test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Second passive on DO and most optimal powers setup when running with AC

trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
Is there a specific passive that's clearly better than others to use as second one on DO (TI being always on)? Or it just comes down to personal preference between Holy Fervor (with off-hand power), Divine Fortune (and TI off-hand power) or even Light of Divinity with off-hand power just for passive gain of divinity? Keeping in mind running with AC DC.

With AC usually running DG, BoH/AS/Exalt, empBtS and DO covering empFF, DL and PoD on bosses, would it be recommended to drop DG for e.g. Chains on trash and not using any healing powers (using Brand of the Sun and Lance) or doubling DG with AC is still better on trash?

Also, is there any argument that makes DO better fit for running BtS over FF or it's again personal preference depending what AC likes to run? Or maybe just for easier managment to drop DL when empBtS is up?

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    It makes more sense imo for DO to run bts than AC, since DO has better divinity generation with bots and has less tight rotations. I prefer to use divine fortune for this reason.

If the AC is good, I will use chains, bts, DL on trash and pod, bts, DL on bosses. I always cast dl in divinity mode in a 2 dc group where the other dc knows what they are doing.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @thefabricant so with good AC just let him cover DG (just to be sure - it doesn't stack with 2 DCs, right?) and focus only on HG (unless AC wants to run double daily), BtS and damage. With Divine Fortune 1x BotS and 3x Lance is enough to get full divinity when I last checked, and without using any healing power there's also no point keeping few heroic feats that proc on heals, am I right?

When using PoD, DL and empBtS on boss and being able to force kill or phase switch in one rotation is it correct to go 3x divDL, 1x BotS, 3x Lance, empBtS, PoD, 1-3x divDL, empDL? I wonder if Soul Crystal artifact is also good for DO on single target in this scenario.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I was running Prophetic Action since 1)there aren't any stellar options and 2) I find myself sole DC on a fairly regular basis. Recently someone requested Hastening Light and I haven't bothered to swap back. It is what I have feated on my Fey set as the AC loadout also uses that. Aboleth set has feated Holy Fervor for my solo play and easy content like most skirmishes and such.

OH feated Light of Divinity is good for your Divinity bar but is bugged (repeatedly enter combat) until October bugfixes go live. There are some other useful ones but none of the DO artifact OH feats look useful.

You could always go with Sooth because it makes everyone tell the truth... oh wait it is a misspelling of Soothe.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

@thefabricant so with good AC just let him cover DG (just to be sure - it doesn't stack with 2 DCs, right?) and focus only on HG (unless AC wants to run double daily), BtS and damage. With Divine Fortune 1x BotS and 3x Lance is enough to get full divinity when I last checked, and without using any healing power there's also no point keeping few heroic feats that proc on heals, am I right?

When using PoD, DL and empBtS on boss and being able to force kill or phase switch in one rotation is it correct to go 3x divDL, 1x BotS, 3x Lance, empBtS, PoD, 1-3x divDL, empDL? I wonder if Soul Crystal artifact is also good for DO on single target in this scenario.

@trzebiat#2067 it is correct but normally in those kinds of groups I find I do not have time for 3x div dl for the emp dl, in which case I do 1 or 2 div dl. I prefer to use wheel and give it to the dps, that way they get both the wheel and the soul sight.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @thefabricant hmm, seems like another good reason to make Wheel on DC, thanks.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    @thefabricant
    @trzebiat#2067

I agree 100%, that's the very reason I have a Wheel for my SW that I refrained from using as a feeder last x2 rp, once mod 13 makes templock better, I will be casting the fire bonus on the main dpser so he/she can also use Soul Sight Crystal. I think it could work well at least for premade random queues, I think for private groups I will be running Fury and DC sigil/Soul Sight Crystal.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i use haste light with off hand feat on all PVE builds.

if i don't use it with other AC i need to wait 10 sec for HG.
    it makes my daily usefull :)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    plavia said:

i use haste light with off hand feat on all PVE builds.

if i don't use it with other AC i need to wait 10 sec for HG.
    it makes my daily usefull :)

You also save on AD as you are not swapping your off hand enchantment power each time you change your loadout.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    In pugs with some group compositions, should the DO switch out DL for AS or even BoH? Some groups just take a lot of damage. In guild runs, there's no such worry, but every time I'm in a pug, I'm not sure what people expect and need. If we are maximizing buffs, there's almost no healing coming from us.

Also, for DO rotation, divinity chains and DL are same speed?
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I slot DL in group only when I’m providing the bulk of the damage for an “anything goes” party. Chains is my preferred filler trash AoE since the standard version covers a wide area. BoH I use only if healing is mysteriously needed and desperately lacking.

Keep in mind that you’re still healing a fair amount with just DG. I also heal with Repurpose Soul since all those big crits produce a constant and significant source of supplemental heals.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    vorphied said:

I also heal with Repurpose Soul since all those big crits produce a constant and significant source of supplemental heals.

Ah, right. Good point. I've always thought of it as just a nice supplemental heal effect, but I guess with high crit chance and damage, it is actually quite substantial. If an attack crits for 1m, do nearby allies actually get healed for 150k? Is there a max heal limit or CD between activation? Anyone know the radius? 30 ft?

9/10 runs there's probably no issue. Just sometimes, even though players seem geared the same, everyone is taking damage all the time (and dying). Even the other DC is standing in the midst of the fight and taking it on the chin.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited February 2018

vorphied said:

I also heal with Repurpose Soul since all those big crits produce a constant and significant source of supplemental heals.

Ah, right. Good point. I've always thought of it as just a nice supplemental heal effect, but I guess with high crit chance and damage, it is actually quite substantial. If an attack crits for 1m, do nearby allies actually get healed for 150k? Is there a max heal limit or CD between activation? Anyone know the radius? 30 ft?
    Based on my brief test, it's giving 15% of the parenthetical damage value (which I assume is the "base" damage unmodified by enemy defense debuffs etc.?). So yes, a huge DL crit will produce a huge heal for nearby allies. I've heard that there used to be an issue with certain powers not working with this feat, but DL is no longer one of them. Worth noting that the procs are visible only when you or a nearby ally are actually missing HP.

I'm not aware of an ICD on this feat, but I believe the radius is quite small. One of my pet peeves is an ally messing up, taking a big hit, and running for the hills instead of staying with the group where Repurposed heals and general party healing will do the job.

I'm usually the top healer as DO in a tong run unless we're running with a healadin or Templock, and the only direct healing power I slot is DG.
    Post edited by vorphied on
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I was running Prophetic Action since 1)there aren't any stellar options and 2) I find myself sole DC on a fairly regular basis. Recently someone requested Hastening Light and I haven't bothered to swap back. It is what I have feated on my Fey set as the AC loadout also uses that. Aboleth set has feated Holy Fervor for my solo play and easy content like most skirmishes and such.

OH feated Light of Divinity is good for your Divinity bar but is bugged (repeatedly enter combat) until October bugfixes go live. There are some other useful ones but none of the DO artifact OH feats look useful.

You could always go with Sooth because it makes everyone tell the truth... oh wait it is a misspelling of Soothe.

DO: TI and PA
    AC: BF and HL

Offhand bonus is TI or HL.

As for BtS, I prefer to run it as a DO as I know I can get it off quicker than the AC DC as they tend to spam AA more than anything resulting in them not hitting the the damage buff as often in Divinity mode, but as a DO I can use it more often resulting in better burn for the group.

My normal loadout on my DO for T9 up to a boss is Chains, BtS and DG. On the boss I swap out Chain for PoD.

My AC DC loadout I typically only run when I am a solo DC so my loadout is BoH, BtS and DG. If I don't use BoH I use Sunburst or Exhaltation, though I tend to use BoH for its ability to ensure any DoT applied is cleansed and with the way I play my DC I get more AP with BoH than other encounters.

As for running PA, I was against using this initially and typically used HL. Than I tried PA in T9 and due to me being one to get to close to the tank at times it has helped me not go down and it has even helped some of the group by not taking a full damage hit, it ended up being a nice compliment to a AC AA ability in content. If I ran my DO solo, than I may swap over to HL but I rather just swap over to my AC build.