test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Continuing Campaigns post Completion

ebriel127ebriel127 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
Hey all,
So I am just starting to wrap up a few of the campaigns with daily quests and wanted to know which, if any, it is worth still revisiting. This means not just 100% but all booms too.
Here are my thoughts. I want to see if they are correct.

Sharandar: skip except the weekly quest to earn some AD. I have enough surplus to make 10 or so Malabog keys.

Dread Ring: do the dungeon for refinements, heroics for Underdark stuff, and the weekly AD quest but skip the rest. I don’t have the top “key” yet but it looks like I just need scrolls which is only given by the quests I already mentioned.

Elemental Evil: skip it. Those dailies were super boring anyway. I have almost broke 10k ilvl so they are way too easy now.

Haven’t finished any others yet so don’t know. I am guessing I would continue the daily for Maze Engine as it gives some AD. I forgot about ToD for a long time so am super behind on that one. I haven’t started any of the others to know yet.

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    That sounds about right. You need to continue killing demons for Underdark, and DR is a good place. So is Well of Dragons. Also don't forget the AD quest in DR.

Most campaigns really aren't that much fun to revisit over and over--I usually farm the hell out of the most recent campaign until the next one comes out. And I do the AD weeklies.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Stonghold progress dictates you go back as well.
  • ebriel127ebriel127 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    No point to farm Sharandar to keep buying Power Points. I assume you’ll normally get enough to max all your skills just as you go. Right?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    In time, yes. It isn't terrible to jump start and fill out the 4th point on your important powers but eventually they will come on their own. It used to be the case that the RP stones that came as quest rewards would easily cover the cost of the task. Not sure if that is still the case.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • drsmilingdogdrsmilingdog Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    You won't max ALL skills without farming for some power points but you should have plenty and I assume most classes have a couple useless powers that you don't really need to worry about maxing out anyway. I know DC's have a few...Sooth for example. I still get the odd power point from filling the xp bar but at this point I just kinda dump them wherever there's a free spot lol :)
    Thanks all. I forgot about the Fey enchantment you can build in Sharandar. I guess I should buy a few more just to get mine up to 10. Though I haven’t checked out the new refinement system that launched on Xbox today, so maybe that changes things.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Weekly AD Quests that you should unlock:

Dread Ring - Red Wizards (takes literally 5 minutes)
    Sharandar - Arcane Reservoir (depending on ilevel, 5-10 minutes)
    Cult of the Dragon (I think) - Protecting the portal (5-10 minutes)
    Underdark - Ballad of Baphomet (5 minutes)
    IWD - Biggrins Tomb (10 minutes)

These offer a good amount of AD once per week (I want to say 6-7k each?), and are fairly easy to solo for most people. Making the rounds to these once a week is about a half hour worth of work and generates very decent AD (especially if you have the bonus). There is also one in the Well of Dragons, but it takes a long time to do and is generally skipped.

If you are strapped for cash but have alts, it would be a decent idea to get them up to the point of being able to do these (I believe it just takes passing the zones entry quests, but I'm not sure).

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The AD bonus for those weeklies is a base of 4500 RAD, 6750 with invoke bonus. Arcane Reservoir, Red Wizards and Biggrin's Tomb do require only the intro quests and maybe returning the following day. Portal to Tuern and Ballad of Baphomet only unlock after completion of their respective campaigns, however.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ebriel127 said:

No point to farm Sharandar to keep buying Power Points. I assume you’ll normally get enough to max all your skills just as you go. Right?

Or for 850 zen you can get 10 points. Not bad for a Knox bought character if you want more PP right from the get go.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Actually the most important one that you might want to do is the Well of Dragons prison quest. Yes, the drop rate of getting the Repentant Cultist is exceedingly rare, so much so that some might see this as their holy grail quest, the bonus it gives is well worth while doing it in my opinion. It is something you cannot buy regardless how much money you have got, that being the case this is a quest worth investing in.
    thanks all