test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New player with questions about queueing for dungeons

Is there any way to get groups for dungeons that are not super twinked? I have yet to find a dungeon group (lvl 27 now) where I don't just run and roll as fast as I can just to fall behind and never see an enemy the entire time. It is really dragging down the game for me because I love dungeons but my experience so far has just been terrible.
Tagged:

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Queue solo. Otherwise you will end up with level 70 toons which will obliterate your enjoyment
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Of course you will have to solo the entire dungeon, but at least its a challenge then
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Sorry, but according to the developers the new system is supposed to "help" you.

Just shows how far the developers are out of touch with the realities of the game. Allowing level 70s to run the leveling dungeons and basically ruin the experience for everyone is a huge mistake.

I can only suggest looking for players in /zone chat around your own level who want to run the dungeons with you.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I don't understand how the experience is unrewarding for you?

I mean, the dev's clearly explained to us, the mass of morons that don't know how to play their game, how the new system would help newer players out.

Older players, because they are extremely patient and generous with their time, would love nothing more than to slowly walk new guys through their dungeons. That's pretty much how it was explained. You must have come across the 1% of players that are only interested in getting their daily AD as quick as possible.

All kidding aside, if you want to run the dungeons slower, you'll need to find likeminded players. Good luck.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    Use zone chat to find 2 other players of similar level. Once you find them right click their name in chat and click "invite to queue group" or you can invite them by typing their name in the queue window and clicking the invite button at the bottom. It will then keep you together when you queue. If there are 3 of you that will fill the queue for the leveling dungeon and thus it won't give you anyone else.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User

Wait...you can solo queue?

Yes, you can solo queue but since it is not random queue, you get no AD.
    People were doing solo queue to do level dungeon to earn AD before mod 12b.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure you'll be one of those players running normal dungeons as fast as possible to save time very soon.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    The level 70's are sort of forced to run the levelling dungeons once a day as that is the biggest AD source currently.

Not only do they destroy the experience for people in the dungeons level, but it is also rather boring for the level 70's to do. No challenge at all.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2017

The level 70's are sort of forced to run the levelling dungeons once a day as that is the biggest AD source currently.

Not only do they destroy the experience for people in the dungeons level, but it is also rather boring for the level 70's to do. No challenge at all.

Indeed. Unfortunately this is an indication that the developers have forgotten the simple fact that the #1 purpose of the game is to provide enjoyment.

Running trivial content over and over, knowing that you are spoiling the fun for someone else is not fun - it just leads to boredom and burnout.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    I do remember them saying they were going to be looking into solutions to the problem, like scaledowns and such.. I know the intention was for the high levels to help the low levels but that just isn't working... maybe if they would only allow 1 lvl 70 with 2 low level entry per party might work better.. I don't tnow.. just throwing things out there :)