test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IWD -- Multiple repeatable quests broken

OK, this is getting ridiculous.

Last week several quests in Dwarven Valley were broken like "Strung up", "Lawful Salvage", or "Plugging Holes". Also, the PvP encounter was permenatly "on" but unplayable. After the server reset it seemed to correct itself. However there are people reporting the problems are back and quests in Icewind Pass are broken as well. For example, I can't harvest the Remorhaz legs after acquiring the Ice Blade. Something is seriously borked in Icewind Dale repeatable quests and needs to be looked at soon.

Comments

• ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    The quest to retrieve 3 troll idols is bugged. I kill the troll mobs but can almost never loot an idol from the floating altar. Yesterday I got the first two idols just fine then had to kill 10+ mobs to get the final idol. Today is even worse, after 40+ mobs I'm still at only 2 idols. Other players don't seem to have this issue today but some did yesterday. Thank you for the personalized bug, Cryptic!

Edit to include more quests that are having problems. Also the PvP Domination event seems permanently stuck.
    Post edited by ontheleftcoast#2086 on
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Seems like the quest objectives from the previous times you do the quest are not resetting, it's the same with the mine shafts.

You have to try to find ones you haven't used since the last server reset, but after a few days you run out.
    Unfortunately one of the two that worked was one I definitely did yesterday. The one under the bridge near where the Demonic Slaughter HE appears. So it's not as simple as "do different ones". Also, a second toon had no trouble with any of the troll idols despite doing the same ones yesterday. It's just borked, like so many things in this game.
  • amaldur01amaldur01 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I'm having the exact same problem with the troll idols for Atonement and mines for Plugging Holes. I noticed three days ago that my contract was no longer active. I signed another contract with the Ten Towns. Since then, every day, fewer and fewer idols and mines were able to be selected until today there were almost none. I see other people getting these items, so it makes me think there is a problem with certain characters. I really hope they address this situation as the quests are not able to be completed.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue with both of my mains and have abandoned and retaken the quest, logged out, exited, etc. and nothing changes it.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    Not only can I not do the attonement quest because of the bug mentioned on another thread, but today I also can't do the spoiled meat quest. There is no meat on the trees...on any of them for me. Anyone else having this happen too?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• bump#4754 bump Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Had the same issue plus Siege Parts were nowhere to be found either!
    edited November 2017
    It can also mess up the quest "Strung Up" and make the meat hanging from the trees unavailable. It doesn't seem to affect all my characters the same. My GWF was having problems but my CW ran the exact same quest with no problems both days. Also, I've noticed the Black Ice Domination seems to be permanently stuck, you can't interact with the gear shaped nodes to trigger the motherload. So it looks like we're hosed until the next server reset. Wonderful.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    yup me too. Looks like dwarven vally quest is bug.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I've had similar issues with quests in Icewind Dale and decided to abandon the quests to start fresh and it was fine after that. A few of them I wasn't able to get back right away, but when I did they were back on track.
  • rhymenoiserhymenoise Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Yesterday Icewind pass was fine for me but all my Dwarven valley quests were broken. Which sucks because I'm only 3 Dwarf gold away from my next boon. Hopefully it's fixed by this maint....
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Not sure it's the quests that are bugged but more the instance you are in. Note the instance for future reference and try to switch to another to see if it helps. It's not a fix but might help you through until it gets addressed.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    We have merged all the threads regarding this.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    reg1981 said:

Not sure it's the quests that are bugged but more the instance you are in. Note the instance for future reference and try to switch to another to see if it helps. It's not a fix but might help you through until it gets addressed.

