test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simple keybinds for PvE

bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
edited May 2017 in The Temple
So there are two keybinds that I use that I think most people might find useful.
The existing keybinds require alias which I think is unnecessary (or is it?).

1) Cast Exaltation on a specific target
/bind e "+Hardtargetlock $$ target "target's name" $$ +PowerTrayExec 3"

I have Exal in 2nd encounter slot so I bind E; you can bind Q or R and just need to change PowerTrayExec to 2 and 4 respectively.

2) Cast Divinity Divine Glow on a specific target

/bind v "+Hardtargetlock $$ target "target's name" $$ +specialClassPower $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4"

When you press V, you will cast divinity DG at your target's location. Again, you can change the key you bind and the encounter slot, you just need to make corresponding changes to the command.

Finally, change the target's name depending on who you're buffing and that's it.
Post edited by bvira on

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Thanks,

I find this one very useful :)

/bind key “gensendmessage Stuck_Defeatme activate”
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Amazing, awesome :dizzy:
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i didn't knew it was possible.
    exaltation is nearly impossible to handle in PVE with all the companions.

can you add text into it?
    for example every time i cast astral shield i will say "pffffff"
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    For Target's name is it just the char name or handle as well?
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Using alias is not necessary, but in my opinion it's simpler to switch the target with it.
    Just write a keybind that includes your alias, let's say:

/bind T "tar $$ hardtargetlock 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 2 $$ hardtargetlock 0"

this keybind doesn't have to be changed ever again.
    Then tell the keybind what's your target via:

/alias tar target "target's name"

that's much faster to change and easy to remember.

@confusedpoof you only enter the name of the character, not the handle. You can even use the name of your companion if you want to exalt it ;D
    To build on what @greyjay1 has up there, I found another "shortcut" although it's a tiny bit inelegant.
    /bind T "tar_cmd $$ hardtargetlock 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 2 $$ hardtargetlock 0"
    /alias setT "alias tar_cmd target {}"

This lets you set target using /setT

/setT \"Target's Name\"

Notice the ugly backslashes? Those are needed, otherwise the alias passing removes the " " and the target command fails.
    @dupeks awsome find :)

i tested your version and for me it ( /setT \"Target's Name\" ) works without the backslashes.
    i will switch to your version without backslashes, that's really great.

Btw, do you know how to get access to your target's name? it would be nice to move your curser over your desired target, press a key and be done with the setting-process.
    greyjay1 said:

i tested your version and for me it ( /setT \"Target's Name\" ) works without the backslashes.

Btw, do you know how to get access to your target's name? it would be nice to move your curser over your desired target, press a key and be done with the setting-process.

That's a very interesting suggestion, I'll spend some time poking around...

Janne also suggested playing around with the $Target command, which locks in on your current target. I wonder if you can "store" the $Target value of whatever it is that you're pointing at in the execute. Haven't played with it enough to really understand it, and might not get a chance for a while (going out of town on a biz trip)
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    dupeks said:

greyjay1 said:

Janne also suggested playing around with the $Target command, which locks in on your current target. I wonder if you can "store" the $Target value of whatever it is that you're pointing at in the execute. Haven't played with it enough to really understand it, and might not get a chance for a while (going out of town on a biz trip)
    It's exactly a variable that is the name for your current target. It's not a lock. I mean exactly what was suggested. use $target instead of the name. - Alias it once as "tg" for example to "save the name" and then use it in the whole exec bind
    edited July 2017
    micky1p00 said:

dupeks said:

greyjay1 said:

It's exactly a variable that is the name for your current target. It's not a lock. I mean exactly what was suggested. use $target instead of the name. - Alias it once as "tg" for example to "save the name" and then use it in the whole exec bind
    OK, I think I get it.

/alias setT "alias tar_cmd target $Target"

or it might have to be quoted
    /alias setT "alias tar_cmd "target $Target" "

or we might need to break it up (maybe, just throwing darts blindly)
    /alias tar_cmd "target tar_name"
    /alias setT "alias tar_name $Target"

Probably not that last one, cuz we might run into the weird param passing issue again.

Oh and you could /bind ctrl+T setT or something like that

And theoretically this would do what @greyjay1 was suggesting: "saving" the target you're pointed at right now to the targeted command.

Pass the sniff test Janne?
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I'm not sniffing your "aliases" ! (But yes, that looks like the idea)

I think setT will be better as a bind, you look at someone, you click a button and you fixated them as the exalt target. You want someone else? click, done. (if it all works)
    Inserting the command an aiming at someone that's probably moving is probably less convenient.
    micky1p00 said:

I'm not sniffing your "aliases" ! (But yes, that looks like the idea)

I think setT will be better as a bind, you look at someone, you click a button and you fixated them as the exalt target. You want someone else? click, done. (if it all works)
    Inserting the command an aiming at someone that's probably moving is probably less convenient.

I tried sniffing around (only for a moment, since I don't have much time today) and unfortunately at first glance it doesn't look like using $Target will be easy.

It appears that $Target doesn't save the value, and instead resolves it at the moment you execute the command invoking it.

I tested this by setting up a quick command

/alias test_target "alias say_cmd Say value of target: $target"
    /bind ctrl+t test_target
    /bind ctrl+s say_cmd

now when I ctrl+t, it executes the alias to "save" the say_cmd. And when I ctrl+s, it says what it aliased.

But pointing at different things makes /say_cmd say different things. And if I currently have no target, it doesn't say anything at all. If it "saved" the $target value as it aliased say_cmd, then it would always repeat back to me the saved name.

I also tried the actual exalt command, it behaves as if I weren't passing it a target parameter.

So we need a way of having it resolve $Target value rather than delaying resolution to execution time.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I've been trying to find a solution to this problem but couldn't find anything.

For a moment I thought that /startchatwith could be part of the solution but it doesn't understand $target as a special argument.
  • fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    this sure sounds interesting, but also a little scary to someone who hasn´t used keybinds before. I have a few questions b4 I dare to try it:
    Do the powers behave "like unbound" when the named target isn´t nearby, or do we get nothing but an error message instead of activation?
    How do you unbind keys?
    @fogcrow
    if the target is out of sight/range, then the power won't fire at all, that's why i personally would bind it to a new key and not overwrite it.

you can unbind keys with:
    /unbind KeyName

for example:
    /unbind q
    @greyjay1 Thank you^^
    I hope there is a fix to the following problem:
    after useing /bind b "tar $$ hardtargetlock 1 $$ +specialclasspower $$ +powertrayexec 4 $$ +powertrayexec 4 $$ hardtargetlock 0" (with divine glow on R) and setting the target, pressing b casts divinity divine glow on the target, but leaves my DC in divinity mode... I´m trying to find a keybind that casts divinity divine glow on the target, and doesn´t leave my DC in divinity mode.
    So far I´ve tried both
    /bind b "tar $$ hardtargetlock 1 $$ +specialclasspower $$ +powertrayexec 4 $$ +powertrayexec 4 $$ +specialclasspower $$ hardtargetlock 0"
    and
    /bind b "tar $$ hardtargetlock 1 $$ +specialclasspower $$ +powertrayexec 4 $$ +powertrayexec 4 $$ -specialclasspower $$ hardtargetlock 0"
    but after casting divinity divine glow via keybind I always find myself in divinity mode
    figured that one out myself: it isn´t possible. Activating such a string of commands is more or less the same as pressing a number of keys in rapid succession. If one of the effects exceeds a certain duration, pressing another key while the animation is still in progress won´t produce any effect.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    thx @greyjay1

the other day someone ask me to bind exaltation on him in tong.
    for 2 days i couldn't figure why the camera move so fast.
    i switched my mouse battery, clean the red eye and for a while i suspect sour diesel actualy have diesel fuel in it.

then i found the /unbind e
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    I tested it for OP Blessings and it works perfect... only downside is that I have to put in the macro each time I log into NW.
    Is there a way to get it automaticly loaded when logging in ???
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Nice thread and a big help to place that exaltation.
    For me it´s sufficient to bind t and exaltation on a target
    I can´t handle that devine glow as a bind on top, it slows down my rotation more than it´s a help tbh. But maybe I need to train more.

I also recognized that the macro disappears every time I log out, logging in again I have to repeat all those commands from the beginning.
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    Ain't hardlock bannable?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Ain't hardlock bannable?

I guess they should ban everyone who accidentally presses control in pve or pvp then.
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

Ain't hardlock bannable?

I guess they should ban everyone who accidentally presses control in pve or pvp then.
    A friend told me once that it is qualifying for ban,I once saw and a minimi video pointing out hardlock use and i thought that was the case... i should have asked earlier i guess

Ain't hardlock bannable?

A friend told me once that it is qualifying for ban,I once saw and a minimi video pointing out hardlock use and i thought that was the case... i should have asked earlier i guess
    Best not ask too many questions around these parts tho.

Loose lips sink ships. JKlol
  • miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    I highly doubt its bannable since its an option in settings?
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube