test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How is the DC faring in mod 12b PVP: Healers

13»

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    i don't know the builds they are using, i know if I enter pvp and face 16K pvp hr, it will farm me, there is more flexiblity at lower ilvls of course, because some classes are more gear dependent but at 15K+ a right DC is a farmable asset to an HR
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    People just want to be dps and hate supports, when they see that a support role can counter their dps role in equivalent level, they immediatly complain.
    After all, a support class must be a training dummy right? Just because there is no dps label. Just because everyone is competitive and wants to do 300k dmg+ in a single hit, it does not mean that altruistic people who wish to do 300k+ heals in a single hit should be blamed. There is alot of burst damage, and there was burst healing. Burst healing was killed off, and we were left with some mitigation tools, which were killed too. All for the sake of easy "melting" of each other without the usage of brains.
    It is just as fair to be a "HAMSTER" as being a "goody-goody".

Sorry for the long text, but it's frustrating. PVP just got worse since the beggining, almost every step in the wrong direction.
    Given up long time ago. It's a shame really, such an excellent in-game combat mode, yet with horrible pvp balancing.

well if you look at the standings (yes i know the point system is dumb, doesn't necessary reflect your contribution blah blah). I don't know who the dominate dcs are, wether they farm premade or pug, etc. I see @vacce80 who was on the first page last mod on page 3. He's ran 204 matches and had 187 deaths (267 kills). So just for easy math your looking at an average of one death per match. That may sound good but last mod I'm positive I saw him having almost no deaths period. His KDR is 1.42 which also doesn't ssound bad, but then you look at other classes with similar gear lvl and in the 200+ match range and the KDRs are way way higher. Now i can argue that KDR is meaningless but then you have to do a deeper dive into the play styles, etc. Then you can determine if the contribution is equitable with other classes.

Many of my pvp dc friends have abandoned pvp this mod

Of the 289 "Invincible Overlord" qualified players, only 24 are dc's, so 8.3%. I'm sure that's way less than last module.
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    @almondum

Totally agree, a DC should be tanky due to its heals or mitigation to be able to be useful to the team. What good is it to have a paper-DC that dies with a few hits? You would see no DCs in PvP at all. Healing can still be useful in pvp, however it has become incredibly costly in terms of build to be able to sustain it; that is the shame.

Personally, the beauty of the class remains as follows: depending on how you decide to build, you can toggle between healer or buffer (and pseudo-DPSer) between or within matches. The versatility of the class is still there and that is maybe what I like most about it.

What first needs changing in my opinion is the burst damage of other classes which is just ridiculous. Then we can accurately assess how useful our healing is to the team.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

well if you look at the standings (yes i know the point system is dumb, doesn't necessary reflect your contribution blah blah). I don't know who the dominate dcs are, wether they farm premade or pug, etc. I see @vacce80 who was on the first page last mod on page 3. He's ran 204 matches and had 187 deaths (267 kills). So just for easy math your looking at an average of one death per match. That may sound good but last mod I'm positive I saw him having almost no deaths period. His KDR is 1.42 which also doesn't ssound bad, but then you look at other classes with similar gear lvl and in the 200+ match range and the KDRs are way way higher. Now i can argue that KDR is meaningless but then you have to do a deeper dive into the play styles, etc. Then you can determine if the contribution is equitable with other classes.

Of the 289 "Invincible Overlord" qualified players, only 24 are dc's, so 8.3%. I'm sure that's way less than last module.

Ive noticed most of the oldschool, BiS DCs quit pvping around module ago (myself included). They still play the game but mostly do PvE atm, or completely left NW.
    Im guessing its cause theres no 5v5 premades anymore, and most of the DCs ive seen in PvP now are just..well. Not that good for some reason.

So I think comparing stats of DCs now to previous mods isnt that accurate, considering the skill is much lower too.
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • callidus1986callidus1986 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    This is funny how not experienced people saying about PvP DC... Yes nerfed so bad and it 100% healing depression not 75% but there only few pvp DC and only 1 PvP DC which can heal ... and its Moira ... i can ignore SoD Trs ... Problem is they nerfed not all classes if ya looked carefull in feats there is SO OP healing just need the right builds ... 12.b mod DC tanky ones but not healers myself pure healer - casting 1 dailie bring back as minimum 40 k HP back ... Healing is art ..just understand mechanincs and benefits of gears class and most inportant enchants
    miyanaa said:

putzboy78 said:

Ive noticed most of the oldschool, BiS DCs quit pvping around module ago (myself included). They still play the game but mostly do PvE atm, or completely left NW.
    Im guessing its cause theres no 5v5 premades anymore, and most of the DCs ive seen in PvP now are just..well. Not that good for some reason.

So I think comparing stats of DCs now to previous mods isnt that accurate, considering the skill is much lower too.
    Them leaving pvp and/or the game is accurate. It reflects that there is certainly a change in participation and mood of pvp dcs since the changes.

This is funny how not experienced people saying about PvP DC... Yes nerfed so bad and it 100% healing depression not 75% but there only few pvp DC and only 1 PvP DC which can heal ... and its Moira ... i can ignore SoD Trs ... Problem is they nerfed not all classes if ya looked carefull in feats there is SO OP healing just need the right builds ... 12.b mod DC tanky ones but not healers myself pure healer - casting 1 dailie bring back as minimum 40 k HP back ... Healing is art ..just understand mechanincs and benefits of gears class and most inportant enchants

Yes man you are very experienced and the best, Ive seen u b*tch on both PMvsPM channel in game and forums about broken pants/shirt and next day u were wearing it in pvp xD
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    @miyanaa

Its that can't beat them join them mentality going on . Kind of like infestation of matches with TR's on both teams . I swear I haven't been in a match without smokebomb all over the nodes the whole match .
    @pjohnny1

I know quite a few people who put a lot of time and money into gearing up TRs in the past mod just cause its broken ... :P

But yeah, agreed
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube