Install Arc

An expand/ collapse toggle for the quest journal

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
This is really needed for the Journal:

or have it remember the previous session
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I don't know who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to have the default view of the journal be expanded.

For ages, people complained that it was a pain to navigate the journal. The quests were too many to scroll through quickly (on console it used to take forever in the old journal). There was no sorting. Things seemed to be all over the place.

They did fix many of things and the journal is vastly improved. But the ball was dropped when someone threw out the default expanded view as an idea.

It's like we said "hey we hate scrolling through the journal to find a quest" and the brains in charge said "oh we know, it will be so much easier if everything is grouped. but let's keep all the groupings expanded in case the player isn't smart enough to know what zone his quest in."
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Teeth in my brain start grinding every time I log in and have to close every area... once they are all closed it's much easier to work with and vast improvement from how it was , I would only be guessing but I suspect there might be problems with having all the areas quests collapsed after you log in .. if there was a collapse all button like so many of these kinds of menus have it would make the fact they were expanded by default trivial.
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    A collapse/expand all button would definitely be a big help. The preference for me is if they can get it to collapse on loading in but adding the button is a good alternative. Something needs to be done.

Another pet peeve of mine in the journal (on console at least) is the sorting. If I sort by highest level first I expect the Chult campaign to be up at the top and level 20 content at the bottom. That doesn't happen. Instead the campaigns stay in the same position, but the quests within the campaign sort by highest level. It's not even noticeable in most campaigns since a campaign like Chult is all l70 quests. I only noticed this since the PE quests are for various levels so it would sort these.