test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Race customization for Role play or because Not everyone wants to be a Gecko-born

kitsu4tailkitsu4tail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
I would love to get the buffs from being a dragon born, but I really hate the way they look after seeing them so much, if we pay to unlock dragon born, moon elf, or the other Drow race. Why not have the option to look like one and be the other? Basically how we can now change the way our mounts look without giving up the best stats. Be a moon elf, but have the dragon born states, be a elf, but look like a dwarf.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Because an elf is an elf. A dwarf is a dwarf. A dragonborn is a lizard...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kitsu4tailkitsu4tail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Because an elf is an elf. A dwarf is a dwarf. A dragonborn is a lizard...

Im only talking stats, why shouldn't what you pay for be like your gear? The race itself is cosmetic.
    Tell that to any GM sitting a F2F game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Well that's the thing, I'm not going to get a pack if I dont like the way the class looks. I doubt I'm the only one, so they are loosing money, nothing to loose, everyone wins.
    And yet they have an obligation (contract) to keep things in line with the tabletop game.
    Is the refinement system part of the table top game as it is in Nw? The Zax? everything is based on DnD something like this wont hurt any contracts, that only comes up for story and monsters when you boil it down, so you cant have a snake like dragon in WoD. but we can have all kinds of mounts. End of the day It depends on the Dm/GM and thats why I put it on here. And why say no to money? you would still need to buy a change appearance as well as whatever special race you want assuming its not a basic race
    Because the stat bonuses for each race are in line with the tabletop. The bonus feats are in line with the table top. The racial abilities are in line with the tabletop.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Because you can't have your cake and eat it too? Because you're given the choice and live with the decision? Because this isn't a game where the class you choose is purely for cosmetics? Because that's the way NW was designed?

I get your desire but like it was stated, the class bonuses were probably kept in line with tabletop for legal/licensing reasons. Adding a refining system, ZAX, etc is part of making a game function like an action rpg instead of a tabletop game. Would it be nice to use racial bonuses like mount bonuses? Sure. I don't see it happening until they figure out a way to monetize it lol.

Racial bonus slots anyone? Now you can add up to 3 racial bonuses to your character. (this is a joke devs, please no)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    If Wizards of the Coast allows its licensee to have an Elf which does not look like an Elf, a Dragonborn does not look like a Dragonborn, a dwarf is tall because he has a face lift to be an half orc, etc and Cryptic thinks that makes sense, there may be a chance.

However, personally, I don't think it makes sense at all. If that is allowed, everyone in the game will be a dragonborn (with a plastic surgery for something else). The only reason that is not the case (yet) is dragonborn's look.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***