test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW in 12b pvp

2»

Comments

• khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    @obekpl
    I won't challenge what you say on TR or GF or OP we agree. But putting CW below all the rest apart from HR is wrong. Also, from the TR vs you vid u post I see that you are not wearing negation either. Not saying that it wil help a lot vs TR but aginast other classes it will; esp vs SW for example. Also...you are spellstorm. MoF can go a long way to damaging GFs with right build - that is what I use mainly.

@lordnemesis1981 @kalina311 CW "underpowered" compared to what? to the borken classes in game like TR? Sure fine, but those classes should be changed then and the soution is definitely not buffing the CW; making CW capable of more burst damage to compensate is not the way to go imo. If anyhting chilling presence is overpowered and should not be capable of increasing damage to that extent that it does. But until broken TR and GF fixed, I guess it acceptable somewhat. Unfortunately for the other classes though who have nothing even close to mildly overpowered, they will suffer from burst TR, burst GF, burst CW and perma-daze damage OP.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I always find it funny when cws complain about dying and are not stacking any health/ hitpoints at all ..cause they "should" be dps and not need it and its the devs fault blah blah

adapt or die ...ya sod has a good fix comming hopefull y

now on to the immortal pally bug
    edited November 2017

@obekpl
    I won't challenge what you say on TR or GF or OP we agree. But putting CW below all the rest apart from HR is wrong. Also, from the TR vs you vid u post I see that you are not wearing negation either. Not saying that it wil help a lot vs TR but aginast other classes it will; esp vs SW for example. Also...you are spellstorm. MoF can go a long way to damaging GFs with right build - that is what I use mainly.

@lordnemesis1981 @kalina311 CW "underpowered" compared to what? to the borken classes in game like TR? Sure fine, but those classes should be changed then and the soution is definitely not buffing the CW; making CW capable of more burst damage to compensate is not the way to go imo. If anyhting chilling presence is overpowered and should not be capable of increasing damage to that extent that it does. But until broken TR and GF fixed, I guess it acceptable somewhat. Unfortunately for the other classes though who have nothing even close to mildly overpowered, they will suffer from burst TR, burst GF, burst CW and perma-daze damage OP.

ya i was humouring the crowd when i said underpowered .. it is always compared to what .. there are there are always elite members in every class that you cant balance for .. ...the devs Cc changes stacking system are also affecting the cw underpowerment ..

before the miraage wepons were adjusted the cws did have a chance to take out high end players
    yes with cheesy entity procs ...getting behind thier defences but still .. there are stil ok as extra targets to harass the enemy or free life steal dummies...take your pick
    edited November 2017
    from my understanding the ring of seiging adds its effects as % of your dr to your total dr
    and does not add flat %dr to it ..it is not worded so well ..i dont think it is adding a flat dr % to the stat
    so if your dr is low to begin with its bonus of 30% may actually add up to next to nothing ( a percent of a percent )

A lets say you dr is 9 and you use the ring of +30% dr is you dr 9%+ 30% = 39%

B is your dr 9% + (30% of 9 your current dr =3~ ) for a total of ~12%dr

which is it ?
    if it is first example the ring is good for cw
    if it is second example the ring is not good for cw

also i think all versions were bugged except the +5 in that you had to move 4 second for it to work regardles s of type

so that to say the more dr you have the more effective it can be to you reach dr cap and providing you are moving

retesting maybe it was fixed .... cause i have a+4 one
    it was also bugged and not showing its bonus on the character sheet
  • pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Interesting to read everyones opinion on 12b pvp for CW so far . Unfortunately on console still waiting to experience it myself . I have watched alot of youtube vids from a GF POV, can't find one from CW POV . I can say from what I have watched that a GEARED TR is definitely king with a geared GF 2nd . CW from what I can tell isn't bad but if caught solo against GF its retreat or die and TR its over before it really starts . Not sure about a geared GWF , SW or HR since haven't seen those match up yet . I would hazard to say that a geared GWF that survives CW burst cc combo is in trouble . See someone keep posting that bis SW vid of guy soloing 3 players , all I can say is go watch some vids and how he does against geared players . So what I can tell from youtube and player opinion from here is that CW is playable but still would be ranked behind TR , GF , OP and most likely GWF . DC and HR and possibly SW being worse off than CW in the damage/survival department . Any feedback whether I am on mark or incorrect in my assumptions feel free to point it out .
    edited November 2017
    my main hand weapon is not the determining factor for damage maybe its 10% less but there are other ways i can get damage back back ..as well as having multiple weapon sets to suit the situation /swapping guild boons etc ...i actually use drowed for pve too so i can lazily just stand there and play with one hand ...more on this later its late here

no i should not have to break my hand having to be super evasive all the time just to survive
    or be forced to go on the pillar to get an extra rotation in due to lack of dps to take someone out even in full dps mode..and then get smashed the second it is 2 v 1

let our aoes be bigger on the nodes for anti tr measures then lol or aoe powers in general be more usefull in pvp...and be the tools we need to take out these classes/ counter or fight back since we dont have control either as much anymore ..hmm think i am on to something here

edited November 2017
    yes we want aoe powers to be more usefull for use in pvp !!!
    and some of those crummy powes and feats that no one uses that are level 60+ reworked

like frostwave for example ..a 2 second stun ( 1 sec for pvp ) when you use daily and only when a player is facing a way form you.... man those are a lot of conditions for the stats to line up to be usefull what a waste of slot and space
    or maybe rework some feats to have other utility anti class measures to counter them
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User

@obekpl

I think that you have not fight against someone that know like build his pvp toons.
    I've tryed vs Pavlost (SW ) too, in preview, both char maxed out.
    You will get killed. Not owned, you can do a good 1 vs 1, but in the end you will get killed by SW.

Regarding the underpowerd and compared to what....let me see....we have TR, ok , don't take the TR, he's in godmode position now.
    Compare to GF, kill or be killed, btw, if they do something wrong during the fight, and you will land your full rotation, you will not kill him. You ( CW ) don't do nothing wrong, is better, you will not survive.

OP....is OP....not like the TR, but we are near, immortality bug and if they want can do a pretty high burst dps with their SE ( i've see OP hit with their daily for over 100k )

Now, let's see, we have TR/GF/OP/GWF/SW/DC/CW/HR.

So remove this 3, like you suggest, becouse they are in a "good position" this mod.
    You have GWF....hehehehe....GWF.....they will be a big surprise, and when i say that you will get owned in every kind of configuration ( dps/runner/defensive ). For me, actually, even our top GWF has not understood how to max out for this module.
    The GWF that i used fight in preview was able to reach 73k power and 23k Arp, be incredible tanky and recovery HP like usual.
    CW underperforming, but i totally agree , a cw must have less dps of a GWF, problem come when the immunity frame will start.

SW....i will name Pavlost, the SW in the video. Probably the build that he's using now is the same that has tested on me in preview.
    Tested with every kind of setup here too , and one super defensive build with 52% DR, 54% of defelection and 64% of LS (!!!) but this one was just for fun.
    In the end, he win over 8 times, maybe more, always for a little, but he recover more HP of us CW, and the output dps is almost the same, in the end, you will go to campfire.

DC.....i pray....really...that DC still remaining what they are now, and not try to go for the DPS tree, pray that they will not do that path, you will see CW running away from DC DPS crying like baby.

Now, let me be more clear, every test, fight, duel , that i've performed on preview for 3 weeks was not vs pug, but vs expert pvp player that know how and what to do with their toons.

So, regarding the "underperforming vs what", what is remained...let me see.....CW.....and HR.....

VS HR....the trapper of the HR seems to be totally unaffected by the new anti cc system in actual dominion, was not so in preview, maybe that DEV has do some change to that system , but in the end they are so soft that CW can get them to campfire.

There are other class? Have i miss someone?

• khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    @pjohnny1 as u see different opinions yes. Some imo too dramatic but i get it if u spend most time in NWO on one class it can be frustrating if it is not what u expect. I play different classes - advantage is that I can keep the "player ability" (ie myself) constant between classes, something that u cannot if u compare 2 different players. Also u see weaknesses and strengths of each when changes happen. I hate this mod for many reasons, but one good thing is i thnk CW is more useful than before imo, I feel more useful in team and I can kill. When fighting these tanky burst classes liek GF or GWF important to understand when to save encounters (because they are immune to cc or defense is boosted) and start dodging and when to go in for the kill. Class like GF is MUCH easier to play against CW, that is their advantage. As soon as u land bullcharge u can use the trash combo to kill. CWs must be much more attentive and htis is tough. I would say u r close to the mark on your ranking with CW somewhere in the middle of the ranks. Debatable if GWF comes before or after; but they can run to us in no time and burst lots. But CW def not at the bottom of the food chain thank god.
    Post edited by khandran#2092 on
  • pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    @khandran#2092

Thanks for the response, player ability is difficult to quantify beween players . I play all classes except TR , but CW was my first love and probably will always be my favorite class (unless bard ever makes it into the game). I can live with middle of the road for CW as long as they have potential to kill and be productive in a match . Added bonus of knowing they unlikely to be nerfed if they are middle of the pack . Being the best class is not necessarily always a good thing because eventually the nerf bat comes along and knocks you down , SW and DC are good examples of what happens when they nerf things .

@obekpl

I think that you have not fight against someone that know like build his pvp toons.
    I've tryed vs Pavlost (SW ) too, in preview, both char maxed out.
    You will get killed. Not owned, you can do a good 1 vs 1, but in the end you will get killed by SW.

Regarding the underpowerd and compared to what....let me see....we have TR, ok , don't take the TR, he's in godmode position now.
    Compare to GF, kill or be killed, btw, if they do something wrong during the fight, and you will land your full rotation, you will not kill him. You ( CW ) don't do nothing wrong, is better, you will not survive.

OP....is OP....not like the TR, but we are near, immortality bug and if they want can do a pretty high burst dps with their SE ( i've see OP hit with their daily for over 100k )

Now, let's see, we have TR/GF/OP/GWF/SW/DC/CW/HR.

So remove this 3, like you suggest, becouse they are in a "good position" this mod.
    You have GWF....hehehehe....GWF.....they will be a big surprise, and when i say that you will get owned in every kind of configuration ( dps/runner/defensive ). For me, actually, even our top GWF has not understood how to max out for this module.
    The GWF that i used fight in preview was able to reach 73k power and 23k Arp, be incredible tanky and recovery HP like usual.
    CW underperforming, but i totally agree , a cw must have less dps of a GWF, problem come when the immunity frame will start.

SW....i will name Pavlost, the SW in the video. Probably the build that he's using now is the same that has tested on me in preview.
    Tested with every kind of setup here too , and one super defensive build with 52% DR, 54% of defelection and 64% of LS (!!!) but this one was just for fun.
    In the end, he win over 8 times, maybe more, always for a little, but he recover more HP of us CW, and the output dps is almost the same, in the end, you will go to campfire.

DC.....i pray....really...that DC still remaining what they are now, and not try to go for the DPS tree, pray that they will not do that path, you will see CW running away from DC DPS crying like baby.

Now, let me be more clear, every test, fight, duel , that i've performed on preview for 3 weeks was not vs pug, but vs expert pvp player that know how and what to do with their toons.

So, regarding the "underperforming vs what", what is remained...let me see.....CW.....and HR.....

VS HR....the trapper of the HR seems to be totally unaffected by the new anti cc system in actual dominion, was not so in preview, maybe that DEV has do some change to that system , but in the end they are so soft that CW can get them to campfire.

There are other class? Have i miss someone?

I will quote myself, because, even if the CW lose in a direct 1vs1 , that's not mean that you can't having fun with him in dominion.
    People must understand that the almost immortal super tanky CW is not possible anymore....we die....a lot....but, we kill a lot too. Is balanced under that point of view, can we get something better...we can....

Maybe that the test in preview now don't reflect anymore what i've seen in preview.

The main question, with the actualy solo que , can have you fun with your CW ?
    YES.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    kalina311 said:

@lordnemesis1981

lolz stopped doing pvp in mod 6 wtf LOLZ. umm nope there is a link my my mod 8 or 9 stats below bro . yes i recognise you as one of the top 10 cws ..
    i took a break mod 11.5 12 for a bit and i am on the 12.5 board at the moment

a cws is adaptive and should be able to switch from offensive mode to defensive mode on the fly to suit the situation and thier teams heath. without dying and changing spec at camp.. situations can change when a player gets kicked on either team and a cw needs to adapt ..or the other team was just playing you and artificially giving your team a node only to farm them

building for hit and run just lolz dude you cant run when you have to stand on the node in a premade ..
    in a lopsided match with no chance you pick your targets yes you manoeuvre if out numbered

there is no standing your ground when there are 3 semi premade player son the opposite team determined to kill you at all costs and they ignore the rules of capture to bee line twords you

also build for hit and run someone would favor an elven enchanment for more dodges cc imunity wheras i was using a negation ..i was built counting on being stun locked and rooted on a point in order to capture it

matches also favor more flow and fast movement with new cc stack changes
    also allowing you to get into a better postion to repel or ake a longer router around chasing someone and still arrive in time to save the point

with current crit changes an opening devastating barrage from the pillars with combat advantage or balacany before jumping down and engaging is quite an acceptable strategy especially if you got there fast and your team is leading holding 2 out of the nodes .. you dont always have to own 3 nodes to win

also would be using an ambush ring and a shadow clad if built for hit and run

the whole tr class is based on hit and run lol warlock too rangers too to some extent and so are gwfs lol.. and i am not invisible either

YOU TELL ME IF MY STYLE WAS ALWAYS RUNNING AWAY IN A PREMADE BRO ASK AROUND

the cleric would leave me alone on the points to hold it i did not need a baby sitter unlike other Cws .

and yes hit and run is valid if you are leading the match and need to chase down the most dangeorus members of the other team..anyways not going to sit down and explain pvp strategy at this moment

in a lost match what i am going to just stand around on the node ... the cws could not kill any other class at thier gear score for many mods you are suppport so yes you need to depoy and run around

i was never an oppressor build cause it was not a good build for solo

omg movement is not only for getting away i wrote a whole post with 12 uses for movements
    capping the nods faster catching a feeling opponent etc . ya some classes can be faster then you so what
    try to minimise it

even if other classes are faster then you what about more movement for fighting people of your own class lol

Also FYI ...with some of the best cws stats on the leader board you dont think i had a huge target painted on my back ( no choice but to be a super defensive build ) ... with people trying to gank me 2 and 3 v 1 all the time . Dont tell me i was not doing my duty distracting enemy team members and playing my role properly to force wins

and if i was not dying dont you think that would make people sometime want to klil me even more to the detriment of thier own team and make them lose the match ..is it not a valid strategy not to die or kyte enemies if you cant kill them due to class balance and not gear or powers lol

so what i play a cw hardmode on all the time for me and i like it
    I will be writing the definitive Pvp cws guide in the coming months looking forward to your input

here are some interesting pvp leadboard stats lol look at the overall and look at the cws and it is not mod 6 lol

http://i.imgur.com/jm3DDxv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QcbUIuI.jpg

I took a break because there were like 10 good pvp cws and some were in my guild and non attackable as well cws in premade matches no oppsing cw could take me out and the point would crumble when th e opposing team cleric could not heal thier repel bot over my damage ...i did not need any more damage to take out tanker non (cw or hr or warlocks ) guys ..in order to win the match and win the point

if i was constantly fighting off node and running around and not capping points i would be constantly getting vote kicked too would i not ..i think i have only had a dozen or so kicks against me in tens of thousands of matches

thanks for your reply
    to any cws that are not stacking or double stacking some movement GG

would you consider helping to put together a guide with a few of us for ps4 and xbox players as well

Well, Kalina, I have to say, you were one of the CW I had built my SW up to for one versus one went through a lot of artifacts and such, until I realized you were running a high deflect build. While I will say you were one of the toughest CW I had fought, when I was running around you did have a Cleric by your side in the Absolute/Synergy premades, "once I did finisih my build", (I rarely ran with premade, because no one in the "HAMSTER" guild I was in at the time really understood how SW worked in PvP).

I got some videos of our fights recorded, before I took my year and some change break that I can put up (I made them, because I had to "Git Good at fighting you and Absolute players" :) ).

On another note, I hope they actually have plans to make control actually mean something within this game, as that was the reason my son stopped playing on his CW and joined me in Black Desert Online. It's a class built and based around control and should remain that way out of all the others, as someone say=id SW has more control than CW and it should not be that way.

And by the way, you guys still recruiting, Warlocks?

Man, looking at that list, the same exact people are still on the leader-boards from last year, where is the new blood, lol?
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
    edited December 2017
    @gomok72 feel free to contact any officers for recruitment
    Post edited by kalina311 on
    edited December 2017
    Thx Obsydian for the video, exactly the same situation of Preview, vs SW you can fight, but in the end ==> Campfire.
    VS DC DPS ( and he is not even a FULL DPS ) ===> Campfire.
    edited December 2017
    in the 1 v 1 you stacked con and not int out of desperation i guess ... unless you tried that too ....
    you had the warlock at low health a few times perhaps if you had more hitpoints and your int at a normal level you would have got him ...not every time but a few times at least ...

maybe post this in the areas where people say warlocks are useless in pvp too ... cause they are not ....
    just not many people have end game warlocks with all boons etc
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

in the 1 v 1 you stacked con and not int out of desperation i guess ... unless you tried that too ....

Do you think that the "Tank CW" can stand against other class dps?;p i amfraid not:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8nVVDjXX0&t=1s
    edited December 2017
    umm the cws is just standing there seeing how many hits he can take without dodging ...and it is quite a few of them ...

the video clearly shows that this cws cannot be 1 rotated by that gf if he (the gf)does not have any other party buff .. if he did maybe different story ..where is the link to this build the cw one
    kalina311 said:

umm the cws is just standing there seeing how many hits he can take without dodging ...and it is quite a few of them ...

the video clearly shows that this cws cannot be 1 rotated by that gf if he (the gf)does not have any other party buff .. if he did maybe different story ..where is the link to this build the cw one

This is boring to argue with you versus your own class...:] Hard fact are- you can go "dps", but you will die, you can go "tank" but you won't be able to kill anything in this game, and yet vs good hard rotation or TR's SoD you can be killed. No point in further conversation, show us what you can do.
    edited December 2017
    since there are only a few of us talking .. I chose to point out what most would think or believe .. in order to flush out the debate and get the other side .. so the devs or someone reading this can get some balanced perspectives and not always "absolutes" pardon the pun

yes we agree The Cw is average at best at everything ..and excels in nothing in pvp and has high gear requirements to stay competitive
    unlike other classes that can just dump stats and ignore them *tr* *cough*

yes even many mods ago when cws was a weak class you could use skill to compensate and impact the match and turn the tide no more ..
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

since there are only a few of us talking .. I chose to point out what most would think or believe .. in order to flush out the debate and get the other side .. so the devs or someone reading this can get some balanced perspectives and not always "absolutes" pardon the pun

yes we agree The Cw is average at best at everything ..and excels in nothing in pvp and has high gear requirements to stay competitive
    unlike other classes that can just dump stats and ignore them *tr* *cough*

yes even many mods ago when cws was a weak class you could use skill to compensate and impact the match and turn the tide no more ..

Do like me, go full PvE until they fix that HAMSTER :D

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

little update for topic. No words on this game. i am already about to end it for good. Enjoy this short video
    (ps 1080)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fye--vMUp4&feature=youtu.be
    edited February 2018

would you fight any and all gwfs like this even if it was not saber ..he is one tough cookie never premades tho