test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear for my paladin.

jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
edited November 2017 in The Citadel
Okay guys console mortal here.

So, I have this weakling alt paladin I want to gear up with primal armor as there's the 50% off seals the brave going on now.

I will spec him to rock the current meta but here's the thing, I wonder if there's a sweet spot between hardcore powersharing and personal dps (I want the paladin to have 100% crit without depending on consumables), like tac GF vs conq GF in the sense the latter is better than the former as the sheer damage output outweights the slightly better ITF of tac GF.

I don't think I will bother with rex corona anytime soon (maybe for my SW though) so, for now, I think I'm going full primal.

Would it be better to go with the power crit variants or should I sacrifice a lot of crit to get the most power out of primal gear? I have a guise of the wolf clan on my GF's bank but I see it has no crit, the way I see it is I'd like to see that pally powersharing well but also obliterating stuff to help team with dps :)

Edit:

Just remembered about the guide posted here and it looks like it isn't that bad if I go full power crit with the primal gear especially if considering my paladin hardcore low level and has wrong stuff on, I made it to help my first guild with tanking and built it based on guildies' suggestion back then in permabubble days. That extra crit from primal definitely would help I think.

What do you guys run on your endgame paladins and how good is your dps?
Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on

Comments

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Hardcore powersharing is the best for personal dps. You can reach 100% crit without sacrificing any power share (I don't count Assassin's Covenant from using Deflect gear because it's not that much power).

Use Guise of the Wolf Clan + 3/4 Primal with Power/Crit. And to reach 100% crit use full Azures on companion. You can't go wrong with prioritizing your stats by RI to cap, Power/HP on character, Crit/Arpen on companion, Crit to 100%.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    > @trzebiat#2067 said:
    > Hardcore powersharing is the best for personal dps. You can reach 100% crit without sacrificing any power share (I don't count Assassin's Covenant from using Deflect gear because it's not that much power).
    >
    > Use Guise of the Wolf Clan + 3/4 Primal with Power/Crit. And to reach 100% crit use full Azures on companion. You can't go wrong with prioritizing your stats by RI to cap, Power/HP on character, Crit/Arpen on companion, Crit to 100%.

Oh that's very interesting, OP has quite a different way to get those stats then!
    What would you recommend for artifacts by the way?
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Force of Will 3/3 heroic feat is a must. Free crit from CHA.

DC Sigil/Wheel of Elements as main. Orcus Shard for set bonus, artifacts with both Power and HP for stats (GWF Sigil, Eye of the giant, Vanguard's Banner, Wheel of Elements, OP Sigil).

Force of Will 3/3 heroic feat is a must. Free crit from CHA.

DC Sigil/Wheel of Elements as main. Orcus Shard for set bonus, artifacts with both Power and HP for stats (GWF Sigil, Eye of the giant, Vanguard's Banner, Wheel of Elements, OP Sigil).

Thank you! Those seem easy to get, especially the GWF sigil xD
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I use Rex Corona, Primal Ward Chest (Power/Crit) and Primal Restoration hands and feet (also Power/Crit). This x2 RP I will be adding the Orcus set and the eye of the Giant to go with my GWF and Devoted Sigils.

I currently have two Primal rings on my companion and and a curse bringers with all Azures so my companion is mostly crit, ArmPen and a little recovery. I am nervous because I will be losing ArPen and recovery with my gear changes though I know recovery is expendable now. If I add another 480 assault ring to my companion my ArPen will be fine. My worry is how hard 12b will further hit my ArPen, so I am saving a set of bonespur boots just in case. I am not as impressed with the Primal boot AP gain as I thought I would be.
  • elmeister#2511 elmeister Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I use wolf guise, 3 primals, gwf sigil, eye, key of fragmented stars and orcus shard, 2xhellig on character, primal/hunter/ig crit arpen on con artist. This lands me to about 240k hp and 45k shareable power, just recently dropped one azure from comp since i was at 107% crit.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I also have the wolf guise and 3x Primal. I have 2 Primal rings on myself (Power & Recovery) and 3 on my con artist (2x Crit/Recovery and 1 Crit/Armor Pen).

I'll probably be switching to the Orcus set next week (already bought it). I have the Fey weapons with a T Feytouched.
    On artifacts, I've not gone the full HP route - I have the DC, GWF & CW sigils and a Symbol of Fire.

I'll prob swap one out for the Orcus shard and I'm leaning toward swapping out another, possibly for the Wheel but I'm undecided. If so, I'll have DC, GWF, Orcus, Wheel.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    @elmeister#2511 @armadeonx

Thanks for your replies guys, that's some pretty solid advice there! I think now I know better what to do B)

Do you guys run a 10% debuff companion + 3 or 4 +% damage ones?
    I have a con artist as summoned and my active ones are Earth & Air Archons, Siege Master and an Energon - so that's 3 damage increasers, one for HP and of course the debuff from the con artist.

> @armadeonx said:
    > I have a con artist as summoned and my active ones are Earth & Air Archons, Siege Master and an Energon - so that's 3 damage increasers, one for HP and of course the debuff from the con artist.

That sounds like a pretty solid set up, thanks! I wonder how the Energon would do vs another +% damage companion assuming teammates help to benefit from it fully (like War Boar and Tamed Velociraptor) but then again it is not always possiblw to run with the same people, the Energon therefore looks like a pretty good choice by virtue of always working.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Just fyi, energon and toughnes feat on CW interact to the negative with energon causing you to have to unslot then reslot energon to get a little extra hp. Not familiar with OP heroic feats, so if you have a similar heroic feat this may be helpful info...if not...sry for the short interruption lol.
    Post edited by niadan on
    Yep it gives about 11k HP which means 1.1k power plus the AoC bonus. I would consider a situational swap out for extra debuff if the situation warranted it but only if it worked for the DPS players in a team, e.g. Jagged Dancing Blade, but it's only really relevant in T3 runs where you stand there long enough to warrant it.

> @armadeonx said:
    > Yep it gives about 11k HP which means 1.1k power plus the AoC bonus. I would consider a situational swap out for extra debuff if the situation warranted it but only if it worked for the DPS players in a team, e.g. Jagged Dancing Blade, but it's only really relevant in T3 runs where you stand there long enough to warrant it.

And that extra power improves your sharing capacity as well, interesting. How does that Jagged Dancing Blade though? I thought that companion's debuff only worked for itselt but then again Neverwinter tooltips aren't reliable.
    Yeah I'm not entirely sure if it's just for the companion, the tooltip says "Active Bonus: Affects Companion
    5% chance to reduce target's Defense." but I would assume it means the companion's attacks reduce the enemy's defence in the same way that the con artist debuffs a target, in other words, everyone benefits. If it doesn't work that way then it's completely useless lol.

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I'll probably be switching to the Orcus set next week (already bought it). I have the Fey weapons with a T Feytouched.
    On artifacts, I've not gone the full HP route - I have the DC, GWF & CW sigils and a Symbol of Fire.

I'll prob swap one out for the Orcus shard and I'm leaning toward swapping out another, possibly for the Wheel but I'm undecided. If so, I'll have DC, GWF, Orcus, Wheel.

I have that set on and I am thinking about going back to Valhalla set, unless you have a burn build, the orcus set just doesn't seem right for the protection build.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
    I don't actually use a set atm, I have the con belt and a Greater Imperial Dragon neck. I don't feel the need for added protection from Valhalla or Protectors so I'm cool with more damage. Bear in mind I am 16.3k now so this may not be the case for lower specced players.

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I ran the tia set, the no set con belt, demo set and valhalla. By far my favorite set up was valhalla, and not really for me, but the damage reduction is great for the party. Everything that hits you (and you get hit a lot as the tank) does less damage...I am just a scrubby 15.3 wearing rank 7 utilities ;)

I wish I could keep both sets but I don't think I can swing the 8 million RP to keep the Orcus neck and belt around...but maybe I should just in case.

TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
    It's worth having the set ready for the next mod maybe - the ability to drop RP points into your inventory is a nice move!

edited November 2017
    > @armadeonx said:
    > Yeah I'm not entirely sure if it's just for the companion, the tooltip says "Active Bonus: Affects Companion
    > 5% chance to reduce target's Defense." but I would assume it means the companion's attacks reduce the enemy's defence in the same way that the con artist debuffs a target, in other words, everyone benefits. If it doesn't work that way then it's completely useless lol.

I think I saw @rjc9000 stating somewhere that skiñl affect tjhe companion only so not a good option xd

I agree with you on Orcus set, have run with a few paladins who can hit very hard, it is hands down bis, no set bonus can compete with that sweet dps bonus that makes boss fights shorter. Those multimillion divine judgements are a cool thing to see in both trash killing and boss fights, I laugh when I see them poor mobs getting 1 shotted by that thing, it never gets old lol.
    Yeah I put on and levelled up the set yesterday, also got a legendary tyrannosaurus mount as the prices were lower.

I ran an msp a short while ago, my damage is definitely up and no loss of tanking ability ;)

• thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I just converted to Orcus set as well. I haven't done enough dungeon runs with a consistent group to notice an increase in group, but I definitely feel it doing dailies.

For companions I use Con Artist, Fire Archon, Earth Archon, Siege Master and Energon. I know Air would be better, but I took my Fire to legendary back when Fire Archons were the Bee's Knees. Not going to sideline a legendary companion. (I have 3, Fire, Con and Siege).
    edited November 2017
    > @armadeonx said:
    > Yeah I put on and levelled up the set yesterday, also got a legendary tyrannosaurus mount as the prices were lower.
    >
    > I ran an msp a short while ago, my damage is definitely up and no loss of tanking ability ;)

Ya Orcus set bis without question, just wait to see your Divine Judgement vs enemies low on hp when buffs are up B)