test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forums are boring now that October is over

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
I miss bugfest. Anyone have suggestions on threads to follow atm? Or Devs / Julia, is there anything happening at the moment that we can get, or should be, involved in? And yes, I watch the dev tracker!

The current topics are the same over and over, random queues and T9G mark drops. I have no issues with either and don't feel like jumping on that bandwagon :)

Comments

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Agreed. There is the warlock Mod13 changes thread but it looks like the devs are done with this too.

All we can do is wait for a Mod13 build to hit preview.

I'm hoping for a Trickster Rogue rework thread but It probably won't happen before several months.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Well, last month was Bugtober (or ROCKTOBER!!!). I think next month could be QoLcember where we throw quality of life improvements at the devs by the hamster-load and they actually implement some of them!
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Forums have been boring for a long time. Most discussions with any real passion or "flavour" get surgically adjusted until they are nothing but vanilla.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    October was incredibly time consuming for the team and now they are deep into M13-M14 work while also dabbling in M15 stuff. And working on live-ops issues such as player feedback from Swords of Chult. The Holiday season also gets a bit strange with a lot of people taking vacation due to Thanksgiving and then the week break we have at the end of December. Early next year brings M12b to Console and then M13 some time later.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,174 Arc User

Early next year brings M12b to Console and then M13 some time later.

Console player will not like that but well ...
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    A certain someone could start featuring Foundry quests and posting about them in the forums...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

October was incredibly time consuming for the team and now they are deep into M13-M14 work while also dabbling in M15 stuff. And working on live-ops issues such as player feedback from Swords of Chult. The Holiday season also gets a bit strange with a lot of people taking vacation due to Thanksgiving and then the week break we have at the end of December. Early next year brings M12b to Console and then M13 some time later.

Vacations!!! What the what? Who left the keys to the shackles lying around?

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

A certain someone could start featuring Foundry quests and posting about them in the forums...

Foundries are still broken from the mod patch :cry:
  • castorius#3986 castorius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi,

So regarding Mod12b not arriving on Xbox this year. (I main a TR)

So the bugfix for Lurkers Assault won't be fixed until then? I am only asking because it's rather annoying to suddenly not being allowed to enter stealth during a fight. Of cause if you deem it a higher priority to fix some visual issues with a lake in Protectors Enclave, I will wait with patience. Don't worry about it. I mean... it's not like it is a major part of my damage kit anyway...
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User

The way I see it, there is a public demand for pushing more resources into bug fixing than new content. I could be wrong but there is a really easy way to find out. Send ingame mail to all acounts with the following poll. Should we:

a. Assign more resources to bug fixing, delaying the development of new content.
    b. Assign more resources to content development, dealing with bugfixing whenever some time is found.
    c. Maintain resource balance between new content and bugfixing.

Gather the replies provided from players in a 15 days timeframe and see for yourself what the majority wants. My estimation is answer a. will have a big gap from the other two but only the actual poll would reveal the truth.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Gather the replies provided from players in a 15 days timeframe and see for yourself what the majority wants. My estimation is answer a. will have a big gap from the other two but only the actual poll would reveal the truth.

You may find that more people main classes that aren't completely broken and would rather have more content than bugs to fix other classes lol. For instance, most of the people I know that mained TR's and SW's have moved on from the game due to all the changes and nerfs. They surely would have liked to have seen their class fixed. People that main GWFs might say "um i dont want to run the same content for the next 9 months in the hopes that the devs get bugs fixed."

I still main a SW but find my time almost equally split now on my DC (2nd main) and building up my alts. I can say that there has to be a balance stuck between fixing bugs and working on content. Sorry but no one wants to run ToNG for the next year waiting for new content.

Perhaps you should add option D:
    "Grow our team so we can balance bug fixing and new content in a better way than we have for the last 3+ years."
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

The way I see it, there is a public demand for pushing more resources into bug fixing than new content. I could be wrong but there is a really easy way to find out. Send ingame mail to all acounts with the following poll. Should we:

a. Assign more resources to bug fixing, delaying the development of new content.
    b. Assign more resources to content development, dealing with bugfixing whenever some time is found.
    c. Maintain resource balance between new content and bugfixing.

You may find that more people main classes that aren't completely broken and would rather have more content than bugs to fix other classes lol. For instance, most of the people I know that mained TR's and SW's have moved on from the game due to all the changes and nerfs. They surely would have liked to have seen their class fixed. People that main GWFs might say "um i dont want to run the same content for the next 9 months in the hopes that the devs get bugs fixed."

I still main a SW but find my time almost equally split now on my DC (2nd main) and building up my alts. I can say that there has to be a balance stuck between fixing bugs and working on content. Sorry but no one wants to run ToNG for the next year waiting for new content.

Perhaps you should add option D:
    "Grow our team so we can balance bug fixing and new content in a better way than we have for the last 3+ years."
    I benched my SW as well. My main is now a toss up between my GF and DC. I think I enjoy the GF the most though!