test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Untranslated Damage

neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
One of my characters (op) in every combat encounter is getting the damage pop up of ‘untranslated’ and a long string of letters and numbers in red text.

Been happening more and more since chult came out.

It happens everywhere (dungeons, from lostmauth to tong and all skirmishes, and in the stronghold, river district, and chult - all the zones I run on him) and I do not recall this happening before to this extreme.

It did happen every once in awhile before the new mod, but like once every two days or so vs every combat encounter now. And the text and number string is new.

Does anyone know what this is? And why?

Obnoxious more than game breaking, to be fair. Mainly curious.

Running a pure shadowclad, with air archon, earth archon, erynes, siege master, and energon companions.

All boons (except pvp) but the last two in chult (i can provide them if needed)

Huntsman arms and legs, deepknights brigadine, and dawnhide mask with major power kits.

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I'd be interested in hearing what this is too. I've seen it on my SW, DC and GF at random times and tried to recreate it but it seems to happen randomly on it's own.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have seen similar prompts on the screen, not from damage per se, but other names of things, like bosses in the distance that I am not fighting. To me it looks like the real programming name of the thing is coming through on the screen rather than the friendly name.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Seems to have cleaned up since the patch. Haven’t seen it since tuesday so ok.
  • Started coming back. Not as much, but from raptors and batari in chult on my pally and in some low level epic dungeon runs on my cleric as well earlier today and yesterday.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I took a recording the other day: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SunsSoapbox/video/38921443

It happens at about 11 seconds into the video
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating this to see what info I can find out!
  • neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Edit: got it three times already, different number strings.

I’ve tried looking in the combat log to see what could be doing it, but there’s a lot there and I have no idea. Nothing in the log shows up as untranslated (it’s easier to get to pop on screen in chult temples that you enter for the chultan treasures mission, and since there are fewer enemies to deal with, the combat log is easier to look at).

But since it happens in other areas, I wouldn’t think its due to enemy powers and attacks.

Only thing I’ve ever seen about untranslated damage on the pc patch notes is for october 23rd; there is a mention about ras nsi and untranslated damage being fixed. I would guess this is the 12b mod we will get? Would it be related?

If they need my toon names I can provide, or my build and set up if needed on both.
    Post edited by neverburnaclown#3112 on
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2017
    You're right - it is the logical name is the power instead of its friendly display name. This will happen the first time each power from an enemy happens per session. Once you've seen it once for that power, you'll always see the friendly name for that power until you restart the client. The friendly name is sent in a different packet from the power application, so the red text might display before the friendly name arrives. We fixed this (the patch note mentions Ras Nsi like @neverburnaclown#3112 says, but it can happen lots of places) but I don't think the fix has reached the consoles yet.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It still happens a lot on PC even after the "fix". I get it a lot in Dread Ring, while doing the Red Wizards quest.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Yeah it happens all the time on Consoles. I'd hit an enemy NPC for example in Icewind Pass, and it comes up with this funky numbers and letters, i'm like ughhhhh what is this. Or i'd get hit from Demogorgon and it would come up with this weird text.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter