test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update-[PC] Emergency Maintenance

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2017 in News & Announcements
Maintenance is complete!
Neverwinter on PC will undergo emergency maintenance tonight starting at 6pm PT. Maintenance is not related to game content so there are no patch notes. Expected downtime is 1.5 hours.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    What's up guys?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Probably an unpatched exploit or some such foolery. gotta fix it before the weekend starts for the devs.
    I aim to misbehave
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I'm curious too. I'd really like to play tonight :|
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    6pm on the west coast, kinda late on a friday night for them to take the shard down. Must be something half big! Typical winter event! Tomorrow will be an automated script of the ban hammer lmfao
  • bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Prime time on a Friday night - because someone really knows how to make a business profit! And keep customers happy. :D
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
    It would have been nice to know. That's kinda prime playing time for EST people. :(
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    This was pretty HAMSTER' short notice. I was taking an alliance mate through FBI - his 1st time. Got to Drufi and it just cut off at 50% health. Not nice :c
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

It would have been nice to know. That's kinda prime playing time for EST people. :(

Well for one time that tables turn around, maintenances are ALWAYS on EU prime time, it's nice for you EST guys to know what it feels :)
  • tfischer42#2826 tfischer42 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2017
    FB post - emergency maintenance, starting at 6pm PST. Est downtime of 1.5 hours.
  • lancome2015lancome2015 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    Relaxing time to see whats gonna happen ....
  • lantz720lantz720 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Do we know why for the maintance?
    agilesto said:

Well for one time that tables turn around, maintenances are ALWAYS on EU prime time, it's nice for you EST guys to know what it feels :)
    At least they let you know weekly maint is coming more than 15 minutes notice :)

--

• soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    the Hammer of Ban given to all players who play
  • simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Ok! Not just me then :tongue:

Everything ok over there?
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• scrappy#8069 scrappy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    prime playing time for whole of US on a friday night... lol nice timing with 0 notice... awesome
  • issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    Some notes about what is being done would be nice
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
    Thanks

FB post - emergency maintenance, starting at 6pm PST. Est downtime of 1.5 hours.

for letting us know...

• martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    It must be something related to some bug or exploit that makes you win big amounts of AD, only in those cases is that they do emergency patches and at this time of day. :D
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    There was in game notice. Just in time to clear a HE and got one chunk of black ice before it went dark. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User

I've seen this hashed out before bit for some reason they think Facebook is a better place to announce then their own forums. Well, I for one HATE the Book of Face and use it only when absolutely necessary. Thanks for letting us know the details. The launcher doesn't even say anything about the maintenance, I wonder what was so important they had to take it down now?

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Nothing to do with the game.

Apparently emergency hamster replacement to keep the servers running.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    Maybe someone forgot to feed the hamsters
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Are you guys replacing the server hamster in preparation for the Christmas holiday?

If so... that's a lot of hamsters you guys are replacing...

• delitusdelitus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    this is bull on a Friday night too. you dev's better give us something for our inconvenience
  • lipasgutom1lipasgutom1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    i hope drop rate change for winter festival :(
    Hey the DEV's doing there duty .....Be good.....(^..^)
  • arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    delitus said:

this is bull on a Friday night too. you dev's better give us something for our inconvenience

Lol, someone forgot to dump the entitled garbage. This probably has to do with the server lag since last patch- perhaps they had a server fail to start, or just running slow. At 1.5 hours this is more likely an emergency reboot to keep it from crashing without announcement, with a much longer downtime.

But please. HAMSTER some more about how you should be compensated for downtime in a free-to-play game.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    They say it's not related to the Event but people are getting 1,2,3rd place in events and getting 0 rewards, purple and blue mount with only 2 insignia slots? Zen gift box may be glitched too. Drop rates seem bad. This happened last year and they gave us 2 extra weeks of Winter Fest. Not sure if similar issues of what the deal is this time. I guess we'll find out. I agree bad for EST people but if they fix the problems then worth it :)
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Great community communication! Facebook/Twitter will be our first point of contact they say, nothing posted. Totally ignore the official forums, @strumslinger we miss you!

Edit: Thank you for posting it, sucks that you waited for the game to go down first.

I wish he'd come back too... so many issues he'd have been right on top of... new classes would have had their deadlines met too. I miss him also :neutral:

This discussion has been closed.