test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does anyone really like the Random Queues?

1235»

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Well, they are lucky there is a real lack of PvE-focused, casual/solo-friendly, F2P, fantasy-themed RPGs right now - otherwise I am sure many players would have left for something else.

As I have said before - I am feel annoyed and demotivated. the RQs annoy several large groups of players and basically reward undesirable behavior. There are so many things they could have done to accomplish their stated goals without introducing this pile of smelly HAMSTER, but all our suggestions were ignored.

Add to that the abysmal drop rate for the UES, and that fact that I will need to grind ToNG for 2500 hours to get back to BiS status, and yea...no wonder my enjoyment has dropped.

Is anyone surprised I am not buying Zen this time around? No, I'm not calling for a general boycott - but for me, the game is a way to have fun, and if the developers make decisions that take the fun away, the game will not get my money - as simple as that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I now run this workaround: do the skirmish, levelling dungeon and then join the ERQ and so far [touch wood] its been something we can complete. I did die in VT when the boss was at half hit points, but the last two toons alive saw it through. if I get FBI or MSP then I will just offer to leave so no one else takes the hit.

SO I get some RAD and then its a gamble on the last bit of ERQ :)
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    UPDATE: last two Epic Random Dungeons have been FBI.

First time we were 3 c13kiL and 2 c11.5iL we failed epickkly with the first MOB group..

We tried a handful of times and I was almost interested in trying new tactics rather than CHARGE IN AND TRY AND DPS EVERYTHING but I realised that through the typed party chat system that wasnt going to work. There was a player who seemed to know what to do but otherwise it was a sad experience all round.

Second time I just lolled at the iL while the rest of the party swore a bit so I took the hit and left. 1 c14.5kiL, 1 c13k iL and 3 c11.5iL.

• nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Personally I don't like the whole idea of forcing us to run dungeons for AD in either normal or random dungeons.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    nemesrich said:

Personally I don't like the whole idea of forcing us to run dungeons for AD in either normal or random dungeons.

Just curious then, how should new players earn AD? Keep in mind they can't salvage either.

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Random, my Hamster!

FBI, Master of the Hunt 80% of the time :(

Would be better if it actually was random
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

Random, my Hamster!

I get master of the hunt if my team has plenty of DPS, PoM if it doesn't, ToDG randomly.

• rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User

lantern22 said:

Random, my Hamster!

I get master of the hunt if my team has plenty of DPS, PoM if it doesn't, ToDG randomly.

I love Master of the Hunt. It's the fastest one to run now and over in just a few minutes. Starting to HATE Illusionist Gambit, esp. when the leavers get out voted 3/2 to stay longer.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Ok, where to begin.
    Imagine this: you go to a restaurant, it looks nice and has a nice atmosphere. The waiter show you to your seat, and hands you a menu.
    When you open it up, you see that most of the items are marked in red, so you ask what that is about, and the waiter replies:
    "Oh, those are all the dishes you can't have yet. You can only have fish the first 40 times to are here."

Please consider taking msp and fbi out of the epic queue.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User

Please consider taking msp and fbi out of the epic queue.

I see this asked for over and over again. I wonder, other than the development team, does anyone like them in the Epic RQ?

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I i run randoms on two toons one after the other, I often get exactly the same dungeons. I've got FBI 4 or 5 times in a row before.