test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Illusionist's Gambit Skirmish 9 times out of 10

rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User
I have a couple of low level toons I am raising and it seems like the random skirmish ends up being the Illusionist's Gambit 9 times out of 10. Nothing wrong with this skirmish in the rotation but if I was new to the game and got dumped into that everyday I might quit the game. I mean there is very little in team dynamics here, if you are rear support you are just as likely to die from a hoard of gelatinous cubes and you are so busy trying to survive yourself you can't really support your melee classes and your melee guys argo is not really pulling in the hoards.

Then if you die you have to run the gauntlet and if you suck at that it just frustrates you as you have to start over and over and over again. And if people vote to stay in and you want to leave, well, FU, you are stuck. Then there are those who would actually want to do it and go all three levels but get voted out by the AD grinders.

Just a bad choice for random skirmish and are REALLY bad choice over and over and over again.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Doesn't help that everyone seems to want to go gold each time, either.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Can I trade random skirmish queues with you?

I get Throne and Prophecy 24/7, but I rarely get IG...
    And I'm one of the weirdos who wants IG Gold.

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    And I keep getting Master of the Hunt more than anything else haha.

I'd also like to get IG a little more often (and would likely vote to gold)
  • kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Had IG three times in the past week. Gold twice but today I has the highest item level and I'm just below 10,000. Rest were around 7000 so it took ages just to do bronze. Was quite pleased when everybody then left it at bronze. The fun of random.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The good news for those that don't want to go gold but get stuck in groups that vote for it, is that a wipe still gives you the RQ Astral Diamonds, so while it may be wasting your time (sure, go gold in a 5 DPS party!) at least you won't lose your income.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Probably just bad luck or streak. For me, I get ToDG the most, like half the time (could be worst, could be PoM).

IG is very annoying in that many people want to go for gold. Whenever I was paingiver by a wide margin, like out-dps all the others combined, and the group tries to "force" me to get gold for them, I just wipe and AFK. I'll get my daily AD when the rest of the group wipes.

Tip for all the gold runners out there, pre-make your group with other gold runners. Most people coming from RQ only want the daily RAD.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    The most I got so far is Master of the Hunt.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • anguskartanguskart Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Under 70, its ALWAYS IG. Every single time. And going for gold then is a waste because you get nothing for it and most PUGs cant handle it anyway.

At 70, I dont mind IG, and going for gold actually gives decent rewards.

I asked about this in a dev thread and got the same old song and dance about being grouped with people qeueuing for normal skirmishes and not random. That completely fails to explain why its always IG, unless there is a vast number lof under 70 toons queuing for IG 24 hours a day.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    It all depends on how many letters you have in your name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    anguskart said:

Under 70, its ALWAYS IG. Every single time. And going for gold then is a waste because you get nothing for it and most PUGs cant handle it anyway.

I asked about this in a dev thread and got the same old song and dance about being grouped with people qeueuing for normal skirmishes and not random. That completely fails to explain why its always IG, unless there is a vast number lof under 70 toons queuing for IG 24 hours a day.

The skirmishes available under level 70 are gated by level and it will be far easier for the queue to grab 5 people and throw them into IG than to wait forever for 5 people of just the right range to get Gatecrashers or whatever. While there is overlap in the leveling skirmishes, it would take too long to get just the right mix for one of those when the queue can just dump everyone into IG.
    Then its not really "random" at all if the level ranges force it into the same choice every time.
    Obviously they need to adjust the level ranges. I'd much rather be put into lower level skirmishes than IG every single time. Im not exaggerating, it really is every single time, without fail. At least until I hit 64 and open up Master of the Hunt.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I seem to get Master of the Hunt every time 16k cw. So I purposely try to get changed into an animal each time gathering groups of mobs just for luls.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I actually got a skirmish the other day which I had never done before.

Which was nice.
  • manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    anguskart said:

So I believe this is queued up more frequently for the Fleece which is awarded to unlock the River District Weapons. I cannot speak for all of them but I wanted the Mirage Set for both my CW and my SW and you require +- 35 fleece for both weapons which equates to around 70 runs for two characters which need to be queued...and I am sure I am not the only one who wants the Mirage (because running a puppet + a paranoid delusion + 3 other me's is just to irresistible :) )

The more people queue for the same skirmish the more likely you are to get it. And the polite thing to do is vote NO to leave after bronze and then YES the second time because quitting on silver makes no sense - just saying.

edited November 2017
    I believe the fleece isnt awarded in the under 70 IG, only in the master version at 70. I dont think thats the reason, or else people are queuing under 70 for rewards that dont exist in that version.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    hah !

gateway closed ppl selling comp gear funny price :D

i dont understand "IG" drop rate extremly rare...
    > @anguskart said:
    > Then its not really "random" at all if the level ranges force it into the same choice every time.
    > Obviously they need to adjust the level ranges. I'd much rather be put into lower level skirmishes than IG every single time. Im not exaggerating, it really is every single time, without fail. At least until I hit 64 and open up Master of the Hunt.

The Devs have regularly acknowledged that it is only completely random if you queue as a full party. Otherwise, it will add you to whatever unfilled queue it has open or just find something that the first 5 players can all do (IG).

People have been asking for the ability to do lower level skirmishes for a long time, so maybe change will happen someday.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    One would que for IG for many reasons. Fleece as being one of those or to try and obtain epic companion gear. I my self que up for this skrimish at the end of the day when all my stuff is done and nothing to do. No keys to use so no point in doing epics. I still do need epic companion gear so why not waste my time running IG? You still get rewards regardless. AD as well as stones to convert for RP.
    To be fair I really do not see why low item level toons dont run IG for the RP and the gear that drops.
    I assume if one has enough AD to buy the epic gear then sure.
    I my self do not mind IG and I always vote gold regardless because like another stated even if it fails going for gold you still get rewarded.
    I don't mind doing IG gold except I was not send to do IG most of the time. My toon were send to do Master of the Hunt.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited November 2017
    b4t1b4t said:

One would que for IG for many reasons. Fleece as being one of those or to try and obtain epic companion gear.

Under 70 IG gives none of those rewards.
    Under 70 IG gives junk. One uncommon random gear and a very low amount of XP.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    I tend to get a fairly random mix of skirmishes myself.. really wish they would put Prince's Folly back in soon.. other than the T-rex version it wasn't all that hard

I tend to get a fairly random mix of skirmishes myself.. really wish they would put Prince's Folly back in soon.. other than the T-rex version it wasn't all that hard

MPF recently has been a bit of a nightmare. I was goign to post a new thread about it but ... I think the iL for it is now way too low. I ran with 4 toons who could only have scraped the iL and frankly it was a disaster from beginning to end. It was the Juan Ti version which didnt help. After 10 minutes trying I gave up after tryign to solo about 30 mobs to get the engineer to the end as one player was trying to tank the Trex [good man!] and the other three just didnt have the dps or survivability or common sense to stay away from the trex. Sadly that is becoming the norm now pugging and its just not funny anymore.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User

I have a couple of low level toons I am raising and it seems like the random skirmish ends up being the Illusionist's Gambit 9 times out of 10. Nothing wrong with this skirmish in the rotation but if I was new to the game and got dumped into that everyday I might quit the game.

Once I received Illusionist's Gambit a couple of times in row and have never gone back to RQ for Skirmish ever sense. It was the single worst experience in this game I have had. Going in without any context or even a single clue as to what I should do to help meant I died super quick and was useless to the team as I spent the rest of my time trying to return to the skirmish.

Not fun at all.

edited November 2017

I have a couple of low level toons I am raising and it seems like the random skirmish ends up being the Illusionist's Gambit 9 times out of 10. Nothing wrong with this skirmish in the rotation but if I was new to the game and got dumped into that everyday I might quit the game.

Once I received Illusionist's Gambit a couple of times in row and have never gone back to RQ for Skirmish ever sense. It was the single worst experience in this game I have had. Going in without any context or even a single clue as to what I should do to help meant I died super quick and was useless to the team as I spent the rest of my time trying to return to the skirmish.

Not fun at all.

The context is just like certain CTA. Kill whatever you see and stay alive.
    There are 3 stages. If you finish all 3 stages, you get gold.
    In the end of each of the first 2 stages, people can vote if they want to continue.
    When you are in the arena, the info board tells you what kind of added 'complication' the arena will punish you such as rock from the sky, fire blower, turn you to chicken, etc.

So no chance to work as a team at all, just a free-for-all and hope you do not die?

edited November 2017

So no chance to work as a team at all, just a free-for-all and hope you do not die?

If you PUG, do you really expect team work? Do you expect team work in RQ skirmish at all. You can have 5 DPS in that RQ Skirmish. If you are doing support, you can still do whatever healing, shield, whatever you want. When I play OP, I bring up the shield in the break to heal. If somebody drops, I revive them, etc. Basic stuff. Not sure what more team work is needed. It is just like a HE you run into.
    It is one of the few places where a healer (and/or damage mitigation) is useful but beyond that it is a free for all and heavily favors ranged classes. It isn't a great design by any stretch, being either sleep or rage inducing with no middle ground.
    edited November 2017

If you PUG, do you really expect team work? Do you expect team work in RQ skirmish at all.

Do I expect it? No, too many folks who think PUG means "only think of yourself and no one else". Have I experienced cooperation in the RQ Dungeons? Yes I have. Could it happen in the RQ skirmish? Don't know. I have not been back after the two runs of Illusionist's Gambit.

EDIT: Fixed Spelling Error

edited November 2017

If you PUG, do you really expect team work? Do you expect team work in RQ skirmish at all.

Do I expect it? No, too many folks who think PUG means "only think of yourself and no one else". Have I experienced cooperation in the RQ Dungeons? Yes I have. Could it happen in the RQ skirmish? Don't know. I have not been back after the two runs of Illusionist's Gambit.

EDIT: Fixed Spelling Error

For IG, everybody is in the same area. Everybody can just do basic stuff without too much coordination. DC can AA and HG. OP can bring up the shield. DPS does their DPS. It is like asking what kind of teamwork to face the dragon in elol. Do basic stuff. Kill stuff, stay alive, revive if you can. Nothing special. You do the same thing when you do a HE.
    edited November 2017
    Deleted incorrect HAMSTER