test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

does itf stack?

Does itf stack if theres more than one gf in a dungeon run.

Just asking as dnt want to waste a power if someone else is also using it, thanks

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    No.

If both GFs are casting ITF, the effect's timer is simply refreshed with each cast.

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Imagine if it did.
  • ollybongo89#3420 ollybongo89 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    But if he popped itf and when it almost expires i can pop itf and we can alternate for 100% itf uptime?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

But if he popped itf and when it almost expires i can pop itf and we can alternate for 100% itf uptime?

yes, if there are 2 GFs in a party you could potentially do something like that. Whether or not that makes sense to do is situational :)

The way I see it, it's an inefficient team composition.

The only benefit to double GF ITF spamming I could see is to constantly refresh a DPS GF's Wrathful Warrior, and needing another GF to simply refresh 1 DPS's buff is kind of a waste. You and your team would get a lot more milage grabbing something like a HR who knows how to Longstrider, a SS Rene CW, or HB Fury SW with duckonaplate, or the DPS GF picking an extra damage encounter.

You only need ITF to be up 100% of the time when ITF matters, which is usually when the DC buffs go up. Just be patient and once your DCs put up EmpBtS/EmpFF, and use ITF.

If you really want perma/near perma ITF, get a Paladin with Aura of Wisdom and get an AC DC to spam Hastening Light.

Some nice info here peeps thanks, never ran a dc before so how does one know they are popping the bts / ff abilities so i can better time itf and not just spam it
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234358/buff-coordination

I outlined some of my thoughts there, but you can basically sum them down to a few cues:

-The very best way to know what EmpBtS/EmpFF are are to simply play a DC. DCs are the game's most powerful class, and a pocket DO buffer offers a lot to a team with little investment. Even if you're only taking your DC on ELoL or KR runs, just learning to use the DC's tools will help you recognize more of the signals they use.
    -Buff bar. Learn the symbols of BtS and FF which appear on your buff bar and you'll never miss their cast. The Buff bar is one of the greatest tools you can use on PC, but if you're on console, you're SoL.
    -Sounds. EmpBtS being casted sounds like glass shattering and FF has a very "holy" sound.
    -Animations. I can't really describe the EmpBtS animation particularly well, but it's distinct and you can recognize the BtS animation from sight alone. The FF one looks like the DC is raising their hands, and then water pours on your character from the sky.
    -Voice coms. Not particularly flashy, but super practical.

As a GF, you should be observing your surroundings as much as you're observing your enemies, so just check and take mental note of what your teammates are doing.

As an example, say you notice your DC spamming DG 3 times in a row, then tossing out EmpBTS. Once you you hear DG being spammed, prepare to cast your ITF.

I can tell when ff is going off as you said that holy sound it makes, its just the others that are harder to judge esp when its chaos fighting with 500 different effects goin off lol.

I dont really have the time to bring up a dc at the moment so probs check out a few youtube vids of them to see the visual cues and such.

Btw rjc i didnt mention that when i pop itf my cooldown is 7sec, i thought itf has a uptime of around 8se, correct me if wrong dude but baaed on that by the time itf expires i can recast does that class as 100% uptime sort of or not
    Yes, ITF has an uptime of 8 seconds. With your cooldown, you could conceivably keep ITF up 24/7.

However, there's just no benefit to two GFs spamming it, especially if one of the GFs practically has 100% uptime.

• preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

-Animations. I can't really describe the EmpBtS animation particularly well, but it's distinct and you can recognize the BtS animation from sight alone.

Underhanded softball pitch

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

-Animations. I can't really describe the EmpBtS animation particularly well, but it's distinct and you can recognize the BtS animation from sight alone.

Underhanded softball pitch

I would say it looks more like raising a torch, especially since DC icons look like mirrors or torches, or other really stupid implements.