test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Refinement Points Event! - Details are wrong

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
I'm a little confused.

https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10717374

Bonus Refinement Points starts Thursday, November 22 at 7:30am PT (or after maintenance)

Nov 22nd is a Wednesday.

Also, the launcher says maintenance is tomorrow Nov 21st = Tuesday.

Comments

• kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    The Tuesday maintenance makes sense given that Thursday is a US Holiday (Thanksgiving). But the question of when the event starts is still there ...

The in game calendar shows all the events starting on WED the 22nd ... so I am guessing the announcement is wrong about things starting on Thursday.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    the maintenance is happening Wednesday because of Thanksgiving Holiday
    I think that's maybe how the dates got mixed up

so the event probably will start after it, I would wait for an announcement from the acting CM
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    For further clarity: Is the 40k cap on RP daily? or for the whole event?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

For further clarity: Is the 40k cap on RP daily? or for the whole event?

It appears to be per character (level 70) for the event. I know that makes it much less of a big deal than the old Double RP events, but it is what we have now ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    > @kiraskytower said:
    > For further clarity: Is the 40k cap on RP daily? or for the whole event?
    >
    >
    > It appears to be per character (level 70) for the event. I know that makes it much less of a big deal than the old Double RP events, but it is what we have now ...

Correction...it makes it basically a non-event. I understand the need for a limit i guess but when people used to use double to to basically save millions...hundreds of thousands in today's rp....70k character bound isn't going to really get anyone pumped up.
  • anguskartanguskart Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I assumed it was just a cap on the max you could accrue at one time, but if you use it up and get below the cap you could earn more. At least I hope thats how it works.
    A hard limit of 40k earned and thats it? yes, that makes it a total non-event.
    Especially if it stretches that 40k over the entire 5-6 days. We can easily earn that much with just normal gem drops.
    So where is the "event"?
    edited November 2017
    So its not really an "event" at all then. Just a way to make us fill up our inventories with gems we can't use until its over.
    Post edited by anguskart on
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    40k per character during the entiere event? Well so that's basically a useless "event", it doesn't even grant enough RP to get one enchant from R12 to R13.
    I make way more RP in only one day combining WF, DH and QM, so it won't change anything.

40k for the entiere week-end is absolutly abysmal and reflect yet another bad design choice. Do they even know the amount of RP you need to get one artifact from green to mythic? Or one enchant from 10 to 14? And they're giving us 40k over the week-end, in an event that people were looking for since we won't have double RP anymore?

Stunning really
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    What is this about getting refinment points from killing enemies?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    anguskart said:

So its not really an "event" at all then. Just a way to make us fill up our inventories with gems we can't use until its over.

The event wont give you gems, it will give you small amounts or RP on killing foes, it goes to your RP currency directly...

Like oldbaldyone this isnt a real event this not even close what we used to seva oin 2x RP, btw this event should be replaced with another edition of x2 Enchantments and runes... much better than this one...
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Boooo. Sneaky way to do away with double gems from leadership bags and lockboxes.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    The limit is just on earning from kills. You can refine normally all you want.

Boooo. Sneaky way to do away with double gems from leadership bags and lockboxes.

That would not have been affected by the old event, anyway. Mixing it up with x2 Enchants.

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Why complain? Free RP is Free RP. And it isn't really hard to get non free RP. UES is another story.
    jade1280 said:

What is this about getting refinment points from killing enemies?

To replace the old event, whereby people hoarded zillions of RP stones for the event, they changed the RP system, and this replacement event allows you to get additional RP points (NOT RP stones, gems or runes/enchants) directly into your RP pool by fighting enemies. There is a 40k cap on RP points earned this way, but normal RP refining *should* be unaffected by this cap.

Think of it as Coins of Waukeen, but you get RP instead of Bags. Just fight enemies within (7 ?) levels of your level and it will happen automatically.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    As expected, the event sounds like a poor replacement for 2x refinement. But I'm sure the situation is being monitored and the event will be adjusted as needed over time...yup, pretty, pretty sure this is what will happen... :|
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

You got confused. 2xEnchant will still be available. In fact, you can see that in the calendar. I believe it will be in Christmas time. 2xEnchant is the time you open bags.

This 'event' is to replace 2xRP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Maintenance is tomorrow. The Bonus RP event starts on Wednesday. The 40k cap is per character, over the course of the entire event.

40K is nothing. Do the devs even know how much refinement it takes to refine things? Should be more like 200K. Even then it's not a lot, but at least it would make a dent.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    It takes a bit over 8k per rank for a legendary artifact, so you're looking at 4+ ranks from the event.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited November 2017
    rafaelda said:

anguskart said:

The event wont give you gems, it will give you small amounts or RP on killing foes, it goes to your RP currency directly...
    I know it wont give gems, but the gems we do get will probably also add to the cap so we will have to save them to convert after the event.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    anguskart said:

rafaelda said:

anguskart said:

I know it wont give gems, but the gems we DO normally get will probably also add to the cap so we will have to save them to convert after the event.
    I doubt it. This is a brand new mechanic - giving Rp points directly - so I'm sure they just put a cap on that mechanic. If they put a cap on all RP gains for the event, that would be silly and be the first time in history they actually made it harder to gain the currency that the event is trying to double.

As expected, the event sounds like a poor replacement for 2x refinement. But I'm sure the situation is being monitored and the event will be adjusted as needed over time...yup, pretty, pretty sure this is what will happen... :|

With the new refinement system, and green gear EASILY refinable now, you should be getting MORE RP.

kreatyve said:

Maintenance is tomorrow. The Bonus RP event starts on Wednesday. The 40k cap is per character, over the course of the entire event.

40K is nothing. Do the devs even know how much refinement it takes to refine things? Should be more like 200K. Even then it's not a lot, but at least it would make a dent.
    Since this is BONUS RP for just doing what people do anyways, methinks thou doth protest too much.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Agree with litaaers... with the new refining system that alows faster leveling of items (at least up to orange level) a bonus 40k of refining points just for killing things you would normally kill anyway is a welcome bonus.. makes me think perhaps folks do complain just for the sake of complaining
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    1. They lowered RP Requirements in a way, that you need only about 1/2 as before, making it 2xRP all the time.

2. The double Enchantment Events are still happening, and they do not only affect Enchantments but ALL RP Stones.

3. While you get RP during this event, you still will get RP Stones as before, so it's an additional bonus.

As you see, you actually get more than in "the good ol' times". Exactly up to 40k RP per character during a set timespan for killing enemies (which you probably would also be doing without this event).

Also, this IS an event. It actually says "If you do task X during the next Y days, you will get Z". That is exactly the same as Waukeen or Tymora. Just with a cap.

So please stop being so entitled.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    40K RP may not be a lot. However, 40K as a cap may be a big cap because I don't know how many RP we can get per kill. If it is a ONE RP per kill, this cap is not easy to reach in 6 days.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    woot pay to win event i like these now i just need 50 leadership alts that are lvl 70 and i can get something from this event