test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Roster/Invalid Entity Name

i frequently come across "invalid entity name" when inspecting the members of my guild and i assume the character has been deleted but occassionaly it seems unlikely that someone would delete a fully decked lvl 70. does anyone know for certain what it means ie, character deleted or the games was erased, just curious.

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

i frequently come across "invalid entity name" when inspecting the members of my guild and i assume the character has been deleted but occassionaly it seems unlikely that someone would delete a fully decked lvl 70. does anyone know for certain what it means ie, character deleted or the games was erased, just curious.

It seems to mean that their privacy settings are set to not show them online.
  • bottbolliusbottbollius Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    in fact I believe now that it means their gold membership has expired and without it you cannot play the game. the recent promotion try "10 days of gold free" explains why i suddenly had 30+ low lvl guildies go invalid, when the 10 days was up. guess i should give them a grace period before i kick to see if they get gold back.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

in fact I believe now that it means their gold membership has expired and without it you cannot play the game. the recent promotion try "10 days of gold free" explains why i suddenly had 30+ low lvl guildies go invalid, when the 10 days was up. guess i should give them a grace period before i kick to see if they get gold back.

My nephew has an account without gold, but plays Neverwinter when he comes over here on my Xbox using his account. He is a member of the guild and does not have the invalid flag when I inspect. So, that's not it.

Past speculation has usually focused on privacy settings or a period of more than 2 weeks without logging on to the character. Neither has ever been confirmed.
    zephyriah said:

My nephew has an account without gold, but plays Neverwinter when he comes over here on my Xbox using his account. He is a member of the guild and does not have the invalid flag when I inspect. So, that's not it.

Past speculation has usually focused on privacy settings or a period of more than 2 weeks without logging on to the character. Neither has ever been confirmed.
    in fact if you have a gold membership and allow game sharing anyone using your console can play the game. one of my sword guild leaders recently lost his gold status and both he and his girlfriend went immediately to invalid character name.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've seen members of my guild have 'invalid character' on some of their characters but not others. It's usually on ones they haven't logged on to for a while.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I am pretty sure this goes along with the gear being visible or not when inspecting from roster on xbox, the character goes invalid after about 7 days of not logging on.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • reconjsh#7545 reconjsh Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    If they haven't logged a single time in for an extended period of time, it shows that way. It's character based, not gamertag. I've heard it's 2, or 3, or 4 weeks. I'm not sure the duration, but that's what it is.
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I believe it's 30 days.