test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not sure if Bug or design

So, random people have been sending rgroup invites during hunts in Chult so they can steal the loot drops. That’s right, when in a group and you kill a hunt only one person can pick up the loot but everyone in group can see it. Meaning, who ever in the group picks it up first gets it and everyone else is s.o.l. It wasn’t like this before and I foresee it becoming a huge problem. Just a heads up to those doing hunts.
Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.

Comments

• markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Furthermore, the person who was spamming me with group invites was just watching and didn’t help fight the hunt. After it was killed they just ran off. One thing I despise more than anything are thieves and leeches. After I asked why someone would send invites, watch then leave lots of players replied with “gotta get that loot”. So pretty much everyone knows and are trying to take advantage of this. Pretty unfair to the person who dropped the lure.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    That is a player abusing you and hoping to get your award drop. This is very common. When I played IWD on my DC back when the game first launched I would have DPS come over and steal what I was working on, typically I was in combat and they were not, so they got what I was working towards getting. This happened for most of the campaign and it is why I left as well as dungeon drops were just horrible. I left the game because it was so bad that I hated playing content. Things are now better but the chult hunt does not surprise me.

Maybe the devs should give each player a unique award like they do with other heroics to ensure no one can steal from another.
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @markeen#2032 said:
    > So, random people have been sending rgroup invites during hunts in Chult so they can steal the loot drops. That’s right, when in a group and you kill a hunt only one person can pick up the loot but everyone in group can see it. Meaning, who ever in the group picks it up first gets it and everyone else is s.o.l. It wasn’t like this before and I foresee it becoming a huge problem. Just a heads up to those doing hunts.

Learn to set your loot rolls. Problem solved.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

> @markeen#2032 said:

> So, random people have been sending rgroup invites during hunts in Chult so they can steal the loot drops. That’s right, when in a group and you kill a hunt only one person can pick up the loot but everyone in group can see it. Meaning, who ever in the group picks it up first gets it and everyone else is s.o.l. It wasn’t like this before and I foresee it becoming a huge problem. Just a heads up to those doing hunts.

Learn to set your loot rolls. Problem solved.

If only that was true. Consoles do not have the proper option, unlike PC.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Er, don't accept the invite...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Er, don't accept the invite...

The problem is that if you don't accept, they keep spamming the invite blocking a portion of the screen making the fight much more difficult and increasing the chance to fail. If you ignore it and let it just stay on screen, you still lose that portion of the screen. Either way, it is a nuisance. We really need an option that if we refuse any type of invites, that a timer gets activated preventing more invites. Group, guild, trade, whatever.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    That's true, but accepting isn't a better option. I would report and block them then change zone.

I would also be tempted to record the constant popping of the invite, make a note of the ticket number and contact customer services - sending them the ticket number and the recording as evidence.

There's a good chance they will have action taken against them.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox