test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tired of getting stuck in ballad

urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
i went into Ballad the morning to defeat Baphomet and when i get stuck that i could not target him or use any of my powers for how this happens every time i go in there that this always happens to all my toons that try's to attack him anyway you guys can fix this so this doesn't happen anymore https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23467353_231774967358081_5980471461067705246_o.jpg?oh=31f4b1cc1ecb294f1f8054bba13ccb9a&oe=5A917714 https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23456532_231778494024395_721073216302070347_o.jpg?oh=c22036fed643cf49c6e3ae929d0d1c2c&oe=5AA0002F

Comments

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i only got stuck as CW with my teleport, and as HR using the fox melee skill (dont remember the name) always because i get to close to the wall, as CW i had to place a defeat me, as HR i could use the same skill to get back to the fight...

But i agree with you is really annoying...
  • urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

i only got stuck as CW with my teleport, and as HR using the fox melee skill (dont remember the name) always because i get to close to the wall, as CW i had to place a defeat me, as HR i could use the same skill to get back to the fight...

But i agree with you is really annoying...

i agree last time i went to attack him on my cw that i got lifted off the ground for no reason where i as unable to port away from him as i was left to die
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    I stay away from the edge to avoid the issue. i.e. edge of the platform, Baphomet, me, center of the platform
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I stay away from the edge to avoid the issue. i.e. edge of the platform, Baphomet, me, center of the platform ballad isn't suppose to be like that why I'm saying they need to fixed it cause all this fixing they have gone has broken the game

edited November 2017
    urtew3 said:

I stay away from the edge to avoid the issue. i.e. edge of the platform, Baphomet, me, center of the platform ballad isn't suppose to be like that why I'm saying they need to fixed it cause all this fixing they have gone has broken the game

Of course, it should not like that and obviously it is a bug. This has been reported many times since that quest was created. i.e. months if not a year. In the meanwhile, that is what I do to deal with it.

I have experienced different varieties of situation. Most of time, I managed to kill it from 'outside'.
    By the way, there is reason why you are lifted off the ground but you should not stay up there. I think Mince or Knox (or one of your 'friends') can push you up.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Don't go near the barrier.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited November 2017

urtew3 said:

Of course, it should not like that and obviously it is a bug. This has been reported many times since that quest was created. i.e. months if not a year. In the meanwhile, that is what I do to deal with it.

I have experienced different varieties of situation. Most of time, I managed to kill it from 'outside'.
    By the way, there is reason why you are lifted off the ground but you should not stay up there. I think Mince or Knox (or one of your 'friends') can push you up.
    when I was fighting him I saw one of the clerics get stuck off the ground and when he gets stuck as well that he was unable to target me where hes jump should of not let him out
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! Didn't have a chance to respond to this thread earlier to say that I'm pinging the team to see what's going on/updates.
  • bareftmonkeybareftmonkey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    That's been happening to me every time I do Baphomet since the Maze Engine mod appeared, unless I make sure to stay very far away from the edge. Getting knocked into the invisible wall by Baphomet or simply using Duellist's Flurry while near the edge tends to get me stuck in midair.
  • boydsto#9967 boydsto Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Been happening a while for me as well with my TR. The barrier issue of course, any move that cause me to go over the "Invisible wall", or any stealth move ability causes me to go through it, ends up with me stuck outside the fight, but the other issue I began seeing was Duelists Flurry would cause me to fall through the platform. I thought at first it was just a glitch I hit, but have learned this happens every time I try using it against him. Of course the fight is still doable using just a standard attack, just takes a lot longer.
    I haven't seen my companion get stuck yet but I really hope that they can get ballad fixed so we don't end up getting stuck anymore
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Happened to me once, when I was knocked back into the edge/barrier
    urtew3 said:

I haven't seen my companion get stuck yet but I really hope that they can get ballad fixed so we don't end up getting stuck anymore

Companion seldom goes to the edge. If they do, I will actually be happy because of combat advantage. Staying away from the edge usually lose combat advantage although it is also not very tough to get that back.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It happens to my TR all the time and I have to stay away from the edge. Hopefully it's just a matter of making the barrier higher?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I've submitted multiple in-game tickets for this since the Ballad went live; clearly the ticketing system is either broken somehow or whoever is supposed to action them is just lazy, or more worryingly inept.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @armadeonx said:
    > It happens to my TR all the time and I have to stay away from the edge. Hopefully it's just a matter of making the barrier higher?

I think the problem is that mob powers can move players in such a way as to push us through the barriers. It especially bad for TR because a bug some time ago causes mobs to try and walk towards a TR using DF now. They have always been able to pull but for some reason, their AI is now causing them to push.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

> @armadeonx said:

> It happens to my TR all the time and I have to stay away from the edge. Hopefully it's just a matter of making the barrier higher?

I think the problem is that mob powers can move players in such a way as to push us through the barriers. It especially bad for TR because a bug some time ago causes mobs to try and walk towards a TR using DF now. They have always been able to pull but for some reason, their AI is now causing them to push.

i don't always see this but when i do i can understand how frustrating the wall can be when you can never escape it even if the pet keeps you alive why i had to go into the help option to kill my TR off
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    often get stuck on my TR when Bapho's control powers force me outside perimeter... fix pls .. very annoying. have to sacrifice and start again.. BORING!
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I run this on four toons every week since I unlocked it pretty early after UD came out. I've gotten stuck like this only twice. Should be easy to find a way to do the run to avoid this.
    edited November 2017
    It is pretty easy to avoid that. It was kind of fun to kill the big guy from outside the barrier too. :)

So far, all my 5 toons were send out at least once and were able to kill the big guy from outside (not necessary the toon himself but could be the companion). The total failure was once because I accidentally jumped from the platform before killing the big guy and had to commit suicide.