test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

launcher crashing

drizztnadrizztna Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hi There

So I've been having an issue ever since activating a code to get Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild. The launcher says it's patching then I click play and the launcher closes. Neverwinter isn't even showing up in the task manager. I've tried changing the compatability to windows 8 and windows xp but thqat makes no difference. I even uninstalled Neverwinter then re installed it, that made no difference. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Comments

• poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    I have the same problem. I was playing without a problem yesterday, but today when I try to start the game, after hitting the Play button the client vanishes and only the Tray shows a NW icon, which soon disappears anyway and any NW process vanishes from Windows Task Manager. Possible cause is the Windows Update which installed itself on my laptop earlier today.
  • rhiannon#5795 rhiannon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I used a code for a Zen purchase a few days ago. I wasn't having any trouble until today. My launcher patches but when I click play it disappears and nothing happens. I don't think my windows updated so that's not the problem.
  • rhiannon#5795 rhiannon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Update: I ran my virus scan and made sure my java was up to date. I then restarted my computer and my game is now acting normally. I don't know which of those things fixed it but glad that one of them did.