test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 12b TRICKSTER ROGUE Guide

blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
For all the stabbers out there which are looking for improvement of their performance in PvE, here is a guide which highlights all the small things which accumulate and contribute quite a lot. Feel free to share it and link it where you see fellow TR's asking for advice. I hope it helps and points out the important stuff which get overlooked usually. Happy stabbing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14lSNln4ndhqnH9J0U9q5j5led3VyZSuiT9nCn5gG8jI/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Very minor nitpicking, can you please do alignment ->justified. My OCD gets set off by the haphazard text on the right hand side of the screen.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Have you guys ever considered a War Boar for premade teams with a GF? As long as you hire a GF who knows what Tab or Enforced Threat are, the War Boar's buff is up practically 24/7.

Also, how can the authors remain stealthed if Exes need to use Encounter+Stealth to proc SOD?
    :thinking:

• araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    This is great, ty for sharing! I see so many discouraged TRs around here that I was thinking of doing this myself.

Some observations:
    • I like Cloud of Steel very very much. It keeps me hitting (and healing, and gaining stacks) even when I have to get out of the red.
    • I've never really used ITC, because I like having another easy option to proc SoD with LB instead. I should probably give it more of a chance, though. I can't remember if ITC was ever supposed to be able to proc SoD and when/how to do it.
    • For a high-level TR I've always had very low recovery, until very recently. I gather from your build that you think the Primal Boots are worth taking a loss in crit? I currently wear the Boots of the Alpha.
    • I just switched from Brutals/Azures R13 enchants to a mix of Black Ice and Gigantics and my recovery skyrocketed. On paper that seems to me to be the best mix possible even if it means taking a small hit in power and crit overall. You can compensate by swapping either a ring or a few insignias. In defense slots I have Vicious on my companion and Demonics on myself.
    Edit: Another thing that it'd put some emphasis on is having different gear for Solo vs Dungeons vs ToNG. Since most things die fast enough in solo I woudn't bother with Artificer's persuation and just use Wanderer's fortune or Protector's frienship. I only switch to AP in ToNG groups. Very high ArPen is also wasted in a lot of content so it's ok to have another ring (for instance a Brutality) or artifact to switch.
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    @thefabricant Done, thanks.

@rjc9000 Indeed a better companion than Siege Master for premade parties, never considered it tho. I am running in random party compositions and the laziness doesn't allow the switching if GF is present or not, Batiri Runt included. Thanks for mentioning it, will add it into guide.

@araxelven I personally never saw an use for Cloud of Steel in PvE, nothing special about it. When you get out of the red area first thing you want to do is get back into close range.
    When it comes to ITC, aside from CC immunity and auto-deflect, main reason to use it is because it gives high amount of Action Points and with decent recovery and CD reduction from team you can have it up very often so the power buff it provides is almost permanent as well. Another benefit is that it can be activated while you do other things.
    Action Points gain is very important for TRs so its worth it to get Primal Boots.
    We all don't have same gear so different choice of offense enchants is fine, like you said, rings and insignias allow you to get stats you didn't get with offense enchants. In defense slots Radiants are best because of AoC, still i am using Black ice enchants as emergency funds because their price is highest and if AoC gets changed to be based on OP's HP it could be the right choice in the first place.
    You have a point in your edit part, i wrote the guide with mainly TONG in mind.
  • balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Concerning 12b builds, I currently use the build from Enyo on mmo minds. http://mmominds.com/2017/10/28/enyo/
    It is nice to read and easy to understand. Great thing is that he offers two loadouts. Looking at the feats, his Exe. path differs not that much to this one here. But he uses different companions, mounts and artifacts. Anyway, having a free loudout I will try this one too. Thanks for posting.
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    balufunke said:

Concerning 12b builds, I currently use the build from Enyo on mmo minds. http://mmominds.com/2017/10/28/enyo/
    It is nice to read and easy to understand. Great thing is that he offers two loadouts. Looking at the feats, his Exe. path differs not that much to this one here. But he uses different companions, mounts and artifacts. Anyway, having a free loudout I will try this one too. Thanks for posting.

The main different between enyos builds, and others like blurs, lilias and galactic, are...the class features.

And i would never ever talk bad about someone, investing alot of time, blood and sweat for their builds.

I was also using in the past, for an long time (maybe too long), the classfeatures skillfull and invisible Infiltrator, but then the first builds came up with Invisible Infiltrator and Infiltrators Action and my first reaction was:
    "Why are they using this? I don't need Combat Advantage"

Then i realized the offhand bonus: 20 seconds 5% more damage on Rank4.....20 seconds!

And this is the reason, so many Trs are investing nowadays that much in recovery, not only to lower our cooldowns for some encounters, it is also Ap gain...Ap gain...and Ap gain (did i mentioned Ap gain?)

Blur and others mentioned it more than once, no class (maybe besides an AcDc or Sw) benfits more from their dailys, than an Tr.
    So i try to hold up the boni from both classfeatures II and IA as much and as long as possible, using high blackice enchants, Tensers and Dc Sigil.

The only thing i did, was to invest into high dark enchants in my utility slots, without, i had the feeling walking around with an snail on an floor filled with glue.

• spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Nice job!

I resurrected my TR in honor of the guide and had a good few runs with fellow guildies. T.Feytouched makes a substantial difference for sure. Being on xbox, I can't really do any proper testing but I think with Vorpal, lower level mobs died faster but the Fey gives more damage overall.

A few nitpicky comments about the guide:
    Obviously, it is meant for endgame. For those struggling as lowbies, other rotations and setups could be better in some situations. This also applies to the artifacts. It is by no means a cheap build. Not as expensive as some, perhaps, but not trivial to put together either. Primal gear makes a substantial difference and getting those rings and arm piece when you are undergeared is...challenging to say the least.

"When maxed out stats end up around 70k power, 30k crit, 10k armpen, 10k recovery and AP gain and CA close to 1.3k."
    --> Do you mean with potions; after procs or before? It's unclear how to match this statement to the screenshots at the end of the guide.

I personally find that the Jarl's Gaze and Bloodlord Visage can be quite good as head gear, sometimes better than the Guise of the Wolf and Huntsman head piece.

I don't know if it's easy to do but since rotations are so vital on tr and kinda tricky to explain in writing, it would be super helpful to noob TR's to see short vids on sh dummies or in dungeons demonstrating proper rotations. I know I have to take noob TRs in our guild to the dummies and on a run, and really talk them through what I do, for them to really get it.

I'll post again if anything else comes to mind, but good work. Comprehensive and well written. :-)
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    @spelldazer Yes, its meant for endgame. For lower geared TRs its not much different, all you really need is DC sigil as primary, mount with Artificers Persuasion and same choice of Encounters. Those things should keep the AP flowing if you keep "Daily first, then encounters" rotation.
    The maxed out stats where meant with potions and bondings up, as well as atwill hitting. Should fit my 2nd screenshot.