test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unprofessional Actor in Biggrin?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
edited November 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it just me?

Every Time when I enter Biggrin, the giant skeleton beside the camp fire appears just lying down (from kind of sitting position) to pretend to be a corpse.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Server lag does some strange things, mobs being placed incorrectly and all. I remember once entering Malabog's throne room to see him hovering 10' in the air and then fall down onto the throne while giving his speech.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Are you talking about the giant skeleton that you have to fight right before you get to Biggrin? He's supposed to be lying down when you enter the area.. He "awakens" from his slumber when you get close to him due to the Deathlock wight performing an animate dead on him
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    No. I was talking about when you enter the instance and it is next to the first camp fire. I have a split second to watch it lays down and never gets up again. That one is supposed to be 'dead dead'. You never fight that one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Hmm.. never noticed that one really do anything. . Will have to watch next time I run it
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Is it just me?

Every Time when I enter Biggrin, the giant skeleton beside the camp fire appears just lying down (from kind of sitting position) to pretend to be a corpse.

How much effort would a skeleton have to put into pretending to be a corpse? At what point of decay does a corpse stop being a corpse and become a skeleton? I pictured a skelly trying to find some patches of skin to attach to itself so it looks a little more corpse-like.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Skeletal Memory, similar to Muscle Memory (twitches) after death.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

Is it just me?

How much effort would a skeleton have to put into pretending to be a corpse? At what point of decay does a corpse stop being a corpse and become a skeleton? I pictured a skelly trying to find some patches of skin to attach to itself so it looks a little more corpse-like.
    I would think it wanted to get the skin from us at first but once it noticed how shiny the armour we have, he changed his mind and just lay down quickly to play dead dead. :)
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Maybe they are just feeling tired and layed down for abit.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    You're questioning that she wrote three sentences? How many people get upset when they don't see a post in a 24hr period and start calling for ZEN boycotts? Sheesh!
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    litaaers said:

You're questioning that she wrote three sentences? How many people get upset when they don't see a post in a 24hr period and start calling for ZEN boycotts? Sheesh!

+1

Personally I like to see the admins/community managers participating in some forum silliness every now and then.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User

Hmm.. never noticed that one really do anything. . Will have to watch next time I run it

I have run this since day 1 and never seen this... kinda cool

• litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    urlord283 said:

I have run this since day 1 and never seen this... kinda cool

I would wager that a person's connection speed, PC speed, and lag all play a part in whether or not they would see this.
    Most of the actors in the content that a player can see get placed and positioned in the few seconds when you launch into a map. The more there is to do and to deal with, the greater chance that it will not be done by the time the 'curtain goes up'.

As an example, on days where my connection to NW has significant lag, I can log onto a character, and if I am fast, I can invoke once, and it will register on *yesterday's* invoke count. Then the 'start of day' tasks execute, and I can invoke again, immediately, and it starts off my day.

Not that I have ever planned it, but there were a few times when this allowed me to hit the final Celestial Coin invoke that I had missed.

EDIT: Clarification