test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How Much AD Do You Make Per Day?

nyxillisnyxillis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Hi! I'm returning after a very long break and I'm really just wondering how much AD everybody makes per day?

Obviously this will vary between people so I would love to hear feedback from people at different gear levels.

Also what exactly do you do to make your AD? I seem to remember AD being the biggest gate to progression and I would like to get a head start on it as I get back into the swing of things.

Thanks ^,,^

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    For me, it varies a lot, because my playtime is mostly on weekends, and there is a lot of randomness involved.

As an example, yesterday I ran ToNG 4 times. I got 11 or 12 Huntsman items and some seals which I could use to buy Ostorian rings, so...around 60.000 worth of salvage.

I ran one random skirmish and one random dungeon with guildmates, so, a bit of bonus AD there.

I got a few useful, unbound drops which I hope to sell - that should give me 40.000 more

I got one really lucky drop, an UES, which I could have sold for 1.000.000 or so, but I decided to use it myself - this was the third one I got, so I could finally make my first Rank 14 bonding runestone.

I have some alts that do profession tasks non-stop. Some potential profit there.

I also bought some stuff at a low price now which I intend to sell at a significant profit later.

I got my daily VIP enchanted key - saving it for now....will open a small pile of lockboxes later and hope for a decent profit.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The only predictable source of RAD now is the RQ and the five weeklies that give RAD.

I play four toons. My DC makes like 1/3 to 1/2 of my total daily AD because the epic RQ and trial RQ queue pops much faster for a healer. And there is the role bonus. I queue up my GF when there is a tank role bonus. I do the skirmish RQ for all four toons. But I will not do the leveling dungeon RQ.

For a returning player, the leveling dungeon RQ and skirmish RQ will be your goto RAD source. If you have 8.4K iLvl, you can queue up eToS. While you don't get the bonus RAD, you can get from one to five T2 salvage pieces. And you will probably pull a few 11K players from the RQ to make the run fairly fast.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I make around 100k a day. I make a bit more than that with salvage but some days I don't do as much on the game. i still make about 100k a day on average.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited December 2017

The only predictable source of RAD now is the RQ and the five weeklies that give RAD.

I play four toons. My DC makes like 1/3 to 1/2 of my total daily AD because the epic RQ and trial RQ queue pops much faster for a healer. And there is the role bonus. I queue up my GF when there is a tank role bonus. I do the skirmish RQ for all four toons. But I will not do the leveling dungeon RQ.

For a returning player, the leveling dungeon RQ and skirmish RQ will be your goto RAD source. If you have 8.4K iLvl, you can queue up eToS. While you don't get the bonus RAD, you can get from one to five T2 salvage pieces. And you will probably pull a few 11K players from the RQ to make the run fairly fast.

I make around 100-150K AD a day. It all depends. Most days it is just the RAD and some days I get a few items to sell to make some additional AD. I'm not one of the lucky ones when I go run content. I rarely see anything good or decent in the treasure cheat. The best item I have ever gotten was my Epic Flail Snail and that was back in February last year, that is how bad my luck is in this game.

That is the problem with the Random Q system. It remove players who are not high enough for the highest content. The funny thing is, the lower IL characters are the one that need the bonus AD to help with acquiring specific items to increase the character IL.
  • nyxillisnyxillis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Awesome, thanks for the responses. It will definitely give me a better idea of how to spend my time in-game.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    It all depends but during a lot of playtime during the day I can earn around 250k A day. Now if I go out and do it is a different story. A lazy day I earn around 100k.. AD is fairly easy to get nowadays.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Typically about 150k but if I'm really going for it and have the time, 280k
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    nyxillis said:

Obviously this will vary between people so I would love to hear feedback from people at different gear levels.

The largest difference might be how many alts a person runs on. The more characters you run on, the more you can get AD from the RQ system, additional weeklies, etc.

I have massively cut back on my playtime since the release of another mmorpg a few weeks back. I'm doing the bare minimum in NW right now. Pick up daily key. Run a set of dailies if I feel like it. I haven't run dungeons in about 2-3 weeks but in the past I would say an easy 60k+ on a weekday and 150k+ over a weekend day. All depends on how much time you put into it. Also, luck with drops since you can sell those (sometimes). Most drops have minimal value nowadays except for end game items and even that has dropped a lot.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I don't run dungeons for AD, I used to but it felt too much like work, so I run them for fun, to help others and the chance at a drop instead of my primary source of AD. I use professions to make the AD I need, it varies widely on a day to day but I probably average 200K + per day with just a few clicks on one character, most days I shoot for 4-500K to the plus side but I don't hit that every day.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • nyxillisnyxillis Member Posts: 15 Arc User

I use professions to make the AD I need, it varies widely on a day to day but I probably average 200K + per day with just a few clicks on one character, most days I shoot for 4-500K to the plus side but I don't hit that every day.

Interesting, you are the only person to mention professions so far. Which profs do you go for exactly? I would guess leadership after glancing at all of them unless there is actual value in the crafted items beyond just wearing them yourself.

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    5 toons, ranging from 7k to 16k gs., run through random q skim and 3 man dungeons, average about 100k, double that if I run my higher toons through T2/3 dungeons for salvage and drops etc.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    nyxillis said:

I use professions to make the AD I need, it varies widely on a day to day but I probably average 200K + per day with just a few clicks on one character, most days I shoot for 4-500K to the plus side but I don't hit that every day.

