test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

12b PvP is even worse?

pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
I do not understand, does our dear devs ever played or tested PvP in this game? After healing depression changes PvP became much worse and ofc it's because of TR. We have almost no heal or defenses against SoD now, without healing we die in a seconds. PvP is in the worst state that ever been, I could easily say that even broken OP GWF have not been that bad as TR is now. TR SoD have to be nerfed to the ground, you think without it TR will become weak? No, I know TRs who could deal insane damage even without SoD. Good dps TR can spam bloodbath and deal 100k+ damage easily in PvP. Without SoD TRs have their survivability, stealth, ITC, dodge and their insane deflect with it, TR cannot be killed (I am not talking about ganking). Yes, there is many things that need to be fixed in PvP, but I think every player (who is not a fanboy of broken TR) will agree that TR fix have to be top priority and it have to be fixed not at 13 mod, but ASAP!! (Even consoles players started to feel how broken TRs is now)

P.S. Dear devs I suggest you to play few matches in 70lvl domination solo and you will see what is happening there :)

@tripsofthrymr, @nitocris83
Tagged:

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    ya cws have been unable to kill good trs for many many ,many mods ... you can stale mate at best there is nothing to conterplay .. there is no counter play against a "good" tr as a cw even with sod fixed

unless resorting to rings of vision etc
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Ye, whole TR have to be fixed (I am not talking about huge "nerf"). I just wanted to state, that TR even without their most broken power can still be top in PvP. I hope that SoD "fix" will be soon, because from now on I am also one of those players that leaving PvP world of Neverwinter...
  • mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    PVE too weak PVP too powerful. See cryptic. TR rework must be next. Please and thank you.
    I agree, TR cannot be nerfed on PvE, SoD rework have to be done on PvP only. TR in PvE is already pretty weak compared with other classes
    etelgrin said:

Perhaps all we need is to use tools given, I know what Im about to propose and I disagree with usage but still:
    - T. Shadowclad + Ring of Ambush +4/+5, Ring of Vision +4/+5, Mark of Stamina Drain, Mark of AP Drain.

I won't reccomend some silly wards against this damage or slayers vs. this deflection sev.

If you thought Ring of Cursebringer and Sandy Pants, they are uselss, easily every Rogue can escape it with ITC pretty much in contrary to EVERY OTHER CLASS.

Lol, that's pretty stupid that we need to use broken items just to survive broken mechanics. I agree this is the only option if you want to "enjoy" pvp nowadays.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I mentioned in another thread that devs are looking into a fix for SoD, though there isn't an ETA yet for a change to go live.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I am disappointed I thought this would be a thread on smtg else than TR. There are so many problems with pvp. Tr SoD was 1 gross mistake that was bound to be fixed sooner or later. Funny that there has not been 1 single comment of devs on gear gap problems in pvp that make a 8k or 10k player face BiS players with 40k power, lion and maxed SH boon. This is single most disabling feature of pvp right now that will continue casting a shadow over it and its enjoyment unless fixed.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    My experience so far is that everything dies before before CC changes can kick in.
    Players should do less damage, but healing should not counter that, just slow down the time it takes to kill another.
    Also OP and TR should be killable.
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User

My experience so far is that everything dies before before CC changes can kick in.
    Players should do less damage, but healing should not counter that, just slow down the time it takes to kill another.
    Also OP and TR should be killable.

Yes, there is way too much burst damage going around that can take you out before cc resistance kicks in.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
    edited November 2017
    etelgrin said:

Perhaps all we need is to use tools given, I know what Im about to propose and I disagree with usage but still:
    - T. Shadowclad + Ring of Ambush +4/+5, Ring of Vision +4/+5, Mark of Stamina Drain, Mark of AP Drain.

I won't reccomend some silly wards against this damage or slayers vs. this deflection sev.

If you thought Ring of Cursebringer and Sandy Pants, they are uselss, easily every Rogue can escape it with ITC pretty much in contrary to EVERY OTHER CLASS.

and then put yourself at a disadvantage against any other class coming by because you cant swap rings while in combat anymore ...and then provoke worse consequences and retaltions because you are wearing drains

I am surprised you did not recommend wearing wards against Tr ..
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    @jonkoca

Its because there has always been something worse than GF and OP for over a year . Your class was worse until piercing started respecting tenacity and you had TR 1 shotting with SE . Besides GF has the illuminati working for them silencing anyone speaking about then . Better start looking overy your shoulder now after you mentioned them :)

> @jonkoca said:
    > Strengthened initial cc, and increased healing depression put my HR out of the pvp game completely. I agree TRs are on easy mode right now, but tbh. nerfing them will just mean GFs and OPs will move into the spotlight.
    >
    > Why we never ever seem to have had a discussion about GFs in PvP, and OPs now too, always amazes me.

