test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

QOL improvement. Change the "Loot and Interact" Button to separate buttons.

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
One, at times, annoying unintentional "feature" is how the "inspect character"/interact button is also tied to any interaction. I.E. you go to "loot" or "open a door" and you wind up accidentally interacting with the person next to/in front of you.

So it either takes you 5 times of walking around trying to change your perspective and not trade or inspect or put on ignore the player next to you OR you try angling at the sky in just such a way that you're still in front of the interactable door.

Why not change it to a "Loot/Open door" button and an "Interact" button? Then we can bind one of them to F (most likely open/loot) and one to any other key to inspect someone.

I'd be interested to know other players opinions on this.
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    /bind [key] ++interact

Ignores players.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    micky1p00 said:

/bind [key] ++interact

Ignores players.

Much appreciated, I'll try this.

*addendum: It works perfectly, thanks. However I would say it should be a feature without keybinds. I wonder if it's possible though considering there are only so many buttons on console. It should be 2 different keybdinds in the options by default imho.
    Post edited by ltgamesttv#0999 on
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

/bind [key] ++interact

Ignores players.

Micky1p00, thanks for this. I will try it myself.

Though I agree with Tolkien, the grab loot/interact button mashup shouldn't require a "hack" (keybind), it should be more eloquently done in-game.

Frankly, I wish this game had an option for auto-loot, where I could turn on a feature in the config were I could set a quality threshold for drops and those that I run over go in my inventory (the way gold and lockboxes do now). I usually pick-up everything (unless teamed with people who want "fast runs"), and sort it later, so I'd set my quality to Common, but I could see people setting theirs higher.

Anyway, it would be a big QOL improvement.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Optimally, there should be an area around NPCs, mailboxs and such *cough Twilight Tor telescope cough* that disabled the player interact menu and activated the appropriate UI.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    I have bind 'g' to it for a long time (I don't need 'g' for guild page). I also notice that 'f' and 'g' (my 'g') are not using the same mechanic. 'f' needs you to position it right and 'g' is in proximity.
    e.g. when SH guard bug existed in serge event, I couldn't 'f' the guard but I could 'g' the guard.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > I have bind 'g' to it for a long time (I don't need 'g' for guild page). I also notice that 'f' and 'g' (my 'g') are not using the same mechanic. 'f' needs you to position it right and 'g' is in proximity.
    > e.g. when SH guard bug existed in serge event, I couldn't 'f' the guard but I could 'g' the guard.

Now I know why all the guards in the Ember Legion Stronghold up and quit.
    edited November 2017

I have bind 'g' to it for a long time (I don't need 'g' for guild page). I also notice that 'f' and 'g' (my 'g') are not using the same mechanic. 'f' needs you to position it right and 'g' is in proximity.
    e.g. when SH guard bug existed in serge event, I couldn't 'f' the guard but I could 'g' the guard.

That will be

/bind key interactIncludeVolume

I didn't know it to post it here and complicate things, but this one can trigger a bit obscured/ placed wrongly triggers, like the guard back then with the vines.

edit: No toggle operator for this one ++
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

That will be

/bind key ++interactIncludeVolume

I didn't know it to post it here and complicate things, but this one can trigger a bit obscured/ placed wrongly triggers, like the guard back then with the vines.
    Pardon the derail, but Janne do you know why we include the ++ toggle operator? I believe I've bound versions of the command without the ++ and they seem to work.

For other stuff that actually needs a toggle (ex. ++hardtargetlock), invoking the command without the toggle operator will instead report the status of the toggle (I like ++hardtargetlock $$ hardtargetlock for that reason).

<3
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @micky1p00 said:
    > I have bind 'g' to it for a long time (I don't need 'g' for guild page). I also notice that 'f' and 'g' (my 'g') are not using the same mechanic. 'f' needs you to position it right and 'g' is in proximity.
    > e.g. when SH guard bug existed in serge event, I couldn't 'f' the guard but I could 'g' the guard.
    >
    > That will be
    >
    > /bind key ++interactIncludeVolume
    >
    > I didn't know it to post it here and complicate things, but this one can trigger a bit obscured/ placed wrongly triggers, like the guard back then with the vines.

Janne, does that work on the patrol map boats in Port Nayanzaru? Those are a pain to interact with.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited November 2017
    dupeks said:

micky1p00 said:

That will be

/bind key ++interactIncludeVolume

Pardon the derail, but Janne do you know why we include the ++ toggle operator? I believe I've bound versions of the command without the ++ and they seem to work.

For other stuff that actually needs a toggle (ex. ++hardtargetlock), invoking the command without the toggle operator will instead report the status of the toggle (I like ++hardtargetlock $$ hardtargetlock for that reason).

<3</p>
    Ooops, it's actualy wont work in this case. It must be /bind key interactIncludeVolume

Some commands set to have an activation parameter, for example /walk 1 /walk 0
    We can /bind key +walk
    This is will pass /walk 1 on keydown and /walk 0 on up (Believe that it works on key down / up)

But because the command return the current value when we just /walk
    it supports the toggling so /bind key ++walk
    will take the reported value and pass the opposite to the command

Looks like /interact doesn't need the toggle. I've copied what Iv'e wrote down long ago, bit it works without and with it, thought it probably shouldn't
    pitshade said:

> @micky1p00 said:

>

> That will be

>

> /bind key ++interactIncludeVolume

>

> I didn't know it to post it here and complicate things, but this one can trigger a bit obscured/ placed wrongly triggers, like the guard back then with the vines.

Janne, does that work on the patrol map boats in Port Nayanzaru? Those are a pain to interact with.

Hmm not sure, I have the /interact one bound and use it on the door in the port and other crowded places, but I don't remember having trouble with the boats.