test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove Quitter penalty and Abandon Instance vote.

klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
You think it's fun slowly crawling with a pug to a final FBI boss to have some %&/$%& (who join later, when you have cleared all the trash at the beginning where pugs usually wipe) because they can't handle two wipes on Turtle or Drufi?
You think it's fun throwing away 40+ minutes like that?

So they wanna leave, let them leave? Why give them a penalty? Do you realize that this forces them (to avoid the quitter penalty) to inflict the abandon on everyone else? Even those who wanna stay and finish the dungeon? Did you even think this through?!
Why should *I* be penalized by someone else behaviour? Where the %&/$%& is the logic in that?

I honestly don't care what your reasons are to penalize quitters (how are they even a problem, it baffles me), just realize that, with this system, you're penalizing stayers instead of quitters. When you make a "solution" please think if it's not worse than the problem itself, THANKS.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I could be wrong. I thought only the first quitter got the penalty and in your case those "who join later" will not be the first quitter.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    You could be right or could be wrong, but either way it's pointless if those who join later still think they will receive the penalty if they just leave, why do you think they start the abandon vote to begin with?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    His complaint is that in order to avoid the possibility of a quitter penalty, people will Vote Abandon a queue that he wants to finish.

Which is, frankly, a bad situation and I feel bad for him.
This discussion has been closed.