test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2000z for broken Seals of the brave promotion

diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
I know i said that i wouldn't post here anymore but this matter bother me and many people in our guild/alliance.

I did not see any communication anywhere about this 2000z compensation for a broken event.

So the event was broken, you refunded the seals used during this period and you even made an other event 50% pretty fast.
So just with that moves, things are ok imho...

BUT some people are getting 2000z as compensation, it is way beyond nice and at the very least so unsual from Cryptic and very very very VERYYYYY generous just before black friday...

If i knew something like that could happen i would have spent all my seals of the brave during during broken week end to get these 2000z.

As much as it is nice from you, this game is broken on so many things (Rockotober for some exemples),our class SW is even more broken and we never got any form of compensation...

i can't understand at all what justify 2000z for an even that was already corrected.

So i'm not saying, people should not get compensation but it is very unfair for all the others players...

As a dc i help so many of my friends guildies to run as much as possible to9g for seals before the event start.
I feel robbed to not get that 2000z too...

Can't you do something so that all of us could get these 2000z too ?
That would be fair to be honest in regard of everything that is wrong in this game and all the recent moves you made ( key gate, bonding nerf, rabdom queues, ect... ) and show you really care about us...

Comments

• diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I must say i'm very surprised...
    We have loads of threads pages for many tiny problems, nothing here...

Not a single reaction at all ?
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    It's something like this:

" My train was delayed and train company owes me compensation. But it's unfair for all those who were traveling during this day and their trains were not delayed..let's pay back everyone!"

It just don't make sense..you did not spend any seal and thus you were not affected. How it's unfair to you? They saved their seals and this game bug negatively affected their play. Yes there are issues where Cryptic should also make the same compensation. But those are seperate problems. So I would be just happy that Cryptic decided to react in such way and hope they will be generous with next issues as well. Let's not go overboard.
    edited November 2017
    > @muminekm#3459 said:
    > It's something like this:
    >
    > " My train was delayed and train company owes me compensation. But it's unfair for all those who were traveling during this day and their trains were not delayed..let's pay back everyone!"
    >
    > It just don't make sense..you did not spend any seal and thus you were not affected. How it's unfair to you? They saved their seals and this game bug negatively affected their play. Yes there are issues where Cryptic should also make the same compensation. But those are seperate problems. So I would be just happy that Cryptic decided to react in such way and hope they will be generous with next issues as well. Let's not go overboard.

Nope, you did not read what i said.

In your exemple, you miss train, you'll miss wedding, holydays, you can be late for work if you miss an important meeting, maybe fired or something...
    It's a video game, nothing to compare with real life.

How not being able to use your seals this weekend in particular was a problem when it was refunded and the event ran again just a few days after ?

Do i have to remind you that people will run to9g for UE until they puke ? They'll have loads of seals...
    I don't run that much to9g and i have most of m alts full 500 chult gear...(PS4)

There was other fails way more problematic than this one never compensated at all...

So be honest, how it was that bad that it justify 2000z compensation ?

I saved my seals too but i saw right away that it wasnt working for seals of the brave so i did not use them.
    Many people used them knowing it wasnt working because it wasnt such a big deal, they already had plenty of them...

There was zero communication on boards exept a mail ingame.

You remenber starlight fail where the devs themselves spent days fixing the problem account per account character by character instead of enjoying their weekend ? No compensation at all.

Again put aside people compensated or not, we are not talking about a free rubis or green mount but 2000z, it's 20€ !
    With black friday next week 2000z = almost 4000z...
    4 months of vip or several coalescent wards for exemple.
    So yeah it's unfair for all the others players and yes i feel robbed.

Only selfish people would not reconize what i'm trying to say.
    Because in the end, you are saying you deserve 2000z for seals already refunded but not anyone else.
    On my side, i say a compensation is normal but 2000z is such an insane compensation for such a small matter that it is unfair for all others players.
    Post edited by diloul#3484 on
  • tilrod2tilrod2 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    It is an unfair compensation, because of two reasons.
    1. a player who collected 200 seals during this event was unable to buy a piece of gear though he should have.
    2. pc-players never had such an event. you can say: they have double seals instead, but this is not the same.

Lets compare the the two scenarios of 2.
    Assume you collect 400 seals (weakly limit) in a weak.
    An console player can buy 2 pieces of gear.
    An pc-player instead can buy only 1 piece.

So why is such a high compensation fair?
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I think it was only paid to those who didn't notice that the seal price was not halved and spent seals assuming it was part of the sale. I too want free zen but I didn't ride the slow train that day so I don't get compensated for not being there. Overall I am fine with it...it is very generous and I am a bit jelly, but not that much.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • tilrod2tilrod2 Member Posts: 36 Arc User

I think it was only paid to those who didn't notice that the seal price was not halved and spent seals assuming it was part of the sale. I too want free zen but I didn't ride the slow train that day so I don't get compensated for not being there. Overall I am fine with it...it is very generous and I am a bit jelly, but not that much.

I think ist there fault, if they spend the full price. And i have never seen an official comment before the event, that the seals of the brave are part of the discount. Can someone quote this statement, if i have overseen it?
    edited November 2017
    Not to mention, many of us had the bug where you die just before killing the last boss and you can't open the chests.

No seals refunded, no compensation, nothing. And for that matter it's a pure lost of seals.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I have zero issue with the company compensating players that actually spent their seals during the event.

I do however think that 2000 zen is a ridiculous compensation package for this considering that:

1) it was pretty obvious the sale was broken and the items were not discounted
    2) if you were on console, the fact that the seal event was busted on PC was pretty well known so we kind of knew it was almost certainly going to be busted when it hit consoles
    3) there are so many issues that have gone wrong in this game that have been ignored, players have never been compensated for, etc etc
    4) some of those people that were compensated were people that probably didn't care about the discount to being with and were going to spend seals regardless. So yeah, here's 2000z for just doing what you do.

So yeah, while I don't have any issue with the people being compensated, I do feel the compensation was a bit ridiculous lol.