test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunt lure Trading

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
edited December 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Please make hunt lores BTC or BTA. Players are being expoited by people that can farm massive amount of lures (Where they get the time i can only guess). I saw someone trading t1 lures for 12 SMOP!!!!!!

If you don't want to make it bound then please make it tradeble on the Auction house as that is a much safer place to trade than shady back room trades.

Also Please either make lures/lore components stackable or block the way people are mailing it to them self and placing in their bank.

I know this will propably be ignored but now my concience is clear if i decide in the future to sell lures etc i would know it is WAI and thus legal to do.
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    There was a discussion on preview forums soon after mod 12 was released. Devs stated lures are wai. Trading them is wai. While the ability to stuff multiple copies in mail isn't. But they never did anything to address this issue, hence i assume its not really that of a gamebreaker. Honestly though... Do you really have to complain how other ppl making their money in game? Its not like they are scamming or forcing you to buy. Plenty of players have enough ad & not enough time to bother with grinding lures but still want to hunt. Why shouldn't they? And why shouldn't the rest make some ad of it? Its nice to have options. Shady back room trades? The trade system between players is perfectly safe & widely used. Also the ability to trade means once you unlocked the corresponding campaign tasks you can craft lures for others who still haven't helping your friends\guildies to progress faster. Bottom line is less complaining what other ppl do more playing.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    The problem is people are buying lure(6 X gmop's) from 1 person then dubling the price(12x GMOP's) and reselling it ... this means if it was in ah that will not happen. Players that don't know better gets scammed by this. I don't think the developers are aware of this since the people that get scammed are generally not the type of person that go on redit or this forum.

Unhappy players cannot be WAI.
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Players do have the choice when they buy lures to other players. Either they buy it immediatly high price, either they wait for a better occasion, or they can farm the lure themselves.

People buying low and selling high is the very base of the market, that's how you make profit. If it sells, then it's wanted, otherwise they'd be advertising for months without any person to buy it.
    It's not a scam, because the buyer and the seller agree to a common price, and each part receive what they wanted.

I don't see any issue with that, farming lure is very time-consuming and ultra-boring hence the prices in gmops/smops/umops. It lures were available on AH you'd see the exact same thing happening to other stuff. Someone posted the "item-of-the-moment" for only 300k? Another one will buy it immediatly and sell it for 600k, and will find a buyer without a problem because the item is needed.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    But why prevent ah sales. That is very fishy. AH sales is a great way to keep prices competitive. a player that do not know better have no way of knowing if what is offered is at a reasonable price or not and in most cases it is not.
    a Good example is that i helped a player get his first fang after he was playing chult for 3 weeks .. he simply did not understand the cryptic explanation about how hunts work nad many others are in the same boat. That player is a prime candidate to being ripped off. Just because he does not know better.

The current system is ripe way to exploit new and inexperienced players esp. those that are not English and experience the language barrier

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    mynaam said:

The problem is people are buying lure(6 X gmop's) from 1 person then dubling the price(12x GMOP's) and reselling it ... this means if it was in ah that will not happen. Players that don't know better gets scammed by this. I don't think the developers are aware of this since the people that get scammed are generally not the type of person that go on redit or this forum.

Because you can't go on the AH and buy an item for 100k AD and resell it for 200k AD? Your logic is beyond flawed. Absolutely nothing wrong with people trading items for whatever amount they can get for it. There's no government office here limiting prices on items.

And sorry but I find it hard to believe that any player that has 12 SMOPs they can spend on any item doesn't know enough about the game to know it's a high price to pay.

As for "Unhappy players cannot be WAI." Maybe spend some more time reading all the threads in the forum and seeing the increasingly large number of unhappy players. I would say right now unhappy players is the status quo.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    mynaam said:

This is how capitalism works. I am not for or against lures for sale or bound and its a valid ques

mynaam said:

Because you can't go on the AH and buy an item for 100k AD and resell it for 200k AD? Your logic is beyond flawed. Absolutely nothing wrong with people trading items for whatever amount they can get for it. There's no government office here limiting prices on items.

And sorry but I find it hard to believe that any player that has 12 SMOPs they can spend on any item doesn't know enough about the game to know it's a high price to pay.

As for "Unhappy players cannot be WAI." Maybe spend some more time reading all the threads in the forum and seeing the increasingly large number of unhappy players. I would say right now unhappy players is the status quo.
    Because this is how capitalism works in the free market economy. Make everything unbound and lets see what sells for what then!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    People has been and still are buying low in AH and sell them high in AH. It is happening everyday, every hour and every minute in AH. People has been making their AD worth doing that for ... since day 1. There were people monopolize certain items in AH. They bought all the low price and kept the price high. You did not notice that because that did not show up in chat. Let me put it this way. Who will need all 20 pants made by me? If the same person bought all the pants, it means he may need them (unlikely). However, if this person is selling the same pants in AH, you know why he did that.

I don't like this trade for lure myself. However, indirectly (not necessary by design), it is a pretty good AD sink.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***