test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.90.20171107g.2

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 53 Community Manager
Patch Notes for 11/21 maintenance are now available.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10729664

Comments

• sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Thank you for the Guild changes! Some welcome changes for us micro-managers. Is it in the works to add a donation list like STO has?
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    What have you done to the launcher ? 20 minutes to get as far as patching just flashing up the version number and 3% patched in another 20 mins
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    4GB patch?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    244.5 MB recieived, 42% received now more than an hour on from starting the launcher (normally takes a minute or 2)
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Log exported with the new commands are placed where ?
  • kungomaximokungomaximo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    They should be placed in neverwinter\live folder.

I think you can specify a path too for the log, like c:\logthis.txt
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Was it supposed to be 4 gigs?
    any clue or explanation as to why the patch is so big?
  • sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    If anyone remembers last year we got a huge patch like this before Thanks-Giving too. Not sure why
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence

If anyone remembers last year we got a huge patch like this before Thanks-Giving too. Not sure why

hmm yes, the patch may contain some stuff of the winter event, that's probably why it's so big :o

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I know it's a small change, but I'm glad to see low-level quest flags able to be enabled. It'll give me more motivation to go back and fill in some old zones and save a lot of headaches and questions from newcomers.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    pterias said:

I know it's a small change, but I'm glad to see low-level quest flags able to be enabled. It'll give me more motivation to go back and fill in some old zones and save a lot of headaches and questions from newcomers.

With how stale the mods have been, I may even take my main back to some areas. I think the 1-60 game is still the most entertaining. At least theres some story anyways.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Anyone know why I dropped 186 points on gear score my pets gear isn't chult? went from 13986 to 13802??
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    (Update 11/21/17) The patch notes mention fixing multiple clipping issues with the Deinonychus Mount. The following bugs are things I was hoping would get fixed as part of the clipping issues fix but they didn't. The only one on this list that got fixed is the one I colored green:

Deinonychus Mount, Axe Beak Mount, Giant Strider Mount (Module 12.5 Bugs):

--- These 3 mounts are still not scaled correctly, they are currently bigger than the legendary t-rex mounts.

(Everything colored green has been fixed) --- Characters riding these mounts hover slightly above the saddle when these mounts run. My character is a halfling so unsure if they do this for all races.
    --- These mounts also behave weird when running down stairways, they start making jumping motions and jittering a little bit. I looked at this issue again and the sheer size of these mounts seems to be the cause of their weird behavior on staircases. They seem to fall most of the way to the bottom of the staircase instead of run down it.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I also noticed a few other mod 12.5 bugs with the Deinonychus Mount, Axe Beak Mount, Giant Strider mounts. I just found these bugs today:

--- The axe beak used to have a different jump animation but it has now been replaced with the jump from the Deinonychus mount. In the axe beak's old jump, its wings would spread a little further away from its body and return to normal once it landed. Now its wings do not spread at all except for a brief moment after it has hit the ground. The giant strider mount on the other hand, does not have wings so its unclear whether or not it also had a different jump animation in the past.
    --- The axe beak mount used to have a very distinctive footsteps sound effect that played when it ran. It sounded like pattering/padded footsteps. It is now silent when it runs just like the Deinonychus. The giant strider oddly still has its footsteps sound effect so only the axe beak is effected by this issue. It is also to be noted that the giant strider's footsteps sound effect is similar to the one for the axe beak but not identical. I'm guessing this difference is why the axe beak lost its foot steps sound effect when mod 12.5 launched but the giant strider did not.
    --- The axe beak and giant strider mounts no longer hold their heads in the same pose as they did before module 12.5. Their old pose was identical to eachother and both mounts are effected by this. Their old pose had their neck curled a little more with their heads tilted slightly downwards. Now their heads are tilted slightly upwards and their necks are straighter. Unsurprisingly, their new head pose matches the Deinonychus's head pose.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    First, why was there no "pre-download" for this patch?
    I mean, the patch is big enough, and it would have been really helpfull...

Second, why is the patching speed rather slow compared to other patches? It even seem to have connection issues all the time now, nothing else is running beside the game launcher, but the patching itself still comes to a full stop sometimes.
    I'm about to try one of the patching proxy, to see if that will help...

Edit: The patching proxy isn't working at all, i just get an error message "connection being idle for too long" and that's it.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    Tomb of Nine Gods:

In this patch RAS NSI has started not dropping any loot at all when he is killed, today we had to kill him 4 times before he finally died correctly and spawned the chests...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Players now consistently receive loot from the final boss if they die during a successful attempt.
    I think this fix broke something.

First, multiple people are reporting that the final chests do not appear,

Second, loot on the ground at final boss now sometimes triggers a Need/Greed/Pass roll, which was not the case before.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ryslan#3211 ryslan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Was something changed that increased the CPU or graphics requirements?

I can no longer play due extremely low frame rate and the CPU maxing out. Granted I think I'm below the minimum specs (AMD Phenom II X4, 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, using Radeon HD4200 integrated graphics). Even so, I've used this machine to play for over a year now so am sad it no longer suffices.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @ryslan#3211 said:
    > Was something changed that increased the CPU or graphics requirements?
    >
    > I can no longer play due extremely low frame rate and the CPU maxing out. Granted I think I'm below the minimum specs (AMD Phenom II X4, 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, using Radeon HD4200 integrated graphics). Even so, I've used this machine to play for over a year now so am sad it no longer suffices.

Change your display settings to window node and a lower resolution... then maximize window
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

> @ryslan#3211 said:

> Was something changed that increased the CPU or graphics requirements?

>

> I can no longer play due extremely low frame rate and the CPU maxing out. Granted I think I'm below the minimum specs (AMD Phenom II X4, 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, using Radeon HD4200 integrated graphics). Even so, I've used this machine to play for over a year now so am sad it no longer suffices.

Change your display settings to window node and a lower resolution... then maximize window

Thank you for the suggestion, but I've already tried that. I can barely 'play' by using the absolute lowest settings and using either a tiny window or 800x600 fullscreen. This is enough to allow me to gather my VIP bonus, crafting tasks, and other such simple activities. I have a GT 710 card arriving today which I hope will take off enough load from the CPU that I'll be able to play again. I'll still be underspec'd but am hopeful.

Whatever it is, it wants to use all the CPU I have. My CPU has 4 cores and task manager (or sysinternals process explorer) shows all 4 cores maxing out with Neverwinter processes. Shutting down everything doesn't seem to make a significant difference.

As a point of interest, I now get the startup message about my machine being under specs. I didn't get that before the latest patch.

> @ryslan#3211 said:
    I have a GT 710 card arriving today which I hope will take off enough load from the CPU that I'll be able to play again. I'll still be underspec'd but am hopeful.

Well, the new graphics card not only took care of the problem but I can now run the game in full graphics. It's much, much better now than I've ever seen it. I can't achieve full FPS, but at least I can appreciate all the artwork and effects now. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.