Interesting, you are the only person to mention professions so far. Which profs do you go for exactly? I would guess leadership after glancing at all of them unless there is actual value in the crafted items beyond just wearing them yourself.

Leadership is good for making unbound refinement at the moment, I don't typically sell refinement but that is an option, you are probably not going to get rich doing that, its slow going.

Other options include making gemmed shirts/pants, if you craft all the ingredients they have about 125K profit per piece. These too take a while, and to make that much you need Alchemy plus the other profession to craft the actual items.

I use master crafting to make items of interest for sale on the AH. Big items can yield 400K profit or more with some smaller items mixed in for smaller quick profits.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    You will make most ADs buying and selling stuff. With the right amount of AD/ Zen you will earn 200-300k AD/ day or more without the daily grind. While I could run 20 chars in skirmishes or dungeons, I would not do it. It is a waste of my time and a waste of other ppls time, to que up with a char, that is not able to contribute to a dungeon in a significant way. Sadly, many ppl think otherwise or you would not see 600 IL lvl 70 chars in random skirmishes. As it is, most players in random skirmishes I see are under 6k IL and would struggle to do it with similar geared ppl.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User

Enjoy the hell.
    Estimated play time: 15min per character.

((8,800[3m Dungeon]+8,200[5m Skirmish])*1,1[VIP Bonus]+Invocation)*50[N Characters] ~ 950k AD

My god, if i ran random baby dungeon and skirmish for 12.5h / day i would rip my eyes out
  • khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    A better question would be what is average AD you make per hour of time spent. Depending on if I am lazy I make 100k per day (less if lazy). PvE has become so boring from the grind that usually I do less.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I used to run RND and RQ Skirmish with as many ALTS as I could, was good AD but as above, it made me want to tear my eyes out, and it was nowhere near the above 50xruns which would just make me give up and lose the will to live. I don't really know how much AD I earn a day, it fluctuates a lot, based on drops/salvage runs/TONG runs/selling salvage/selling RP/selling transmute items. Sometimes the amount seems obscene most times however it just ticks me over, say if I'm having to invest a lot of time making keys (that's a total PITA). Now that DR lairs are worth running again, I run that more than anything right now I think, it's good AD, I'd probably earn a lot more AD just running TONG, all day, every day, but it's dull to repeat something over and over until you are sick of it.

On a side note, make the purple vouchers from DR lairs seems to generate a significant amount of Guild Marks, which in turn I buy Profession maps with, that's a good chunk of AD too.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    For me, I don't always keep track of exactly how much AD I make a day. I will attempt to break down my usual earnings:

Usually, I can rake together around 200k AD from a few hours of leisurely gameplay each day. This is when I am not grinding very hard. Lately, its been higher than that on most days because I'm still selling stuff off from my black friday zen investment and the Simril Festival.

I have basically never ending VIP so I always get a little bit of free AD each day, usually between 20k and 60k.

I get another 36k in salvage on my main toon each day.

Every few days, I spend the tradebars I accumulate from my daily lockboxes on nightmare mainhand weapons. I then salvage those for a little bit of extra AD. Nightmare mainhand weapons cost 5 tradebars each and salvage for 2.7k AD a peice.

Usually I will end up with some other miscellaneous items after a few dungeon runs each day, this can easily add up to over 100k counting moving additional salvage to alts or a lucky drop.

I also frequently end up discovering sources of extra money on my account, such as checking currency caps I forgot about for prolonged periods of time. As an example, yesterday, I figured out I was capped on guild marks and made at least 70k from the masterwork resource maps. I also found that one of my alt's idle companions had been wearing 3X eldritch runestone R8's. I pulled those off and sold them.

I also occasionally will check the AH for items I can buy and repost for a higher price. This tends to be opportunistic and I usually only end up doing this a couple of times every few weeks or so. Sometimes I lose money from these experiments but most of the time, I gain money from them. As my most recent example, I bought an under priced lesser bilethorn enchantment for 69k and put it back up for 210k, it sold the same day.

When there is an event running, I usually check if I can make money off of it. If I can, I will spend some time doing that to make some extra profit on the side.

If I'm doing a campiagn, I pick up all the refinement items the enemies drop and sell the stacks once they start to get big. Usually, this will get me around 40 to 60k AD roughly once every 3 to 4 days.

On days when I'm trying to raise a lot of money for something specific, I can rake in between 800k and 1mil worth of stuff in a day. To do that, I usually turn to one of the 2 following AD making methods:
    --- I sometimes binge run tiamats when the hoard reclamation is full and then sell everything I get.
    --- I also will sometimes spend a large chunk of my day collecting T-rex fangs in chult and then trade them for gmops.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Lol, now I've switched to full time pvp, erm, my income has dropped to about 20k ad per day. Just salvage from cheap gear from the glory shop.

PvP needs some sort of reward system that will supply ad to dedicated players, but not to bots. Good luck with that though.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Lately i run with a player who told me his guildmember earns 10 mio AD a day with profession, no clue if that is possible.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I was making around 100-200K AD a day based on how many character I run in dungeons and skirmishes. Since RQ hit PS4 I now rarely can get through the top tier dungeons due to bad group composition. I honestly now only run with a friend and guidlies unless I am running a piece of content for a specific piece of gear, like the new skirmish for the shirt and pants.

Right now I barely make enough AD for salvage on my main and where my main is for her IL, I honestly am ok with that as she jumped into the 15K land this past week. So need for major AD for me at this point. Though when I do go on vacation next month, I'm hoping to get some saved AD as I would like to upgrade my bondings to R14.