when I see only my DC with a debuffing companion it helps the group out. Like I said, most players I have seen from random pick up groups in T9 that are 16-18K are selfish, including Tanks and other DC. They run Air Archons and they also run Lighting or Fey enchantments throughout the full run. I can see DPS being selfish but lately it has been the support builds as well.

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    HA is not a viable support enchantment. The only consistently good thing about it is its high weapon damage bonus. Most groups that are dealing with Transcendent or Unparalleled anything are way past the point where they care about HA’s support capability.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH