Install Arc

About new broken TR

12346»

Comments

• finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited November 2017

@finalfantasyac7

You quite clearly misunderstand me.

I am not defending TR's. I am not even saying I like them.

Let's just get one thing straight: There are none, nor have there ever been, anyone in any PvP match, who hates the TR class more than me.

Also, you are only half right about not being able to counter SoD.

There are several Items in the game that has a chance to proc invisibility. When you are invisible, you don't take damage from SoD. TR wards = wasted guild marks. They are better spent on GF/OP wards.

My bad, i thought you were defending the TR class lol.
    I don't really like using items that makes me invis nor like shadowclad just to proc invisibility to avoid sod. I don't use TR wards tho but that day i was using it because that TR was killing me with only at-will (cloud of steel) in stealth mode.
    No matter what loadout (different builds) i tried... the outcome was the same.
    I had 230k hp. Every sod proc he took 50% of my hp which would be 115k damage with only cloud of steel in stealth mode. I am playing on xboxone and we are mod 12 atm... i don't wanna know how bad it will be next mod.
    If the devs think this is ok the way it is with TR and their broken SOD... well i have a level 70 tr, gonna have fun ruining the experience of other pvp players. *sarcasm*
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

etelgrin said:

Warlocks may be doing fine in PvP, but overall they are way behind most other DPS classes when it comes to PvE performance. This is why there is a buff thread about them for Mod 13 down in the preview section ...

You think so ?

http://xboxclips.com/FinalFantasyAC7/2e8ac56e-d9f1-4612-82bd-e6868d7b439d

I have tried several loadouts, HB tank, HB dps, SB tank, SB dps, with negation and shadowclad > same results.

WIth tank build i have 10k defense, 200k hp, 9k deflect. + 15% extra deflect from sparks. It doesn't matter what build you use.. you can't fight a tr with overpowered sod.
    You let the gwf build stacks on you, you let him kill you with IBS and it was you who didnt move a tiny bit. What you do is you waste stamina to move where its not neccesary (you avoided some normal strikes of sure strike but not last bugstrike), you cast skills when gwf is in unstoppable, why? You want him to build Countless Scars on top of his Unstoppable DR or what? Standing and facetanking is not the way to judge survivability because you are no better than target dummy. Move around to do so, you do not need to waste stamina, move move move, and he will have to be catching you all time, use stamin when neccesary like to avoid savage advance, indomitable strength, cause afterwards they can combo you. I don't know this gwf or your gear vs this gwf gear and builds but there are other places you can improve before saying all is better than my SW. By any means I don't mean SW is in great position in PvP but I don't think its in "worse spot ever" or so. Sorry for not commenting on the TR commenting on broken things is easy but you made many more mistakes very early, I didn't withstand to watch the TR combat when you play like this and are wondering why you lose.

Last point blank question cause this is to me what it looks like. Do you want your gear, enchantments do all the combat for you? Sorry but this is not the only factor of how the combat looks like.
    I have no idea what you are talking about but clearly you did not watch the video properly.
    The gwf couldn't damage me at all. It was not the gwf who killed me but the tr. see timeframe 0.26. I died by shadow of demise.
    That match i tried several different builds, Hellbringer tank and dps, Souldbinder tank and dps.
    In the video you see me playing as soulbinder templock which means i don't need to worry much about my stamina cuz i had infinite stamina as long i was getting hit.

I am fully maxed with high defense, deflect, lifesteal and hp using legendary Lion... i can tank any class damage without moving much except from Tr's sod. No need to tell me what stuff i need nor how to play. I've been playing pvp for 3+ years.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I have no grudge against Tr's anymore since im playing now as a 14.9k IL tr with all boons unlocked + with high power and recovery build.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    TR has been a no-skill class for facerolling quadruple amputees [1] ever since mod 5. I stopped playing mine after going 39-0 in a pvp match without really trying.

Balancing them is, however, not all that hard. Hard cooldowns on dailies, which should apply to all classes in pvp. Hard cooldowns between uses of Smoke Bomb. Bring SoD damage into line with reason in pvp.

[1] But to be fair, paladin has always been a no-skill class for facerolling quadruple amputees, DC takes a tiny bit of skill to be an unkillable painful bore in pvp, and GWF is and always has been an OCD exploiter button-masher's dream. And of course when HRs had the giant piercing damage they never asked for and didn't want, plenty of facerollers were happily playing that class too.
    Post edited by feanor70118 on
    edited December 2017

TR has been a no-skill class for facerolling quadruple amputees [1] ever since mod 5. I stopped playing mine after going 39-0 in a pvp match without really trying.

Balancing them is, however, not all that hard. Hard cooldowns on dailies, which should apply to all classes in pvp. Hard cooldowns between uses of Cloud of Dust. Bring SoD damage into line with reason in pvp.

[1] But to be fair, paladin has always been a no-skill class for facerolling quadruple amputees, DC takes a tiny bit of skill to be an unkillable painful bore in pvp, and GWF is and always has been an OCD exploiter button-masher's dream. And of course when HRs had the giant piercing damage they never asked for and didn't want, plenty of facerollers were happily playing that class too.

Paladins and Guardian fighters are no skill too.

• nerfcc#8605 nerfcc Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    you can call every class no skill. The fact remains that there's good players and bad players for every class so skill is involved.
  • buddy514buddy514 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    just played against a TR with no elven battle, 500 tenacity, 4k def, 2k deflect, 0 control resist. Yet he doesn't get rooted stunned or take hardly any damage while taking on 5 people at once? I am by no means a weak character, I have max boons (pvp, guild, and all game boons.) very high gear and tenacity and control bonus. Yet I cant even put a dent in a TR with these stats? This seems like a mod of some sort to me.
    found him on the standings, 529 kills and 4 deaths, with 63 wins and 5 loses. lol seems legit infamous from spectrum is his name
    buddy514 said:

just played against a TR with no elven battle, 500 tenacity, 4k def, 2k deflect, 0 control resist. Yet he doesn't get rooted stunned or take hardly any damage while taking on 5 people at once? I am by no means a weak character, I have max boons (pvp, guild, and all game boons.) very high gear and tenacity and control bonus. Yet I cant even put a dent in a TR with these stats? This seems like a mod of some sort to me.

• pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    buddy514 said:

Well TR has ITC so if he has high enough recovery he will have cc immunity the majority of time plus an extra 50% deflect chance . They probably have between 70 to 80 % deflect chance with probably 85% defect severity with pot/food and ITC . Makes having low tenacity abit more forgiving , plus stealth best defense in the game . No change is coming anytime soon to TR especially since you play on console. Its something that is going to get to be even more common once 12b hits console and tenacity change. Its something a) you get use to b) don't pvp c) move on to something else d) switch to TR like so many others have and become part of the problem .
    pjohnny1 said:

buddy514 said:

Well TR has ITC so if he has high enough recovery he will have cc immunity the majority of time plus an extra 50% deflect chance . They probably have between 70 to 80 % deflect chance with probably 85% defect severity with pot/food and ITC . Makes having low tenacity abit more forgiving , plus stealth best defense in the game . No change is coming anytime soon to TR especially since you play on console. Its something that is going to get to be even more common once 12b hits console and tenacity change. Its something a) you get use to b) don't pvp c) move on to something else d) switch to TR like so many others have and become part of the problem .
    I loved pvp back in the day, before these guilds started stacking their teams to the max with pvp builds just to HAMSTER anyone who even tries to play. imo they are just a bunch of trolls who have nothing better to do then ruin the fun of pvp for new people. Now days I am only playing for glory to try and get my guild pvp boons up. Its such a shame that people like this still play just to ruin the game for everyone. Its so hard to get my guild to farm glory when you have people like this floating around. I don't see the fun in winning every match by a landslide. I'd rather lose and have it be a fun close match than win like that. But that's the way it goes, these people are spending the big bucks so the devs wont fix it. Such a shame though, pvp could be so awesome in this game.
    Look, i was complaining about TR's until i jumped on my mod 5 TR. I didn't played my tr after release of mod 6 so working on all the campaigns and boons was a Nightmare but instead i bought something in zen market to unlock all the boons. Transfered all my rank 12 enchants to my tr and now having fun in pvp.

I thought first TR's were no-skill class but that's isnt all true. It's still all about rotation and timing.

When we cried about Tr's SE daily being overpowered, Devs heard us and nerfed the SE but buffed the SOD. Now we are crying about SOD being overpowered. If SOD will get a nerf, something else has to replace the lost dps. Devs will buff TR's base damage or something else... TR will become even more overpowered right ?

Go make a tr and have fun :p

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

Look, i was complaining about TR's until i jumped on my mod 5 TR. I didn't played my tr after release of mod 6 so working on all the campaigns and boons was a Nightmare but instead i bought something in zen market to unlock all the boons. Transfered all my rank 12 enchants to my tr and now having fun in pvp.

I thought first TR's were no-skill class but that's isnt all true. It's still all about rotation and timing.

