test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Briartwine

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
edited November 2017 in The Militia Barracks
Is there a reason this is not popular among top GWFs? At transcendent it reflects back 6% of damage taken to the attacker. I don't know about Unparalled, but obviously it has to be even better....

I've been using T Soulforged, which looks ghastly and doesn't do that much more than a lesser. Negation looks much worse, and I put some time into my characters' aeshetics.

Early on, before I learned better, I used to use Fireburst, which I still think is the best looking enchantment in the game. Wish it did more. At the time I was a lowbie and really needed a Soulforged or Negation.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Is there a reason this is not popular among top GWFs? At transcendent it reflects back 6% of damage taken to the attacker.

Because Briartwine in PvE is not worth the effort, it either does nothing or trying to use it will get you killed (and dead GWF can't add DPS).

6% of, say, 1000 damage, is not very much, but if mobs are dealing that much damage to you, then you can kill them with no effort anyways.
    6% of Ra Nsi's 450k overhead swing is alot, but at that point, you just get oneshotted.

If you want it for looks, go right ahead, but for general purpose use, there's no point.

• pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    @rjc9000

Is there any kind of armor enchantments rework like they did for weapon enchantments on their radar ?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Don't think so, I haven't read anything which hints that they plan to rework weapon enchants.

• pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    That is to bad , an update or change to some of them to make them relevant or have a use would be nice .
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

6% of, say, 1000 damage, is not very much, but if mobs are dealing that much damage to you, then you can kill them with no effort anyways.
    6% of Ra Nsi's 450k overhead swing is alot, but at that point, you just get oneshotted.

I see your point, It is a shame they don't make these more relevant, there are very few useful enchants. I sold my T SF, bought a Moderate SF, which looks less bad--and the proceeds funded my upgrade to Unparalleled Holy Avenger.