Actually we had discussion about GF burst damage, even tho devs did not responded. Also I do not think that GF is overpowered now, yes their burst damage is pretty insane, but it is not that hard to kill them. On the other hand OPs even with dps build are invincible. OP with good build could also deal huge damage to others, but there are like 3 OPs who are that good, that's why it's not a problem yet.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @pauliusxas said:
    > I do not understand, does our dear devs ever played or tested PvP in this game? After healing depression changes PvP became much worse and ofc it's because of TR. We have almost no heal or defenses against SoD now, without healing we die in a seconds. PvP is in the worst state that ever been, I could easily say that even broken OP GWF have not been that bad as TR is now. TR SoD have to be nerfed to the ground, you think without it TR will become weak? No, I know TRs who could deal insane damage even without SoD. Good dps TR can spam bloodbath and deal 100k+ damage easily in PvP. Without SoD TRs have their survivability, stealth, ITC, dodge and their insane deflect with it, TR cannot be killed (I am not talking about ganking). Yes, there is many things that need to be fixed in PvP, but I think every player (who is not a fanboy of broken TR) will agree that TR fix have to be top priority and it have to be fixed not at 13 mod, but ASAP!! (Even consoles players started to feel how broken TRs is now)
    >
    > P.S. Dear devs I suggest you to play few matches in 70lvl domination solo and you will see what is happening there :)
    >
    > @tripsofthrymr, @nitocris83

Tr Won't Become weak But They Won't Kill High End Players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @jonkoca said:
    > Strengthened initial cc, and increased healing depression put my HR out of the pvp game completely. I agree TRs are on easy mode right now, but tbh. nerfing them will just mean GFs and OPs will move into the spotlight.
    >
    > Why we never ever seem to have had a discussion about GFs in PvP, and OPs now too, always amazes me.

Because they want to be immortal. Which is what will happen when sod is gone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited November 2017
    etelgrin said:

kalina311 said:

etelgrin said:

and then put yourself at a disadvantage against any other class coming by because you cant swap rings while in combat anymore ...and then provoke worse consequences and retaltions because you are wearing drains

I am surprised you did not recommend wearing wards against Tr ..
    I'll explain the problem and why I think using wards is pointless. I believe everybody can deal with the clueless TR who think he has push2win button, you can time dodge, you can time immunity frame to avoid SoD proc, he won't put CB on you nor trap you ina perma smokebomb, but the thing we are talking about here are Top tier TRs with 30k Recovery and not much less Power which is enough to make SoD hit like a truck because it calculates premitigation damage for it. And these TRs can chain you in a Bloodbath, while in CB in Smoke to make sure you won't avoid it and then even if you manage to survive first SoD proc, the experienced TR will still hold you in control and land another SoD as soon as the previous one hits, making it deal like 400k unresistible damage. The ward won't be enough to survive this by any means. This is taking a 1v1 situation, there are TRs who can deal really great damage with the Bloodbath itself even before the SoD hits and then they can time the SoD procs or stack so much damage into it, imagine situation with OP ally and Aura of Courage counting towards this hits, ITF counting towards the damage. 1v1 situation is deadly enough, if you bring like 2 buffers/pvp builds the TR will eat all things alive.

I use Paladin Wards and GF wards, because once I took a Divine Judgement hit for 180k damage I realized the issue with OP is quite serious as is with GFs burst just people aren't aware yet. I can't survive good OP at all, Burning Light eats me alive with AoC procs, Shielding Strikes makes me hit OP for 0 damage so I can't life steal back, and Div. Judgement I already mentioned.
    no kidding the wards are useless vs tr lol that was sarcastic bait lol
    +1
    just well explained for people thinking of that option and why it would not work ...saved me the text explaining and agreeing ..
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    pjohnny1 said:

@jonkoca

GF has the illuminati working for them silencing anyone speaking about then . Better start looking overy your shoulder now after you mentioned them :)

haha! This is exactly it. Some players have spoken about the GF's many advantages relative to other classes and the Illuminati rose to protest. Some people add to the agreement on how GFs can be overpowered often in the form of "likes" in comments, but others seem to fear the IIluminati for reasons not comprehensible to me; this often takes the form of silence as you say. Perhaps others are afraid of in-game bullying, which has been mentioned on these forums. Of course, there are others that manage to inject unneeded acrimony into the argument, exaggeration, mix up pve and pvp and show their hatred of the class in a less than subtle way which shoots the credibility of their argument directly in the foot; this latter case may also be the dark product of the inner workings of the Illuminati.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)