When we cried about Tr's SE daily being overpowered, Devs heard us and nerfed the SE but buffed the SOD. Now we are crying about SOD being overpowered. If SOD will get a nerf, something else has to replace the lost dps. Devs will buff TR's base damage or something else... TR will become even more overpowered right ?

If you find pvp fun being immortal doing unresistable damage running around incapacitating hole nodes with cc I suggest you go find a a pc game where you can use cheat codes to make yourself an immortal with a 1 button kill everything instead.

Pvp in a mmo that kind of troll class isa good way to destroy the very core of why people play pvp.

I understand if you want to enter pvp to find yourself in god mode thinking it is all you and your *skill Tr in NW pvp is tempting but that is not for most people that actually want to find a challange when they enter pvp.

We have Tr that that past 100-1 kill ratio by miles and are going for 1000-1 ratio if that is not a hint that it is maby not skill that makes the class good I do not think anything will convince you or anybody else thinking Tr is about skill...

All classes are about timing and rotation , but TR has all the best toys with no downside right now . They get to completely ignore stacking armor pen and critical strike (12b crit does more than non crit) and really don't have to stack much deflect or critical strike because of class features and encounters . So they get to ignore everything all the other classes need to stack to be effective. Besides that high power/recovery TR can screw up their rotation and restart literally 5 secs later and can sit in stealth while they wait . If it wasn't for the limit of 2 of each class there would be all TR matches . Score would be 0-0 with no deaths all going in and out of stealth the whole match . Go make a TR and have fun , how much fun is it to hit someone with cb and completely prevent them from doing anything to fight back . If you want to fight disabled opponents that can't fight back might as well just stick to pve , que times are much shorter.
    edited December 2017
    That's what i thought until i start playing a TR. No, tr's are not immortal. They can still be killed by Hr, dps dc and gf if they are not careful. I tried with 10k defense (33% DR ) 7k deflect + deflect chance from feats and other sources ( 60% deflect ) 200k Hp and i was still getting hit hard by hr's, gf's and dps dc's.
    I also noticed the Lifesteal does not work that good on a TR. Tested with 20% incoming healing bonus + 26% lifesteal. Playing a 14.5k IL Tr btw.

That's what i thought until i start playing a TR. No, tr's are not immortal. They can still be killed by Hr, dps dc and gf if they are not careful. I tried with 10k defense (33% DR ) 7k deflect + deflect chance from feats and other sources ( 60% deflect ) 200k Hp and i was still getting hit hard by hr's, gf's and dps dc's.
    I also noticed the Lifesteal does not work that good on a TR. Tested with 20% incoming healing bonus + 26% lifesteal. Playing a 14.5k IL Tr btw.

I never said TR is impossible to kill , but if played right is extremely difficult to kill if played with any sense . If your dying 1v1 against anyone your either fighting a better TR or if against any other class your doing something wrong . If you were a 30/30 TR you wouldn't even have to play with any sense at all , you could facetank like the TR that was owning you on your SW . You have 60% deflect with ITC or without it ? Lifesteal always has seemed most effective on SW and GWF to me . I never seem to get the same results on a CW , DC, HR or OP even when I have 30 to 40 percent of it . Might be a l2p issue for me but that has been my experience with lifesteal in pvp , works but more hp was more effective .
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited December 2017

That's what i thought until i start playing a TR. No, tr's are Cnot immortal. They can still be killed by Hr, dps dc and gf if they are not careful. I tried with 10k defense (33% DR ) 7k deflect + deflect chance from feats and other sources ( 60% deflect ) 200k Hp and i was still getting hit hard by hr's, gf's and dps dc's.

Can be killed by Hr or dps dc if not careful ?? you mean if they do not pay attension go afk or ignore them.
    With high recovery itc, smoke, hide(invisible to be correct), deflect severity 85%, longest dodges in the game tied the longest immuity and to top that of both encounters and dailies that makes you either totally incapasitating opponents or make you untargeteble you have to either go link dead or afk to die

If played not to die you never die as Tr period if you stay and fight 1-3 at low hp yea you can die that is why the top Tr has 2500-26 kills/deaths and not 2500-0 ....

Take 2 IL 11-12 and put them against a 15IL Tt they will die unless maby dc/pal combo take 2Tr IL11-12 against any 15kIL and you see what happens. Tr has best damage best cc best survivability of all classes not hard to figure out that it absolute HAMSTER when it comes to balance...
  • nerfcc#8605 nerfcc Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I think one if not the best nerf for trs would be cdr on dailys