One of the strange things about Dwarven Valley and Icewind Dale is that they've never allowed you to change instances in there (wrong type of map). Maybe it's because they have PvP in them, I don't know.
  • halusbelcathrahalusbelcathra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I've had trouble with "Lawful Salvage" and "Atonement" quests in Dwarven Valley for a while now and today in Icewind Pass I cannot collect the legs from "The Remorhaz" after retrieving the enchanted blade. I haven't been taking much notice but several times I have held quests from previous day and my contract had expired. After resigning contract the quests became bugged but not sure if this is the cause or just coincidence. Also changing instance would help if there were not a single instance only which I do believe is for pvp numbers, so it's unrealistic to ask for this.
  • giobbogiobbo Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    hi all, the game dont shows me the spoiled meat on the trees so i cant complete the quest.
    i tried to switch from TT to AB and viceversa, i tried to force verify but im still bugged, i can get only 2 dwarf gold per day... i know how this quest works, it is impossible to complete for me, any help?
    thx
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The demon hunter in Caer-Koning is sounding like a dwarf again, also.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • eichbar#2819 eichbar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problems here...it seems like only pc ppl having this..i saw many doing stung up without any problems :(
  • halusbelcathrahalusbelcathra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ditto. My previously bugged quests were fine after this last reset but now "Strung up" and "Heirlooms.." is bugged. lol can't win.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    This bug is a side effect of the fix for Respen's Game and the beholder tank not being interactable sometimes. We have an updated fix for this (hopefully) going out this week.
    miasmat said:

This bug is a side effect of the fix for Respen's Game and the beholder tank not being interactable sometimes. We have an updated fix for this (hopefully) going out this week.

Thanks for letting us know.

It does make me wonder what sort of tangled mess the code must be though if a 'fix' for a problem in a totally different map caused this issue!
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2017
    They share a function that tests if you're allowed to interact with the "same" thing on the "same" map.
    Post edited by miasmat on
    Any other zones having the same issue or just IWD?
  • alaron#5994 alaron Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Saddly enough, I thought I had escaped the bug. That was until I found that a couple of quests (spoiled meat and idols) had the same "unfinishable" status (in dwarven valley). I also found that some NPC's had 1 quest... then after you finished that quest, another popped up.

Good to see there will be a fix soon though! I look forward to returning to Icewind dale get the campaign done.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    I experienced something weird last night. It appears I could not see and interact with the Shaman staff that used to stand on a box. It was not the 'staff' was 'missing' because I saw another player had the animation to pick up the staff that I could not see. I checked 4 places that used to have staff standing. I could not see any. I ended up killing Shaman to get the staff (as drop) to complete the quest.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    miasmat said:

Thanks for the quick turn around on this. I hope you guys can give us a double Icewind currency event soon to help us catch up the missed Dwarven Gold and Auril's Tears.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    miasmat said:

This is not fixed. The DV Stung up and Idol quest are still bugged. It appears once you take the stuff, you can't take it again from the same place again until after the server reset.

e.g. for idol, I could not take idol from that place I took the idol in the previous idol quests day(s) before. Fortunately, there are more than 3 places that I could get idol. However, after completed idol quests twice, I could not obtain idol again in the 3rd idol quest. The "Stung up" quest was done once after Thursday server reset. I could not do that 2nd times this weekend.

Just in case, that was a display issue. I restarted the game client too but it did not help.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

miasmat said:

This is not fixed. The DV Stung up and Idol quest are still bugged. It appears once you take the stuff, you can't take it again from the same place again until after the server reset.

e.g. for idol, I could not take idol from that place I took the idol in the previous idol quests day(s) before. Fortunately, there are more than 3 places that I could get idol. However, after completed idol quests twice, I could not obtain idol again in the 3rd idol quest. The "Stung up" quest was done once after Thursday server reset. I could not do that 2nd times this weekend.

Just in case, that was a display issue. I restarted the game client too but it did not help.
    For some reason there was no patch this week. Hopefully we get this on Tuesday. Sigh..
    The enchanted weaps are bugged too but atleast they drop too.
    edited December 2017
    @miasmat Any update on when this will be fixed?

Update: I just checked the 12/14/17 patch notes and didn't see this listed. Please, please tell me this won't be broken for another week.