test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fire of the Gods - Feytouched BUG

nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
edited November 2017 in The Temple
Is there an ICD on FotG, and if so does anyone know how it works ?

After hitting a dummy repeatedly with critical hits (both at-wills and encounters), most of the time the in-game combat log tab does not show FotG. It did appear (for instance on my first crit. hit with an at-will) and then did not appear for some time after that.

Here is the illustration of what I mean:

First: https://imgur.com/a/R94y0

Here you can see that both a DG crit and an Astral Seal crit but do not proc FotG. Later, another DG crits and procs FotG.

Second: https://imgur.com/a/Dk096

Here we have examples of DG, DG in divinity and Astral Seal all being critical hits, yet none proc FotG.
Nezdin (DC)
Aelan Icebleed (CW)
Post edited by nezdin#5514 on

Comments

• chiennedeluxechiennedeluxe Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Fire of the Gods is not stackable and refresh with each crit
    Papa Smurf / Uncle Ben --DC
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Fire of the Gods is not stackable and refresh with each crit

I know it does not stack; and it did not refresh with each critical hit (at least on the combat log chat tab) , that is what I describe in the OP. Also, it did not appear for critical hits after the 15 seconds elapsed.
    Post edited by nezdin#5514 on
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
    Edit: added example in OP.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

It's possible they broke it with the last patch that made it not proc on canceled powers. I cannot check it at this time, but I assume that's what happened. Previously it would have refreshed on that Astral Seal hit (assuming you had the fotg feat at the time).

It obviously doesn't proc the damage on every hit, so it should only deal damage once a second, but it definitely should have been applied or refreshed on every critical. There previously was no ICD.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

It's possible they broke it with the last patch that made it not proc on canceled powers. I cannot check it at this time, but I assume that's what happened. Previously it would have refreshed on that Astral Seal hit (assuming you had the fotg feat at the time).

It obviously doesn't proc the damage on every hit, so it should only deal damage once a second, but it definitely should have been applied or refreshed on every critical. There previously was no ICD.
    I am testing on the same character with 5/5 on FotG. The ridiculous thing is that it nearly never procs now. It just procs occasionally, and I don't even know how to trigger it. Once triggered, it seems impossible to refresh it.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I am having trouble replicating this bug. What insignia bonuses etc are you using? I have no issues proccing fire of the gods and it is still refreshing.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
    edited November 2017

I am having trouble replicating this bug. What insignia bonuses etc are you using? I have no issues proccing fire of the gods and it is still refreshing.

After some further testing, it seems that Feytouched is somehow responsible for this.

I use the Teak weapon set with Trans. Feytouched on it.

-First I removed the whole thing and equipped the drowned set: FotG seemed to work fine.
    -Then I re-equipped Teak but removed Feytouched: FotG seemed to work fine.

Exactly what happens and how, I do not know, but equipping Feytouched seems to make the bug replicable (and if not alone, then on the Teak set). Any idea of what may be happening here?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

After some further testing, it seems that Feytouched is somehow responsible for this.

I use the Teak weapon set with Trans. Feytouched on it.

-First I removed the whole thing and equipped the drowned set: FotG seemed to work fine.
    -Then I re-equipped Teak but removed Feytouched: FotG seemed to work fine.

Exactly what happens and how, I do not know, but equipping Feytouched seems to make the bug replicable (and if not alone, then on the Teak set). Any idea of what may be happening here?
    Probably just another feytouched bug.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    That can't be correct. @rjc9000 has repeatedly said that all Feytouched bugs have been fixed. :wink:
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    So is Feytouched glitching procs now?
    Would it for example, glitch Piercing Blades for Combat HR and/or Creeping Death for fury SW?

@kreatyve that's pretty bad, hopefully you can forward that to the devs.

@rjc9000

It looks like Bugtouched is back with all its might.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    per the @jrc9000 report Creeping Death and Piercing Blades do not proc weapon enchants. So maybe those examples do not meet the criteria for this test

As you know DC wasn't included in the weapon enchant tests, so could easily have been overlooked

Although I'd wait for further research before going to crazy

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    > @putzboy78 said:
    > per the @jrc9000 report Creeping Death and Piercing Blades do not proc weapon enchants. So maybe those examples do not meet the criteria for this test
    >
    > As you know DC wasn't included in the weapon enchant tests, so could easily have been overlooked
    >
    > Although I'd wait for further research before going to crazy

I asked as in "would Feytouched stop Piercinng Blasdes/Creeping Death from proccing at all?"
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    To my knowledge, Feytouched didn't stop Jagged Blades, Piercing Blades, Thorned Roots, Shadow of Demise, Creeping Death, or any of the Illuminati stuff from proccing.

I didn't bother to test DC because there's only ~6 or so DPS DCs I can think of, and all of them choose Dread, so no point in calculating...

@darthtzarr did DC tests, so he may know something I don't.

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    > @rjc9000 said:
    > To my knowledge, Feytouched didn't stop Jagged Blades, Piercing Blades, Thorned Roots, Shadow of Demise, Creeping Death, or any of the Illuminati stuff from proccing.
    >
    > I didn't bother to test DC because there's only ~6 or so DPS DCs I can think of, and all of them choose Dread, so no point in calculating...
    >
    > @darthtzarr did DC tests, so he may know something I don't.

@rjc9000 you are loosing your touch... The standard answer is ALWAYS BLAME SHARPE!
    Post edited by niadan on
    edited November 2017
    Given that Feytouched was supposed to be completely "cured" of bugs, would it be possible to forward it to the devs and ask if they could fix this one too ?

@nitocris83 @tripsofthrymr @kreatyve
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)