test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are Seals of the Brave capped or not?

araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
Since this is 2x seals weekend on PC I've been wondering if the weekly cap is still 400, if it's doubled to 800 or if there is even one at all. I've read conflicting info here, and I'd like a definitive answer.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Afaik it's 800 but don't take that as 100% certainty. One of our guildies hit the cap so I know there is one but it's defiitely above 400.

Personally, I think the idea of a cap is just bad - if people want to run it 10 times per day, I don't see why they shouldn't get the seals.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Seals of the brave are supposed to be capped at 400 but been bugged ever since mod 12 release. In reality you stop getting them at 700-800ish. 2x seals event has nothing to do with it.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Ran 6 or 7 times on DC this weekend and never hit a limit. 140 each time. A friend got capped week beofre last but never mentioned it this weekend.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Last weekend I ran 5 To9G for 140 seals per run. I had 700 seals total in the end - no cap (at least not 400) detected.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    There is a limit - but it is higher than 400 - might be 800.

A limit of 400 is just plain silly. If you make a Chult key every day and do just 7 runs per week, opening two chests each time, you exceed the 400 limit. 800 is more reasonable - 1200 would be good.

A limit of 400 would effectively discourage people from doing more than 7 runs per week - which would mean 11 years of grinding on the average to get the UES needed for a full set of Unparalelled/R14s.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    To be fair for ppl farming UES seals are just a byproduct. Only so many alts we can have - "who the f cares about seals?!" (from real conversation) - & nothing else to do with them. Would be nice if we could actually buy UES for seals but... Also the cap was designed before 12b & never updated. 400 was actually more than enough to get you full set in 4-5 weeks. Not too fast not too long. Been broken since day 1 of mod 12 though. Devs just never updated or/and fixed it for 12b reality. Nowadays personally after fully gearing up 4 alts i am more concerned about lack of other options to spend our seals on. Nothing really new for neverwinter as so many campaign stuff becomes useless in a month-two (arcane focus, rune shards etc).
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    krymkac said:

...seals are just a byproduct.

Well, yes. Of course, if you have multiple alts, you can just farm ToNG with your main and gear the alts up, but even that has its limits...My lvl 70 characters already have a full set of Primal gear, and I am slowly gearing up the rest, so they will have it waiting for them once they hit 70, but once I run out of alts, there is nothing to do but salvage the gear,

What a waste.

I wish I could buy an UES for 1000 seals or so.

Hoping for improvements...
  • araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    adinosii said:

krymkac said:

...seals are just a byproduct.

Well, yes. Of course, if you have multiple alts, you can just farm ToNG with your main and gear the alts up, but even that has its limits...My lvl 70 characters already have a full set of Primal gear, and I am slowly gearing up the rest, so they will have it waiting for them once they hit 70, but once I run out of alts, there is nothing to do but salvage the gear,

What a waste.

I wish I could buy an UES for 1000 seals or so.

Meanwhile some of us are still missing a few seals to finish up our Primal gear on our mains... and even one UES is a pipe dream.