test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: M13 Scourge Warlock Changes

Comments

• arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    @balanced#2849 A tiny revision to the Soul Bonding capstone- it might spare you a little more work later down the line buffing damage bases and the like to make the '20% more damage from allies' just a flat '20% more damage' in line with your theme of 'rewarding Temptation warlocks in solo play'. As a lot of people point out, SW is a Striker class and we are supposed to excel by doing to single and small group targets the kind of damage a CW does to large group targets. From Fury to Damnation to Temptation, we still fall short- giving Temptation a sort of 'curse buff' in their capstone couldn't hurt, considering the bonus from Fury is still ahead by 55%- not to mention, having 'snappy' damage- which means fast healing- is very important for the Temptation SW. Every drop of damage buff we can get makes those fast-cast, lower damage spells more appealing, even though they DO need base damage buffs.

(Curse Bite, Vamp. Embrace, and Killing Flames are my primary concern here:
    KF is easy to solve by making the minimum damage no more than 25% lower than the current max, but the other two just need boosted hard.

Curse Bite can be flat doubled in damage and do an amazing job at its role- low CD spamdamage that gives a fast heal for Templock, or just a button to press constantly for Fury. At my ilvl of around 10k, my Temptation SW does a base of about 7k damage with Curse bite, per target; twice that would be acceptable.

Vamp Embrace should grant its curse consume temp HP to ALL nearby allies with the COMPOUNDED SOUL feat, making it worthwhile. Its niche as a survival utility spell shouldn't be overlooked for raw damage, but rather enhanced to benefit hybrid and support playstyles.)
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Will this update allow a Temp Warlock to be considered a healer when we Q into content?

I'm asking as I built my Templock and would like to be considered a healer and not simply a DPS when I Q. Just something to considered.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > Will this update allow a Temp Warlock to be considered a healer when we Q into content?
    >
    > I'm asking as I built my Templock and would like to be considered a healer and not simply a DPS when I Q. Just something to considered.

You'll still be considered a dps.
  • xzotix#6679 xzotix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    > @jaime4312#3760 said:
    > > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > > Will this update allow a Temp Warlock to be considered a healer when we Q into content?
    > >
    > > I'm asking as I built my Templock and would like to be considered a healer and not simply a DPS when I Q. Just something to considered.
    >
    > You'll still be considered a dps.
    And still below average, it seems.
  • mumidonmumidon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Please fix the Combatant's Maneuver mount bonus. I tried to use the control encounters and daily powers of SW but they don't trigger it. So the mount bonus is unusable. I have no idea when it was broken or if it was working at all but in the bug list I didn't find any mention about that.
  • mumidonmumidon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    bellkazi said:

mumidon said:

Please fix the Combatant's Maneuver mount bonus. I tried to use the control encounters and daily powers of SW but they don't trigger it. So the mount bonus is unusable. I have no idea when it was broken or if it was working at all but in the bug list I didn't find any mention about that.

Brood of Hadar and Hadars Grasp trigger it.
    My fault. I didn't notice that CM sticks to the character for SW while for CW it sticks to a mob. So strange I didn't see it's working until switched to a mount with CM.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Tyrannical curse: No one wants to change a 20% buff from WC for a 20% debuff from TC. Is this still the way it goes?
    Lower the debuff from TC if you must, but make WC and TC stack.
  • jakkal#5309 jakkal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Ps4 SW here. Not sure if this is relevant or not but I think that travel time/ projectile speed is an issue for the scourge. Dark spiral aura and hand of blight ranged especially. Is it possible for us to know stats like that so we could compare our values to other ranged casters?

I know slow casting is an issue. Two seconds from cast to impact on soul scorch Id say. Even killing flames has trouble connecting at 25% HP.

Projectile speed and casting time are connected to the way we apply our damage. Look at deadly curse. While supremely weak, I love the way this feature functions. You hit r1 and your target is immediately damaged.

I get that powers need some sort of wind up/animation so they can be reacted to in pvp. Ugh sorry for the walls tried to keep it short.

• Soul Bonding: Allies now deal 20% increased damage to targets affected by your Warlock's Curse

Tyranny Curse will be considered as well, right?

• merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2017

Soul Bonding: Allies now deal 20% increased damage to targets affected by your Warlock's Curse

Tyranny Curse will be considered as well, right?

I believed they buffed TT and fixed its problem on lvl 73 enemies. still not enough though, we need the original 3 curse TT back to be effective. but it will be interesting to see how the other powers like KF will work without being double mitigated.
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    i wondering wich changes has been considere so far by devs and when can test in preview
  • arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    @balanced#2849 Side note- just looked it over. Scourge Warlock Weapon Damage is lower than GF. As you push these changes, buff the Weapon Damage of all SW artifacts by 35% and we'll be golden; as has been pointed out, our cast times and atwills are crappy, but if they reward much larger chunks of damage for the trouble, it all evens out without changing the 'feel' of the class.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Devs considere relase a set artifact for SW actually GF/GWF they have a set orcus wich increase secundary and primary ability scores and bonus set is good for dps. The sw not have mouch options choice set orcus or set black ice but bonus set black ice is too bad for dps (or bonus set with weapon damage will be scale with power ? lostmouth and black ice will be aviable ?)
  • Well.. the current changes are more than enough, let's not ask for "more". .
    Orcus set is pretty good .. no need for another artifact set, 2 points for charisma is not that big of deal (+2% Crits & +2% CA).
    It's true that we don't have a role but . . templocks will be required when the mod releases with the upcoming changes to DC(s) combo (as far as i know).
    All we gotta do now is to be patience
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User

Well.. the current changes are more than enough, let's not ask for "more". .
    Orcus set is pretty good .. no need for another artifact set, 2 points for charisma is not that big of deal (+2% Crits & +2% CA).
    It's true that we don't have a role but . . templocks will be required when the mod releases with the upcoming changes to DC(s) combo (as far as i know).
    All we gotta do now is to be patience

in a 16k group, the GF will deal about 30% more dmg than you, if the content is faster, they will deal more. GWF HR and TR will deal twice as much as you(maybe you'll come close to the TR in single target lol). in faster content you will be useless with similar group setup. I dont see how any of this is gonna change the current meta. ppl will find anything besides a SW to run with especially when everyone else does more dmg.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Hm, if a GWf deals 2x the dps a warlock deals, and a GF (only few are capable) deals 3-4x the damage on singel targets, what excactly will change?
    Creeping death is 75% instead 60%, your weapon damage is buffed slightly, that´s it. Warlock will not be considered as a striker in this game any more.
    If current double DC/tank setup is gonna be "fixed", and maybe AoC is nerfed a bit and maybe weapon enchants will be adjusted and maybe warlock get´s a buff on top (striker), there might be a small chance to get that class running a striker role.
    If not, the only option is a templock, due to an added 1.2 multiplier.
    You will be forced to run either a support setup or stay and pray in PE all time :)
    Waiting for the changes to come up on preview.
    edited December 2017
    bellkazi said:

If not, the only option is a templock, due to an added 1.2 multiplier.

If not, the only option is a double DC+OP+GF.
    Correct, like we have it right now, and templock will not outperform any DC no matter AC or DO by sure.

Mod 12b is one of the most boring or let´s say disappointing mods so far, since the dominance of 4 classes (DC, OP, GWF, GF) is beyond everythig I experienced before and squishy classes like Hunter, CW, TR, SW stay outside content.
    Running FBI and mSP the problem was not that obvious, due to the design of bossencounter and advantage for other classes: Hati->DOT´s, Drufi -> range dps/DOT´s, mSP 1.+3, boss -> range classes
    I know, Hunter at first, some TR and CW by sure can take the striker role in Tong, even a warlock with broken powers will do ok.
    But the current meta DC-DC-OP-GF-GWF dominates this mod. Never experienced a GWF dying first at second or third boss, it´s allways the CW>DC>Hunter>Warlock>TR in groups that are not BIS.

Armor specilisation that lead to a 15% + effectivness from DR/AC as a striker and capstone is a 30% mititagation with 30%temp HP on top. Forgot the correct numbers how that 15% is taken into account, and I am not sure if that feat is working at DR cap at all.
    Sure, it´s a melee class and needs defence mechanics...but in NWO every striker is in melee 95% of the time !!

Imo feats and powers that grant x % damage of stat y or spend x % power of stat y, like Paladins aura of courage, or HP transfered into shared power are a guarant to disbalance classes in the long run.
    Into the fray, powersharing, Aura of courage etc., some were fixed some stay a problem.
    If I get x% of my DR or arp or recovery etc. as power, that might be a small ammount in mod 5, but in mod 13 we have basestats far beyond 10k+.
    We have severe balance issues, GWF is a smaller problem. The allmighty buffs some classes run destroy balance right from the start.

A tank can be an awesome striker, outheal leaderclasses (Prism) or buff more than near all other class or roles can do (OP).
    A tank can be the best ingame striker (focus damage), a tank and a pretty good supporter at once (GF), 99% of GF´s I met run a supporter setup or deal inferior damage as a dsp GF (like my own GF).
    A striker can be a tank and top dps at once (GWF).
    A leader can be the best class in terms of mitigation, buffs and deal considerabel damage on top (DO-DC). Going solo my DO kills stuff faster than my warlock, even running no dps companion, a plaguefireenchant and a 50% critrate.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    bellkazi said:

Going solo my DO kills stuff faster than my warlock, even running no dps companion, a plaguefireenchant and a 50% critrate.

Plaguefire reduces damage DC, because fire of the gods dosn't proc (it is bug mod 12).
    Lol, just run ACt and you are right, Fire of the gods... 2% dps, 17 procs out of 560 crits.

"Going solo my DO kills stuff faster than my warlock, even running no dps companion, a plaguefireenchant and a 50% critrate... adn that fkn enchant is broken!"
  • daaaqe#8284 daaaqe Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    @"balanced#2849"

"While this isn't a complete rework (or really anything close)" "we thought Scourge Warlocks needed a small boost"

Small boost ? You gotta be kidding dude
    SW Need complete rework now, MOD13 on console is in like 5 - 6 months maybe more..
    Post edited by daaaqe#8284 on
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    @balanced#2849 Could you please add a simple change for Blades of Vanquished Armies with mod13?

Its cooldown starts after the effect ends instead of as soon as it is activated. I can't think of any other power in the game which works that way. This gives it an uncompressible cooldown which doesn't scale with recovery and can't be reduced by effects that reduce cooldowns of currently recharging powers.

It lasts 6 seconds and has a base cooldown of 10 seconds. Please increase its base cooldown, to say 16 seconds, and make its cooldown start on activation.

If I'm not mistaken, with your intended changes it's going to be an important power for mod13 warlocks.
  • tilrod2tilrod2 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    artifleur said:

@balanced#2849
    Its cooldown starts after the effect ends instead of as soon as it is activated. I can't think of any other power in the game which works that way.

There is a second one. The second Encounter is called dreadtheft. But you are right there are only a few powers with that behavior.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @balanced#2849

It is worth noting that as for mod 10 changes, Blades of Vanquished Armies is not supposed to be toggled off when stunned or dazed yet it happens, that needs to be fixed.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    tilrod2 said:

There is a second one. The second Encounter is called dreadtheft. But you are right there are only a few powers with that behavior.

Nice catch!

It is worth noting that as for mod 10 changes, Blades of Vanquished Armies is not supposed to be toggled off when stunned or dazed yet it happens, that needs to be fixed.

I didn't realize that Blades of Vanquished Armies and Dreadtheft were coded in a similar way since BoVA at least lets you use other powers at the same time.

If it can be canceled by control effects then it's even worse than I thought.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @daaaqe#8284 said:
    > @balanced#2849

>

> "While this isn't a complete rework (or really anything close)" "we thought Scourge Warlocks needed a small boost"

>

> Small boost ? You gotta be kidding dude

> SW Need complete rework now, MOD13 on console is in like 5 - 6 months maybe more..

They cant drop everything to focus on one class, they have to push out new content. Small fixes are better than nothing, besides the October bug fixes should be coming in 13 so thats gonna help up warlocks a bit. Would love a rework but i know it wont be happening soon...
This discussion has been closed.